Dobyns Bennett v. Oak Ridge

srupley

DBDAD i hope this years team makes the playoffs before they win a game in the playoffs. i would like for them to win a game in the playoffs. it would really help the fans who are in love with graham. and this years offense in never gonna be pretty darn good unless they play jeff co. or karns or campbell co. every week, yeah they could be good against them but so could this years freshman team. i understand that we need to be behind this years team but its just so hard to when i know there is not to much to look forward to. but dont get all mad at me cause im just tellin you guys the truth i have the whole time but all you guys want to hear is good stuff so i guess im the bad guy. i also wouldnt be to excited about this weeks game cause i think it will get very ugly in j fred.

Everyone knew this was a hard road with very few key returners.When it counts the most is come playoff time, and I thank this team has the ability to make it and compete for a victory or two. You know all to well that winning it all is not a given,and I'm just telling the truth as well. I'll have to see my son's complete career at DB before I can give my feelings as to how he was treated under GC, so far it's been fair.I understand where you are coming from and I'm not mad,it happens sometimes that way. GC is the coach and I'll stand behind him .

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr.Crazy you are so fast to deem yourself the preacher of all knowledge...you need to remember that this team was, by ALL experts belief, not even supposed to be in these last two games. This bunch was not only in both games....but really should have won them. Before you claim to have a clue about this bunch of Indians and their Coach, you better consider that the reality is that we are only a 4th down conversion and a catch at the goal line away from 3-0! Complain bout whatever you like...size of the players...coaches...the way i see it The Tribe is more than a hand full and they are getting better every day. They will play hard Fri night and they might win or they might not. OR is pretty decent too if you haven't noticed. Either way, before you claim to be the bearer of truth, you might want to correctly state what the truth is. Yes I am a Graham fan, a Catfish fan, a Barrett Bingham Christian Burton Church Gaines & Holt fan. I am a fan of these kids and will not sit quietly and let you or anybody else mis-state the truth about this season. We are right there with the top teams in the state...and whether you are there or not, The Tribe will show up Friday night, prepared, coached up and ready. OR may win, but they better strap it on!

Sick of reading these nay sayers...talk like we are hapless. Geeze we toe to toe with two of the top teams in the State.

This Friday seems to be heading for a train wreck. First Kingsport loses two linemen, OR then loses two linemen for not adhering to the rules, now mother nature is looking like she is going to cloud up and rain all over this parade. But what the heck. It is still Friday night football at J. Fred with a whole lot of young men ready to play football and whole lotta fans who enjoy, don't get much better than that, except for it being at the 'Ship!

oakridgesports.com is showing the probable starting lineup to include Stewart and Carson. This was posted 7:30 Wednesday night. Generally I have found the line up to be accurate even when there were reports in the Oak Ridger saying that certain players were doubtful due to injury (i.e. Coffey, Rodgers, Kirkpatrick a couple of weeks ago.) How sure are we that Stewart and Carson are suspended and won't play against DB?

I talked about the suspension with one of their fellow linemen. My Oak Ridge students were talking about it at church last night. However, that is the extent to which I know about it. I do not know if it is a full-game or partial game suspension. I did not get to see "Crunch Time" last night. Any Oak Ridgers see the program last night? I have seen the same lineups as well.

DB's fans at home are like country clubbers watching a tennis or polo match. Not sure if it is too many band parents and/or blue haired folks. In addition, the school's administration likes to keep the students under control, so they are not as loud as they'd like to be.

In addition, Many years ago, I remember folks making fun of an old guy that used to yell and shake cans filled with rocks because he loved DB football and his sons that played. They thought that he was strange, but perhaps he was the normal one.......

To add to that....when the band gets a bigger ovation for just walking down to get ready for the halftime show than the defense can get on a crucial play (even when the players are flapping there arms off!) then there is something wrong. Don't get me wrong, I think this is the best band in the state and they deserve all the accolades they get but Friday Night Lights aint about a tuba player

Man You all sound more and more like us Ridgers last year. As for players flapping their arms, I have always thought, if they will do their part, the fans will do theirs. Then all that flapping wouldn't be necessary.

I wish for a safe game with no injuries on either team. And being a little bit selfish a win for Oak Ridge. Cause after a loss it sure is a miserable drive back from Kingsport.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

To add to that....when the band gets a bigger ovation for just walking down to get ready for the halftime show than the defense can get on a crucial play (even when the players are flapping there arms off!) then there is something wrong. Don't get me wrong, I think this is the best band in the state and they deserve all the accolades they get but Friday Night Lights aint about a tuba player

I'm a football parent,but the band parents do have us 4 to 1 and the ones I seen were not there to video the football game. I understand that,cause I'm not going to video the band every friday. I'll enjoy the band, but like a lot of band parents,I'm more into what my son is doing. If nobody around me makes any sound but myself during the football game,I don't care.I know a little more about the game then the people around me, so maybe I will rub off on them and they can teach me stuff about the band besides how good I thank they sound every week.

The band is good to add to the Friday Night atmosphere but it ain't about the band. If it were, we would be paying to see a concert with a little football threw in while the band took a break.

Don't mean no disrespect, but who can tell me who the number one tuba player was for the DB band in 2003?

Nobody can , except his/her parents. As long as the band knows their place I enjoy the performance, but don't be late getting on or off the field and delay the game for crying out loud, sit down and blow your horn and it's all good.

As far as the game this week.

Indians win big. Oak Ridge is gonna get spanked at J Fred tomorrow night. Tribe 31 The Ridge 6.

What's cookin' for the pregame? I bet it's Wildcat Stew!!!!!

darkhorse db 31 ridge 6 are you serious? db has only scored like 38 or so points all year and they will def. not put up 31 on the ridge maybe karns or somebody like that but not the ridge. im not really sure if db will even make the playoffs cause we cant win close games i dont care if we have played "2 of the best teams in the state" the only people that have really played is the defense. WE HAVE NO OFFENSE. its gonna get realy ugly in j fred and the ridge will go home real happy. and i know when i played i didnt care about the band except for the walk and when we scored. the band parents need to stop coming to the games if they arent gonna cheer for the football team. they can just wait till they have concerts to just sit there and do nothing.

Wildcats and fans I hope this is the game we have been waiting for this year.We may be down but we are not dead.Last year with all the smoke and flashing lights,trying to wait us out going on the field first was exciting.I know the ridge is strong this year,but DB is just starting to jell.This will be another barn burner.I do beleive that DB coaches have come together this week to make this game a wake up call to non-believers.Have a safe trip to Kgspt. and back.Welcome to our House. No smoking mirrors,no flashing lights,just alot of tradition.