Questions about a changing of the guard

panther14

OK, 1st off I'm not complaining, but how does one go about trying to get an administrator to make a change in the head coach's position in HS basketball? Again, I'm not being mean or anything, but when after a number of years, and your program does not increase in wins, why doesn't an admin, take the hint and make a change? The coach as a person is great, but is not getting the job done, does anyone have any ideas on how this should be accomplished...? Again, I'm not one to trash talk, never will, but it's high time something is done, if you want to PM me, please do, otherwise anyone have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

First off, how many wins are you talking about. Everyone's situation is unique. I just came from a school where the head coach went 32-5 (or something like that) and because he didn't make the state tournament, the "fans" weren't happy. It doesn't matter that he was turning out well-respected young men. The admin may not be making a change because the coach is still filling seats, which, let's be real, is important. He may also be an outstanding coach/teacher/person that is filling the halls of the school with quality human beings. I know some "winners" that I wouldn't want teaching my dog how to fetch let alone my son or daughter.

However, to really answer your question....when the big money boosters want a change, that change usually happens. Especially if the program is stagnant and could use a change.