Dobyns Bennett v. Oak Ridge

srupley

boyfromsi,

Yeah...Adam Black...he had a great game...thanks for the assist...what are Black and Thompson doing now?

Roll Tribe Roll

I don't know what Daley Thompson is up to, but I believe the Adam Black is finishing up his college baseball career as a senior at Tennessee Tech. I will never forget the play against Riverdale in the Semi-Finals where he took out a pulling guard and Gaston Miller in one swift collision. Looking forward to a great game atmosphere at J. Fred, should be a great game! You should see a much improved Oak Ridge team this year.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Friday seems to be heading for a train wreck. First Kingsport loses two linemen, OR then loses two linemen for not adhering to the rules, now mother nature is looking like she is going to cloud up and rain all over this parade. But what the heck. It is still Friday night football at J. Fred with a whole lot of young men ready to play football and whole lotta fans who enjoy, don't get much better than that, except for it being at the 'Ship!

No, the embarrassing thing will be if DB's coaches walk off the field without shaking hands like 2 of them did against Knox B! Both of them left straight for the locker room. One is brand new, perhaps that is what he was taught when he played at UT. It reminds me of a couple of years ago when a DB player chastised another player on the side line for a bad pass. The fans see everything that happens down there and those 2 coaches were embarrassing for DB and this city. If OR runs any offense to the left side it will get ugly fast. LB and DB are too small and to weak. The LB gets planted 3/4 of the plays and they arm tackle. For it to be close DB has to be lucky (score other than offense) and OR stink it up (turnovers).

Send that new assistant coach to Ooltewah.. We'll gladly take the DB/UT stud cornerback...

I really hope the majority of DB grads and fans are not of the same opinion as some of the posters I have been reading. Has DB faithful all of a sudden turned into UT fairweather fans? All this year's team needs is the support from the fans and student body and they will be fine. I can't believe some of the remarks that some of the so called DB fans are posting on this board. The Tribe will be playing their best game of the season as they have all year long to this point. The only game I have seen is the Knox Bearden game, but from listening to the first two ball games it sounds like each week DB has been very much improved. Sometimes games seem to be out of the players hands, as I think was the case last week against Bearden. If you think Bearden didn't have a 12th man out there playing with them than I don't know what game you were watching. I am not making excuses for last weeks game, but I do believe that Bearden has a little something extra to play for this season with the passing of their coach this past summer. The Tribe will be jacked as always when they kick it off Friday night against the Ridge. When teams seem to be down that is when the fans and community should be rallying around them, not kicking them while they are down (Mr. Crazy). I am beginning to wonder if you ever went to Dobyns-Bennett in the first place Crazy. Anyway, get ready for a real slobber knocker of a game Friday, and I don't care what the critics say we still have one of the most brilliant offensive minds in the South coaching and CALLING plays for the Indians.

ROLL TRIBE.

No, the embarrassing thing will be if DB's coaches walk off the field without shaking hands like 2 of them did against Knox B! Both of them left straight for the locker room. One is brand new, perhaps that is what he was taught when he played at UT. It reminds me of a couple of years ago when a DB player chastised another player on the side line for a bad pass. The fans see everything that happens down there and those 2 coaches were embarrassing for DB and this city. If OR runs any offense to the left side it will get ugly fast. LB and DB are too small and to weak. The LB gets planted 3/4 of the plays and they arm tackle. For it to be close DB has to be lucky (score other than offense) and OR stink it up (turnovers).

I was watching the Bearden game from the endzone and if those coaches did as you said it was because they were hurting for their players, not because of poor sportsmanship. I watched as they tried to console those kids who just played their hearts out. And why criticize the defense as they have been the one bright spot this year. It wasn't defense that lost the last two games, it was the lack of offense. Why do you call yourself "Watchdog"? I think you're nothing more than a Sullivan South fan incogneto.

I really hope the majority of DB grads and fans are not of the same opinion as some of the posters I have been reading. Has DB faithful all of a sudden turned into UT fairweather fans? All this year's team needs is the support from the fans and student body and they will be fine. I can't believe some of the remarks that some of the so called DB fans are posting on this board. The Tribe will be playing their best game of the season as they have all year long to this point. The only game I have seen is the Knox Bearden game, but from listening to the first two ball games it sounds like each week DB has been very much improved. Sometimes games seem to be out of the players hands, as I think was the case last week against Bearden. If you think Bearden didn't have a 12th man out there playing with them than I don't know what game you were watching. I am not making excuses for last weeks game, but I do believe that Bearden has a little something extra to play for this season with the passing of their coach this past summer. The Tribe will be jacked as always when they kick it off Friday night against the Ridge. When teams seem to be down that is when the fans and community should be rallying around them, not kicking them while they are down (Mr. Crazy). I am beginning to wonder if you ever went to Dobyns-Bennett in the first place Crazy. Anyway, get ready for a real slobber knocker of a game Friday, and I don't care what the critics say we still have one of the most brilliant offensive minds in the South coaching and CALLING plays for the Indians.

ROLL TRIBE.

I'd say Crazy played at DB and if this years team won just a{ single }playoff game, it would upset him very much.

well guys all i know is that our ball game will be here in less than 48 hours and i am excited to get after those Wildcats with this great group of young men. These guys will be able to bring it together on offense, sooner or later. Seeing how the game is so close to being here hopefully sooner. If you no these kids they believe in each other and they have the athletic ability. If it don't happen this week then it will the week after. Once they start to play their weak conference ( besides a few other schools) then these guys will come together and make a pretty darn good offense and football team. Watch and see Watchdog.

ROLL TRIBE.

I agree completely!

The only ADDED comment I will make is to the fans--you are there to watch a game 'in support of your team' or 'in support of the band'. Why is it that from where I sit the ONLY CONSISTANT noise and support those guys and girls on the field see in the stands and hear, come from the student section?

I see a stadium FULL of DB fans and a SPORATIC FEW actually showing these kids support---I DO see LOTS and LOTS of socializing. Everyone does NOT stand for the school song (support for team and band), 'the walk' the Indians do I would 'THINK' that the supporters of the football team would at least stand for that....

Anyway just a little something for the REAL fans to really think about.

DBDAD i hope this years team makes the playoffs before they win a game in the playoffs. i would like for them to win a game in the playoffs. it would really help the fans who are in love with graham. and this years offense in never gonna be pretty darn good unless they play jeff co. or karns or campbell co. every week, yeah they could be good against them but so could this years freshman team. i understand that we need to be behind this years team but its just so hard to when i know there is not to much to look forward to. but dont get all mad at me cause im just tellin you guys the truth i have the whole time but all you guys want to hear is good stuff so i guess im the bad guy. i also wouldnt be to excited about this weeks game cause i think it will get very ugly in j fred.

This Friday seems to be heading for a train wreck. First Kingsport loses two linemen, OR then loses two linemen for not adhering to the rules, now mother nature is looking like she is going to cloud up and rain all over this parade. But what the heck. It is still Friday night football at J. Fred with a whole lot of young men ready to play football and whole lotta fans who enjoy, don't get much better than that, except for it being at the 'Ship!

DB's two injured offensive linemen are rounding back into form and may see some playing time this week. One actually played some last week. With an offense that has coughed, sputtered, and stalled, this is certainly encouraging news!

I have heard rumors that big #70 (385 lbs) may get an opportunity to play this week. He has good movement coming straight forward and may line up at a short yardage FB.

I agree completely!

The only ADDED comment I will make is to the fans--you are there to watch a game 'in support of your team' or 'in support of the band'. Why is it that from where I sit the ONLY CONSISTANT noise and support those guys and girls on the field see in the stands and hear, come from the student section?

I see a stadium FULL of DB fans and a SPORATIC FEW actually showing these kids support---I DO see LOTS and LOTS of socializing. Everyone does NOT stand for the school song (support for team and band), 'the walk' the Indians do I would 'THINK' that the supporters of the football team would at least stand for that....

Anyway just a little something for the REAL fans to really think about.

DB's fans at home are like country clubbers watching a tennis or polo match. Not sure if it is too many band parents and/or blue haired folks. In addition, the school's administration likes to keep the students under control, so they are not as loud as they'd like to be.

In addition, Many years ago, I remember folks making fun of an old guy that used to yell and shake cans filled with rocks because he loved DB football and his sons that played. They thought that he was strange, but perhaps he was the normal one.......