Dobyns Bennett @ Jefferson County

srupley

Also missing reading the option????? Like in that 3rd and 6 play late in the 2nd half when the fullback dive was wide wide open but #7 keeps it, gets drilled for a loss and we're punting again. Dont get a chance to see the film but im sure GC flipped out when he saw that cause i know me and every1 sitting around me saw that the dive was clearly open for 15 yrds and a big FIRST DOWN!!

Titan.

You and WACK-OFF BOTH need to get off the pipe. I do agree with your asessment of reading plays, but the G /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> C I know will not play a premadona overa senior.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your RB is average against DB in the past and it would be a really big embarrassment to lose you jeff co since they havent been good in a few years. and waco i know more about this group of guys than you cause i played with them. and chris wont be the best his hype is more than his game. he got drilled in the jv freshman scrimmage earlier this year and hes not been puttin up big games like he did at sevier i mean the freshman team only beat BOONE 6 to 0 thats pretty weak.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

You know, DB/Jeff Co threads are usually fun, at least they were until you signed up. WaCo can tell you of the golden age of myself, bud and the legendary ArtVanderlay prognosticating. But you my friend are an idiot plain and simple.

If you played I'm sure you did a fine job of continuing the legacy of DB teams that were chronic underachievers. This years team may not be as strong as DB teams in the past but if they aren't at least they are showing it now instead of folding up their teepees and heading home when playoff time came around.

Coach Clark is a good coach, it's really unbelievable how he is getting trashed. With all the coaching instability in the region DB should be happy to have him and not so quick to jump ship. Look at how many kids DB has at the next level playing on Saturdays and I think you will realize your coach needs more credit and respect. I guarantee you there is 50 times more former DB footballers with hangovers Saturdays than there are with shoulder pads.

Some of the DB fans sound like people calling in on Vol Calls when they have had too much of the Kool-Aid.

Just remember, no one complains about the play calling when it works!

You know, DB/Jeff Co threads are usually fun, at least they were until you signed up. WaCo can tell you of the golden age of myself, bud and the legendary ArtVanderlay prognosticating. But you my friend are an idiot plain and simple.

If you played I'm sure you did a fine job of continuing the legacy of DB teams that were chronic underachievers. This years team may not be as strong as DB teams in the past but if they aren't at least they are showing it now instead of folding up their teepees and heading home when playoff time came around.

Coach Clark is a good coach, it's really unbelievable how he is getting trashed. With all the coaching instability in the region DB should be happy to have him and not so quick to jump ship. Look at how many kids DB has at the next level playing on Saturdays and I think you will realize your coach needs more credit and respect. I guarantee you there is 50 times more former DB footballers with hangovers Saturdays than there are with shoulder pads.

Some of the DB fans sound like people calling in on Vol Calls when they have had too much of the Kool-Aid.

Just remember, no one complains about the play calling when it works!

I'll agree with a lot of what you said.However,I can understand people making a lot of statments when the coach himself says he could do a better job calling plays.He is just trying to shift some of the blame.We have had from play calling to people not catching the ball{wb} in others and special teams mess ups in yet others..We are getting tired in the 4th quarter and must get some other 11th and 12th graders into the mix.We can use the best athletes from the jv to mix in on the special teams.If we don't win over the next few weeks and get better as I think we will on offense,then coach may have something to worry about.Remember the teams we have just played ,but that will not wash if we don't use it to get better.I look forward to some big tribe victories coming up and think we have a fine bunch of coaches and players. Roll tribe

I'll agree with a lot of what you said.However,I can understand people making a lot of statments when the coach himself says he could do a better job calling plays.He is just trying to shift some of the blame.We have had from play calling to people not catching the ball{wb} in others and special teams mess ups in yet others..We are getting tired in the 4th quarter and must get some other 11th and 12th graders into the mix.We can use the best athletes from the jv to mix in on the special teams.If we don't win over the next few weeks and get better as I think we will on offense,then coach may have something to worry about.Remember the teams we have just played ,but that will not wash if we don't use it to get better.I look forward to some big tribe victories coming up and think we have a fine bunch of coaches and players. Roll tribe

Saying that a player missread an option play(that should not have been called in the first place) is indeed trying to shift the blame.How can a player have respect for a coach to does that? but He is from KGSP. and we must look over it.DBDAD give it up.GC is not going to your kid if he is an underclassman.Just sit back and enjoy the ride like everybody else had to.I am surprised that #47 is playing so much.His Dad must know one of the coaches or something not that he is not good,but B.B.that went to North because of playing behind him is better IMO.Don't blame the players GC.One play isn't the whole ballgame.

Saying that a player missread an option play(that should not have been called in the first place) is indeed trying to shift the blame.How can a player have respect for a coach to does that? but He is from KGSP. and we must look over it.DBDAD give it up.GC is not going to your kid if he is an underclassman.Just sit back and enjoy the ride like everybody else had to.I am surprised that #47 is playing so much.His Dad must know one of the coaches or something not that he is not good,but B.B.that went to North because of playing behind him is better IMO.Don't blame the players GC.One play isn't the whole ballgame.

Chris Sensabagh just moved up. He should move into 47's spot soon, 18 and 33 are seniors and good linebackers,and I agree everyone should wait their turn unless a special kid comes along like CS.I just don't think b.b would have played because of other reasons .

Titan.

You and WACK-OFF BOTH need to get off the pipe. I do agree with your asessment of reading plays, but the G /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> C I know will not play a premadona overa senior.

Are you from Johnson City or are you just trying out for the Mo-Ron of the week award?

chris wont be the best sensabaugh to go through DB. i think he will be good but you would be good to if you were a year older than everybody you played against. and it doesnt matter if we could have won those games cause we didnt. we arent gonna win another game if graham doesnt change the offense cause they cant do anything. and JC hasnt given us a good game in awhile

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

So Eric Ainge should be better than Tim Tebow since he is 2 years older....how did that work out? I don't think 1 year is going to make much of a difference if they can't play....I think he is good simply because he is a great athlete. Using your (il)logic, the G man should be able to get out there and strap on the helmet and be better because he is like 40 years older than these kids? Please. Give the kid a break on that issue...I'm sure he's not the only kid older than his classmates.

By the way, you claim to be a former player but I'm just curious why you are always on here calling these kids out? When did you "play"?

So Eric Ainge should be better than Tim Tebow since he is 2 years older....how did that work out? I don't think 1 year is going to make much of a difference if they can't play....I think he is good simply because he is a great athlete. Using your (il)logic, the G man should be able to get out there and strap on the helmet and be better because he is like 40 years older than these kids? Please. Give the kid a break on that issue...I'm sure he's not the only kid older than his classmates.

By the way, you claim to be a former player but I'm just curious why you are always on here calling these kids out? When did you "play"?

You have to know that if he played it was in the last year or two,and unlike many of his team members,he can't move on with the facts of what happened. It's this years players that are working their butts off and trying to get better.It's this years team that has to overcome a lot of things and try to make the playoffs,and it's this years team that he hopes will not win that playoff game. What do you call that.

You have to know that if he played it was in the last year or two,and unlike many of his team members,he can't move on with the facts of what happened. It's this years players that are working their butts off and trying to get better.It's this years team that has to overcome a lot of things and try to make the playoffs,and it's this years team that he hopes will not win that playoff game. What do you call that.

I call that the fact that the great athletes off the team the last few years used there experience as a beginning (CS at Clemson, Kilgore/Thompson @ ASU, Pappas @ Yale, etc) instead of looking at there time in the program as there finest our (i.e. crazy). I for one am guilty of putting too much of myself into the ups/downs of the Tribe success on the field, but I have also learned in the last few years to enjoy seeing the kids such as Powell, Henry, Gaines (Teddy and Dustin), Sensabaugh (Coty and Gerald), Butler, Forbush, Tritapoe, Duran, Hayes, Moten, Peeler, Ghee, Throp, etc. succeed at the next level, in life as well as in football. Do I think there should be at least one trophy sitting in the case for a football championship in the last few years? Most definately..but I also know the 2000 team was within a whisker of #5 Nationally ranked and Gerald Riggs led Red Bank (who went out and spanked Riverdale the next week in the title game) and they dominated a Riverdale team on there field in '02 in the semis only to lose on a botched punt. Do I question calls such as the late game goaline antics in the playoffs last year against WB? Of course. Do I scratch my head that a school the size of DB with 100+ kids suiting up on Friday nights can't groom skilled players to step in and take over for the likes of Bo, Throp, Coty, and such? Sure. I can't figure out how there are 2 top level QBs up on Pactolus and speed to boot and DB can't seem to find speed to get outside. But, these are 16,17,18 year old kids and as for GC, I have spoken to several players/coaches/fans from other schools that attest to his class. I know for a fact that he contacted McFall last year after he got hurt in the DB game. I know he has made cotacts for kids in the area that DID NOT even play for DB in attempts to help them get scholarships. I love this program and the atmosphere of Friday night, but these are kids and life is about more than trophies. JMO.

As far as the game...I have no prediction. DB has no offensive punch in the games I have seen (although they have shown signs of life in spurts) and I can't figure JC out, beating both Morristown teams and yet getting beat by Campbell County (head scratch). I can't really figure out what to make of this season.

As far as the game...I have no prediction. DB has no offensive punch in the games I have seen (although they have shown signs of life in spurts) and I can't figure JC out, beating both Morristown teams and yet getting beat by Campbell County (head scratch). I can't really figure out what to make of this season.

It was 11 against 15. Plain and simple.

I call that the fact that the great athletes off the team the last few years used there experience as a beginning (CS at Clemson, Kilgore/Thompson @ ASU, Pappas @ Yale, etc) instead of looking at there time in the program as there finest our (i.e. crazy). I for one am guilty of putting too much of myself into the ups/downs of the Tribe success on the field, but I have also learned in the last few years to enjoy seeing the kids such as Powell, Henry, Gaines (Teddy and Dustin), Sensabaugh (Coty and Gerald), Butler, Forbush, Tritapoe, Duran, Hayes, Moten, Peeler, Ghee, Throp, etc. succeed at the next level, in life as well as in football. Do I think there should be at least one trophy sitting in the case for a football championship in the last few years? Most definately..but I also know the 2000 team was within a whisker of #5 Nationally ranked and Gerald Riggs led Red Bank (who went out and spanked Riverdale the next week in the title game) and they dominated a Riverdale team on there field in '02 in the semis only to lose on a botched punt. Do I question calls such as the late game goaline antics in the playoffs last year against WB? Of course. Do I scratch my head that a school the size of DB with 100+ kids suiting up on Friday nights can't groom skilled players to step in and take over for the likes of Bo, Throp, Coty, and such? Sure. I can't figure out how there are 2 top level QBs up on Pactolus and speed to boot and DB can't seem to find speed to get outside. But, these are 16,17,18 year old kids and as for GC, I have spoken to several players/coaches/fans from other schools that attest to his class. I know for a fact that he contacted McFall last year after he got hurt in the DB game. I know he has made cotacts for kids in the area that DID NOT even play for DB in attempts to help them get scholarships. I love this program and the atmosphere of Friday night, but these are kids and life is about more than trophies. JMO.

It's good to see other people on here that are still sticking up for the program and the coaches. I thought I was the only one.