Rankings Week 5

mjuhb

On A/AA rankings, saw that FRA moved into #1 with ND falling to #2. I see that FRA is undefeated, with ND having two losses, but Notre Dame's only losses have been against Franklin (#2 in AAA, and #2 overall), and Baylor (#1 in D2, and #3 overall). FRA is undefeated, but doesn't appear to have played the same level of talent (yet). They will face three common opponents in the next 2 weeks - Franklin, Brentwood, and Hendersonville. Things should be more clear then. Of course, the real test might not be until 10/31-11/3.

Did CCS not just tie ND 0-0. FRA had a solid 2-0 win at their home field at the CCS tourney. However, it will hopefully be decided in the weeks to come on the field.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think CCS, ND, and FRA are all pretty good (not to mention CAK who I have not seen)....odds are that if they played 3 games against each other none of them would win all 3???? That makes "state" all the tougher with a 1 and done format!

CAK can beat all three and are more tested but if they get rattled they are awful young to try and bounce back but they out of the teams you mentioned are the only ones i see being able to do so

CAK can beat all three and are more tested but if they get rattled they are awful young to try and bounce back but they out of the teams you mentioned are the only ones i see being able to do so

Are you saying that between CCS, Notre Dame, FRA and CAK that CAK is the only one able to win state? If so, CAK must be much stronger this year that I thought.

Are you saying that between CCS, Notre Dame, FRA and CAK that CAK is the only one able to win state? If so, CAK must be much stronger this year that I thought.

no i think they are the only one who could go 3-0 in a stretch run at least that is how i understood it but no those four are probably pretty good picks and my favorite right now is CAK

no i think they are the only one who could go 3-0 in a stretch run at least that is how i understood it but no those four are probably pretty good picks and my favorite right now is CAK

Notre Dame and FRA could go on 3-0 stretch run as well. They are both well coached and have good players. On the right momentum most well coached teams, once at state, can make that run.

I'm with you, but it depends on what CAK team shows up... I have seen them play some amazing soccer, and then moments of ????

I'm with you, but it depends on what CAK team shows up... I have seen them play some amazing soccer, and then moments of ????

That comment probably applies to many teams. As a parent/fan, it can be frustrating to see a team play so well against a very strong opponent, and then struggle against a team that seemingly is of lesser talent/ability. That variation also applies to your opponents. They might be up against you, but down for another game. I guess that is why we play the games on the field instead of here on CoachT.

that really wasn't my point .....I think any of them might and will possibly need to go on a 3-0 run.....my point is that all 4 of these teams are so close that I doubt that any one of them could play any of the others and sweep them 3 games. We all know soccer and close teams are subject to so many variables.....injury, PK, bad calls, missed offsides, etc. can swing a win for any of these against the other!

seeding the top 4 or 8 teams would be good for the playoffs....maybe not good for the publics...at least in AA/A

I know we can't do it but seeding the teams into the playoffs and then some sort of 2 loss requirement to out you from the tournament would be an interesting format....having 2 great teams beat each other up in the quarter and then have a weaker team knock them out when they are worn down does not necessarily give you the "best team" but the format is what it is......so the best we can hope for is the TSSAA gets the best teams bracketed to meet later rather than early????