Dobyns Bennett v. Oak Ridge

srupley

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Graham Clark doesn't appoint an offensive coordinator to do the routine play calling, I don't expect much in the way of a scoring game. It looks like he has admitted finally, on Tricities Sports that he's not on the top of his game either - play calling that is. He needs to act on this now, not next year. In fact, it's more likely that we will see an interception and a defensive touch down than a bonified td by the offense. Even our kicking game has been weak - which is something new for DB. In previous years, even with a weak offense, we could count on the defense AND a good kicking game. Not this year. Just a 1st class defense this year. So will our defense be able to stall Oak Ridge's offense? I duno, but I doubt it. OR always finds a way if they're not having the problems they had last year. Sounds like they are strong on all fronts this year. We'll see Friday. I have to admit, it is hard to get excited about this game this year.

I have a question, why does OR Football have such a nice up to date web site? Somebody does a really nice job there.

http://www.oakridgefootball.net/

DB's site on the other hand is last year's for crying out loud:

http://www.k12k.com/db/athletics/football/index.htm

2006 schedule and team. Nobody cares or what? Somebody needs to shut it down. That's better than keeping last year's online. Am I sensing an consistent undertone here?

On the brighter side, what's for dinner Friday night at the tail gate?

If Graham Clark doesn't appoint an offensive coordinator to do the routine play calling, I don't expect much in the way of a scoring game. It looks like he has admitted finally, on Tricities Sports that he's not on the top of his game either - play calling that is. He needs to act on this now, not next year. In fact, it's more likely that we will see an interception and a defensive touch down than a bonified td by the offense. Even our kicking game has been weak - which is something new for DB. In previous years, even with a weak offense, we could count on the defense AND a good kicking game. Not this year. Just a 1st class defense this year. So will our defense be able to stall Oak Ridge's offense? I duno, but I doubt it. OR always finds a way if they're not having the problems they had last year. Sounds like they are strong on all fronts this year. We'll see Friday. I have to admit, it is hard to get excited about this game this year.

I have a question, why does OR Football have such a nice up to date web site? Somebody does a really nice job there.

2006 schedule and team. Nobody cares or what? Somebody needs to shut it down. That's better than keeping last year's online. Am I sensing an consistent undertone here?

Feel the same way about non updated web sites. Got to go with Oak Ridge this week but pulling for the Tribe to prove me wrong.

From a previous poster: "OR has several offensive weapons, if you concentrate on Jared Stephens #5 (which is by itself no easy task), then Kevin Summers #4 will take it to you. "

Just a friendly correction on key player numbers: Kevin Sommers (FB / LB) is #44. Demarcus Rodgers (WR / DB / KR) is #4. Both are outstanding players. #4 Rodgers was hurt much of preseason but last year as a soph was one of the most dynamic players we've seen at Oak Ridge. If he is fully healed up he is a tremendous talent and threat. Also, #2 Raphael Coffey (WR / DB) is extremely talented. Both have good speed and are about as good of a receiving twosome as we've had in some time. The question in my mind is if the OR QB's can get the ball to them effectively. Oak Ridge won the 7 on 7 passing league and got to go to California to the Nationals, so at first glance you would think no problem. But accuracy has been more of an issue than I would have thought. Oak Ridge has a big (240+ pound) Junior quarterback with a big arm but it appears that he and the receivers have been a little out of sync. They also have another QB (Clark #7)that is not as gifted in arm strength but is athletic and has been effective. If OR is able to get their passing game going, it may pose issues for DB's defense. But I believe if OR is not able to pose a passing threat, it could spell trouble for OR fans. DB is going to be much more effective stopping #5 Stephens than Fulton or Bradley were in my opinion. If Oak Ridge wants to be able to beat the good teams in 5A, they will have to avoid being one dimensional.

I know many of the DB fans are frustrated right now, but I fully expect DB to bounce back and give Oak Ridge all they can handle. This game has a way of bringing out the best in both teams! Can some of the DB fans give us some names, numbers, and details about key players for DB?

That is the old website.

Here is a link to the new website for all the sports.

http://kcs.k12k.com/index.pl?id=7646

DB will roll! I will be in the student section rooting my school on to a win!

Roll Tribe!

OR graduated over 20 off the squad last year, but I do not have the number of returning players. Needless to say there were not that many, however, a lot of the players have stepped up and are filling key positions quite well thank you.

To be exact 28 graduated off the squad last year, but just to let you know; there are plenty of returning players. With several new-comers also. And I totally agree with you several players have stepped up to the gridiron. They have a great number of seniors willing to step in as leaders.

That is the old website.

Here is a link to the new website for all the sports.

http://kcs.k12k.com/index.pl?id=7646

DB will roll! I will be in the student section rooting my school on to a win!

Roll Tribe!

My appologies. But still, the web master needs to make his pages more searchable. Start by putting Dobyns Bennett Indians Football on that page in text and make sure there is a link to it from somewhere that Google and Yahoo knows about. And somebody, tear down that old web page.

If OR was the defending State Champions and graduated 28 that might be of interest, but graduating 28 off a 5-5 squad shouldn't be a hinderence to a successful season this year.

Go Cats!

Ole Dad

To be exact 28 graduated off the squad last year, but just to let you know; there are plenty of returning players. With several new-comers also. And I totally agree with you several players have stepped up to the gridiron. They have a great number of seniors willing to step in as leaders.

More friendly corrections ... it's Kevin SUMMERS, Demarcus ROGERS and RALPHEAL Coffey. As for your post, it's pretty much spot on. David Irby is the big quarterback and Clark's name is Tyler. Tyler looked good Friday night throwing the ball, once they got over some problems he had taking the shotgun snap.

From a previous poster: "OR has several offensive weapons, if you concentrate on Jared Stephens #5 (which is by itself no easy task), then Kevin Summers #4 will take it to you. "

Just a friendly correction on key player numbers: Kevin Sommers (FB / LB) is #44. Demarcus Rodgers (WR / DB / KR) is #4. Both are outstanding players. #4 Rodgers was hurt much of preseason but last year as a soph was one of the most dynamic players we've seen at Oak Ridge. If he is fully healed up he is a tremendous talent and threat. Also, #2 Raphael Coffey (WR / DB) is extremely talented. Both have good speed and are about as good of a receiving twosome as we've had in some time. The question in my mind is if the OR QB's can get the ball to them effectively. Oak Ridge won the 7 on 7 passing league and got to go to California to the Nationals, so at first glance you would think no problem. But accuracy has been more of an issue than I would have thought. Oak Ridge has a big (240+ pound) Junior quarterback with a big arm but it appears that he and the receivers have been a little out of sync. They also have another QB (Clark #7)that is not as gifted in arm strength but is athletic and has been effective. If OR is able to get their passing game going, it may pose issues for DB's defense. But I believe if OR is not able to pose a passing threat, it could spell trouble for OR fans. DB is going to be much more effective stopping #5 Stephens than Fulton or Bradley were in my opinion. If Oak Ridge wants to be able to beat the good teams in 5A, they will have to avoid being one dimensional.

I know many of the DB fans are frustrated right now, but I fully expect DB to bounce back and give Oak Ridge all they can handle. This game has a way of bringing out the best in both teams! Can some of the DB fans give us some names, numbers, and details about key players for DB?

More friendly corrections ... it's Kevin SUMMERS, Demarcus ROGERS and RALPHEAL Coffey. As for your post, it's pretty much spot on. David Irby is the big quarterback and Clark's name is Tyler. Tyler looked good Friday night throwing the ball, once they got over some problems he had taking the shotgun snap.

Thanks for the corrections. No program handy and I wasn't sure of player names' spelling... I attended all of the preseason scrimmages (Maryville, Alcoa, and the multi team in Cookeville) but was unable to attend the Bradley game. Did Irby look any more in sync with the receivers? Having not seen the 7 on 7 competition I have been really surprised that Irby is not clicking. He obviously has tremendous talent if he can get better control. Do you think Irby is in a slump, or what is your take on it?

Clark's "package" appears to be more ball control oriented and quite effective. Reminds me more of OR's high percentage passing game of the past. Daniels Mullholland (TE # 43 I believe) is a tough, sure handed end that is not afraid to go over the middle, and should be a factor with both QB's.

Tank, did Kirkpatrick(FB / LB) look like he is back at full capacity or still recovering, and what is your take on Irby?