Franklin at JP2

Ooltewah vs Brentwood Academy at Siegel

CCS at Siegel

Beech at Tullahoma

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On A/AA rankings, saw that FRA moved into #1 with ND falling to #2. I see that FRA is undefeated, with ND having two losses, but Notre Dame's only losses have been against Franklin (#2 in AAA, and #2 overall), and Baylor (#1 in D2, and #3 overall). FRA is undefeated, but doesn't appear to have played the same level of talent (yet). They will face three common opponents in the next 2 weeks - Franklin, Brentwood, and Hendersonville. Things should be more clear then. Of course, the real test might not be until 10/31-11/3.

On A/AA rankings, saw that FRA moved into #1 with ND falling to #2. I see that FRA is undefeated, with ND having two losses, but Notre Dame's only losses have been against Franklin (#2 in AAA, and #2 overall), and Baylor (#1 in D2, and #3 overall). FRA is undefeated, but doesn't appear to have played the same level of talent (yet). They will face three common opponents in the next 2 weeks - Franklin, Brentwood, and Hendersonville. Things should be more clear then. Of course, the real test might not bee until 10/31-11/3.

forshadowing?

forshadowing?

Perhaps. My point at the end was most team's schedules up to this point don't really matter, except getting them ready for a run in the playoffs. Prior to that, it just about bragging points and brownie points. Of course, everybody likes to see their team's hard work reflected in a high ranking. You can be ranked #1, but unless you can win your games at the end of the season, it really doesn't matter.

Mjuhb, I also think it is fun looking at the rankings you come up with. I hate that Harpeth Hall is not going to be the team that they should be this year. But you have them about where they should be right now. Since the coaches are gone, and they have a whole new coaching staff it is going to be tough on them. They still have a lot of young talent over there, and should be winning some games, even with the tough schedule we have. But it is possible they will not win a game this year.

Perhaps. My point at the end was most team's schedules up to this point don't really matter, except getting them ready for a run in the playoffs. Prior to that, it just about bragging points and brownie points. Of course, everybody likes to see their team's hard work reflected in a high ranking. You can be ranked #1, but unless you can win your games at the end of the season, it really doesn't matter.

To your point...I think the only real ranking that FRA cares about is the one after the state tournament...as for comparing the two teams I think it is similar to last year. FRA has some top notch talent and can play with anyone, but Notre Dame is definately a larger and deeper team....last year I felt that ND's depth won out....we'll see how this year plays out....or if they get knocked off prior to meeting???

To your point...I think the only real ranking that FRA cares about is the one after the state tournament...as for comparing the two teams I think it is similar to last year. FRA has some top notch talent and can play with anyone, but Notre Dame is definately a larger and deeper team....last year I felt that ND's depth won out....we'll see how this year plays out....or if they get knocked off prior to meeting???

Agreed.

Saw some of FRA vs. CCS game, and FRA looked good. I wouldn't mind seeing another FRA vs. Notre Dame game like last year, definitely one of the best games (especially with the crowd) in girl's soccer I've ever seen. Hopefully, this year, if it occurs, it won't be in a quarter final game.

Flash, btw, haven't seen you much on the boards this year (I think). Good to see you posting again.