Are you serious?

pnthrsroc07

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I combined the best times of USJC, DL, FRA, Macon County, and MLK from steeple this year and put them in a head to head to head to head matchup. Of course FRA is the only team to run both TN classic and AF Bridges, so I took each varsity runner's best time from the Steeplechase course.

It comes out:

Lipscomb

MLK

USJC

FRA

Macon County

Macon County will play a huge role whether or not they win because they will take away spots that everyone else needs dearly. As usual, you are only as strong as your 5th runner, and USJC, FRA, and MC all have a 5th runner at or above 19 mins. Those times will go down I'm sure. What kills MC is that their 4th runner is the same speed as their 5th, unlike USJC and FRA where the margin between the 4 and 5 runners is 38 seconds and 69 seconds respectively.

Quick edit: DL and MLK are 1 point apart and USJC and FRA are 1 point apart. This truly is the closest I've seen of a state meet race ever.

those usjc times must be misleading though. the other teams got their best times during races where the conditions were much better. i would be surprised if at state usjc didnt drop 15 seconds from those steeplechase times at af.

I don't disagree with you on that point, but I also think that this shows that Steeple is a harder course than the one in SC where they absolutely owned.

I combined the best times of USJC, DL, FRA, Macon County, and MLK from steeple this year and put them in a head to head to head to head matchup. Of course FRA is the only team to run both TN classic and AF Bridges, so I took each varsity runner's best time from the Steeplechase course.

It comes out:

Lipscomb

MLK

USJC

FRA

Macon County

Macon County will play a huge role whether or not they win because they will take away spots that everyone else needs dearly. As usual, you are only as strong as your 5th runner, and USJC, FRA, and MC all have a 5th runner at or above 19 mins. Those times will go down I'm sure. What kills MC is that their 4th runner is the same speed as their 5th, unlike USJC and FRA where the margin between the 4 and 5 runners is 38 seconds and 69 seconds respectively.

Quick edit: DL and MLK are 1 point apart and USJC and FRA are 1 point apart. This truly is the closest I've seen of a state meet race ever.

what does the list look like? the team scores and the individual's order