Dobyns Bennett v. Oak Ridge

srupley

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is anybody gonna admit that i have been right about this team so far this year. i will say the defense has played alot better than i thought they would have but i told you the offense would do nothing. i was at the Blount game and i shocked at how bad our WRs looked. i told you people that the no huddle offense wouldnt work at all and that graham cant call plays in big or close games. im not gonna make a trip back to kingsport to watch this team until maybe the science hill game cause i dont want to waste my gas on that. i think that OR will destroy DB this week it doesnt matter what changes DB has made on offense. you cant fix something when there is nothin better there. i really hope DB doesnt lose by more than 28 this week that would be really embarrassing. just give me my credit for calling this.

I'd say that not to many teams in the state have played three of the top six ranked teams in a row other than DB.

is anybody gonna admit that i have been right about this team so far this year. i will say the defense has played alot better than i thought they would have but i told you the offense would do nothing. i was at the Blount game and i shocked at how bad our WRs looked. i told you people that the no huddle offense wouldnt work at all and that graham cant call plays in big or close games. im not gonna make a trip back to kingsport to watch this team until maybe the science hill game cause i dont want to waste my gas on that. i think that OR will destroy DB this week it doesnt matter what changes DB has made on offense. you cant fix something when there is nothin better there. i really hope DB doesnt lose by more than 28 this week that would be really embarrassing. just give me my credit for calling this.

No, the embarrassing thing will be if DB's coaches walk off the field without shaking hands like 2 of them did against Knox B! Both of them left straight for the locker room. One is brand new, perhaps that is what he was taught when he played at UT. It reminds me of a couple of years ago when a DB player chastised another player on the side line for a bad pass. The fans see everything that happens down there and those 2 coaches were embarrassing for DB and this city. If OR runs any offense to the left side it will get ugly fast. LB and DB are too small and to weak. The LB gets planted 3/4 of the plays and they arm tackle. For it to be close DB has to be lucky (score other than offense) and OR stink it up (turnovers).

OK time out from football for one momento. DB are you all cooking any food for this shindig or do we fend for ourselves on this one?

OakRidgeCat,

The Dobyns-Bennett PTSA is the sponsor of this week's tailgate dinner and they are serving Pratts' Bar-B-Q (a local bar-b-q legend) pulled pork or chicken sandwiches, cole slaw, beans, and a dessert, with iced tea for only $6.00...Cat all of you Wildcat fans are certainly welcome...they are serving in the Buck Van Huss Dome lobby at the top of the ramp just beside the main entrance to J. Fred Johnson Stadium...have a safe trip up (and back) and come eat with the Indians...

Roll Tribe Roll

I love this ballgame, the best non conference match up in Tn, in my opinion. I was thinking about this ballgame in recent years and here are some names that came to mind. Sorry DB fans if I mess up the names or spellings.

DB Indians: Gerald Sensabaugh, Teddy Gaines, B.J. Clendennan, Adonis Johnson, Duran Ferguson, Jerrod(?) Thropp, Coty Sensabaugh

OR Wildcats: Shawn Summers, Shawn Bohannon, Adrian Porter, Corey Booker, Jason McAddley, Scott McMahon, Spencer Guilmire

These are some of the marquee names in the series recently. Who are some of the more unsung heroes that have been key players in the outcome of these ballgames, or some names from the past that came up big?

ORidgeKat,

I would add Daley Thompson from Oak Ridge and Walker Throp and Phillip Tritapoe from D-B as they all three were huge in the two classic games from 2003...Daryl "purple" Hayes from D-B was huge in the 2004 game at the "Ship"...and I think in your only spelling error you were going for Josef Throp...and there was another defensive back for Oak Ridge who played great in the '03 playoff game and i can't come up with his name...

Roll Tribe Roll

That would be Adam Black. He made some incredible open field tackles to keep us in that game.

Btw, 2 of our better offensive and defensive linemen, Carson and Stewart will not be playing Friday night. They have been suspended for violating team rules. Very disappointed in this turn of events as our line play has been truly spectacular the first 2 games.

I heard not many players shook hands either----I was told #18(?), #79(?) and maybe one other player actually congratulated the Bearden players. Probably just too devastated?? As far as the defense is concerned it appears defense isn't the issue. I have heard certain positions are small and so forth but they apparently didn't allow a score in regulation? I guess from the sound of things I would be more concerned about scoring ----points allowed doesn't seem to be the problem for this team!

No, the embarrassing thing will be if DB's coaches walk off the field without shaking hands like 2 of them did against Knox B! Both of them left straight for the locker room. One is brand new, perhaps that is what he was taught when he played at UT. It reminds me of a couple of years ago when a DB player chastised another player on the side line for a bad pass. The fans see everything that happens down there and those 2 coaches were embarrassing for DB and this city. If OR runs any offense to the left side it will get ugly fast. LB and DB are too small and to weak. The LB gets planted 3/4 of the plays and they arm tackle. For it to be close DB has to be lucky (score other than offense) and OR stink it up (turnovers).

I'm sure if someone tells GC that some of the team or coaches didn't shake hands after a loss or win,he would address it to the team . I guess when you pick at something this close,your never going to be pleased with a DB game.I'd say that the Knoxville fans were so mad about this that they could hardly march around J Fred after the game. It's ok for the people of Kingsport to go on with their lives today ,even with this great emarrassing thing hanging over us.Yes DB is small and not very strong at some spots on defense, but Watson is the best I've seen at making adjustments to help his team be in the right place to get it done.

boysfromsi,

You're right, that is a real shame if these two won't be playing. You expect kids to make some poor decisions along the way, but these two should know better, two battle tested experienced veterans and team leaders. That makes this an entirely different ballgame, as these are our best two lineman. I had Oak Ridge as a slight favorite, but take these two out and we could be in for a long night. I admire coach for benching his two best, if they screwed up, this is the way it has to be. I remember he suspended about 4 starters last year before William Blount for school related reasons. You have to do the right thing in this situation. What a shame.

That would be Adam Black. He made some incredible open field tackles to keep us in that game.

Btw, 2 of our better offensive and defensive linemen, Carson and Stewart will not be playing Friday night. They have been suspended for violating team rules. Very disappointed in this turn of events as our line play has been truly spectacular the first 2 games.

I don't think that will be a factor. DB's best two linemen are out with injury. Thats odd isn't it.