Top Players in Tennessee

mjuhb

Courtney Suttles FWD

Tiffany Miles MF

Deborah Huddleston DEF

all from Seymour are great players and only sophmores

Yep, that was one I was trying to think of, Courtney Suttles. I don't know the other two.

Don't know if this counts, but I did see a thread earlier that mentioned a player that was not playing HS this fall. Jenna Mays / GK she is a freshman but playing volleyball for Powell.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, that was one I was trying to think of, Courtney Suttles. I don't know the other two.

Don't know if this counts, but I did see a thread earlier that mentioned a player that was not playing HS this fall. Jenna Mays / GK she is a freshman but playing volleyball for Powell.

I am A BIG FAN of mjuhb. his opinions have really made me see some games and players differently. I must ask some questions, the list is compossed of the top players in the state, including club, HS, ODP ETC. Out of this list can you tell me who is most likely to succeed in soccer past High School ? Past College ? Past Club? Past ODP? Any predictions?

if those two players are still playing club i will put them back in

plus with the girl that doesn't exist from father ryan was omitted so there's 3 open spots

How about Erika Lauderdale as Keeper. At 6' 1' she is a dominate force in goal. she was the starting keeper for MFC 89 Girls this past season. Her backup was Savannah Self that you have on your List. She also made the TACA List in 2005 as a sophmore. She is a Senior for Arlington. She played in 2005 for Cordova High School. I know you have never seen her play but if you talk to any teams that have played against her they remember her. Thanks for any consideration.

Like most all, I come on here and read, with great anticipation, the posts of knowledable soccer heads like mjuhb. I hope that my own "star" would be on the list, but she is not, and I posted and erase several times today wondering if I am motivated to say something because I think she should be there. But I'm her dad and am disqualified from evaluating- obviously I think she should be at the top of every list...

And then I think, is she better than Megan Satterfield? (on the list) or Claire Duncan? (not on the list) probably not... but she's known them all and played with a bunch of them and I can't say who belongs on mjuhb's list.

usually, when someone complains, it's put up here; "hey, make your own list"....

So I will.

Here's the list of the top 50 girls whose parents buy the uniforms, have coaches that work free and drive the bus, play on teams that hope for 500 and maybe 3rd in a district and region governed by powerhouse AAA publics or A/AA privates. The girls on my list can't play club, they have to work. They don't go to tournaments, they pay their own car insurance. They learned the game from AYSO in hay fields, with football dads that didn't know any more than them.

It's a simple game for common people that requires no expensive equipment and sometimes, with the "90 this team" and the "92 that team" and the "ODP alt pool"; it just all sounds so "exclusive".

well, that's my two cents for friday, it's raining like heck and I gotta go cancel my practice...

Here's the list of the top 50 girls whose parents buy the uniforms, have coaches that work free and drive the bus, play on teams that hope for 500 and maybe 3rd in a district and region governed by powerhouse AAA publics or A/AA privates. The girls on my list can't play club, they have to work. They don't go to tournaments, they pay their own car insurance. They learned the game from AYSO in hay fields, with football dads that didn't know any more than them.

Chindit, while I don't think it is as exclusive as you think, I really do respect what you said in this post. Sometimes we get so into our pedigree, that we forget about the whole game on the broad spectrum. I enjoyed reading your post. Very well stated and thought out.

Where do you coach?

mjuhb, some of the positions listed here are from club ball, here is what they play in high school:

listed as

MF #68 Casey Finnell plays D

MF #69 Jordan Middleton plays D

MF # 13 Kris Cambron plays F

MF #15 Carey Leiper plays F

F #35 Grace Milner plays MF

F # 26 Darcy Brannen plays MF

Thanks for the list.

[

I concur, i'am sure most of the girls on your list have the potential to be as good as the players mentioned in the top players in tennessee list! Its a shame they don't have the same opportunity as some do.

Yea Chindik! Excellent post...but be careful with the A/AA privates!! Didn't a small town team near you make it to State last year?? I know, that's for the public/private board and I don't want to be accused of baiting. What's the story behind Chindik anyway??!! And, I agree...your daughter could easily be on the list!!

Big G- Coachin' wise...today, I was at the SMSC tournament with some younger guys; besides them I've been refereeing the last 2 years or so. It's one of the worst kept secrets on Coach T since I put my name and photo in my profile, but I coached 7 yrs in JUCO (jr college).

Thanks for the high fives Superdog; correct- one small town team with 3 big time club players ana lots hard work made it into sub-state one year. I don't think that cracks my premise, in fact, that's the reason the girls I'm talking about keep showing up; they will never beat "Christian Academy" (I made that up) but they might beat Ridgeville High...

In 1943 a brigadere of Royal Artillery, Orde Wingate convinced General Wavell, comander of the all British forces in the Far East and his superior Lord Montbatten that he could operate a large intervention force behind the Japanese lines. He took 3000, mostly Sieks, Gurkas and Burmese but some Black Watch and some of Her Majesty's Guard (Regulars) and went into Burma. They blew up railroads, etc. fpr a year loosing 1/3 of the force mostly to disease. They were not able to carry wounded with them because of the speed they moved; remember the movie Bridge over the River Kwai? The story was taken from this . The Expedition was known as the 1st Chindit expedition. There was a second- I'm a student of the Wars and found this little chapter many years ago, liked the name and kept it.