Smith County Fans

Shay64

Can anyone tell me what happened to Jacob Bass? I watched him in several games last year and he seemed like the "real deal" and very talented. Did he get recruited by any colleges? Where did he go?

Thanks!!

Jacob got recruited by several small schools. He opted to try and walk on at TTU. That is where he really wanted to play. He did not make the cut of walk-ons. He is going to school at TTU and is thinking about walking on for the baseball team.

Jacob was a very talented high school football player!!!!!

Bass was a great player in high school like scpride says. It's funny how it works. I don't know what the key ingredient is for sure for colleges. Sometimes a player that you think can't play ball at the next level, turns out to be a solid contributor at a small school, then other times, a player that you think would have no problem playing at the college level, doesn't seem to fit the mold. As far as Bass in my opinion, I think he could play at a small school, but like I said, it's funny sometimes. I hope he gets his opportunity.

Bass was a great player in high school like scpride says. It's funny how it works. I don't know what the key ingredient is for sure for colleges. Sometimes a player that you think can't play ball at the next level, turns out to be a solid contributor at a small school, then other times, a player that you think would have no problem playing at the college level, doesn't seem to fit the mold. As far as Bass in my opinion, I think he could play at a small school, but like I said, it's funny sometimes. I hope he gets his opportunity.

I agree. Bass was a great player at SC. Many reasons why someone does or

or doesn't make it on another level. A running back may just not fit into the style

of offense they run, and might do well in another. Hope he does well wherever

he goes.