Seymour vs. Rutledge

EaglesHog

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets start by saying I think that it will be a little different than last year. Seymour has too much talent and experience for Rutledge.Dont get me wrong, Rutledge has a pretty good team,they re pretty big and strong. but they dont have any weapons.It will be hard to break big plays on seymour without any really fast offensive weapons. and those big plays are wat hurts seymour every year.I say Seymour by 2 Touchdowns.At least . I look for Seymour to dominate region 1 teams.

lets start by saying I think that it will be a little different than last year. Seymour has too much talent and experience for Rutledge.Dont get me wrong, Rutledge has a pretty good team,they re pretty big and strong. but they dont have any weapons.It will be hard to break big plays on seymour without any really fast offensive weapons. and those big plays are wat hurts seymour every year.I say Seymour by 2 Touchdowns.At least . I look for Seymour to dominate region 1 teams.

If Seymour wins this game I think it will be a lot closer than you think.

I say 5 points or less.

I saw Seymour for the first time this past week against S-D. They made a pretty good impression. Good size, good speed, excellent kicker (should have let him try that late opportunity), strong backs (#47 good WOW factor), tough defense (#17, #1, #44, #47, #3) w/ athletic players,......

Rutledge, unless I'm way off base, is going to have their hands full! I promise.

Could someone from Seymour overview the Eagles LB's? I'm particularly impressed with #47, #38, #44, #1. I'm sure one of them might be a DE, but with so much movement in their Defense sometimes it was hard to tell what they played. These were all good players and I was just curious as to their class, prospects (college), and stats of interest. Thanks!

Kaz

Could someone from Seymour overview the Eagles LB's? I'm particularly impressed with #47, #38, #44, #1. I'm sure one of them might be a DE, but with so much movement in their Defense sometimes it was hard to tell what they played. These were all good players and I was just curious as to their class, prospects (college), and stats of interest. Thanks!

Kaz

#1 is a senior DE and TE. Great kid very hard worker

#38 is a junior RB and I think LB. He is lightning quick and a great athlete.

#47 is a junior DE and RB. If you've seen him play, then I can't explain it any better than what you've seen. He is an unbelievable athlete.

#44 is a sophomore TE and LB. This kid is going to be a stud by the time he's a senior. I am very proud of him. Great kid!

I don't know about offers, but I would be curious also if anyone knows of any interest toward anyone from Seymour.

I have stated on previous posts that this is Seymour's year to shine, and so far they have not disappointed. This game is a showdown between two of the top teams in Region 1 and it should be a physical one. Rutledge is coming into the game 2-1, wins against PF and South Greene, the loss against Cherokee. Seymour is coming in with 3 wins, against Heritage, Cocke Co., and South-Doyle. I think that Seymour has played the tougher schedule so far, but I don't think that that has much to do with Friday night. Rutledge has found the offense since the first game shutout, scoring 77 points in the last two games. I think that this is a huge plus for the Pioneers, if they can control the ball and keep the offense on the field, the ball is not in Seymour's QB's hands...this is a good thing for Rutledge. I feel that IF, big if, Rutledge can control the ball and limit turnovers, they have a good chance to win. However, if the Seymour defense plays happy and Ogle has the ball in his hands too much, Seymour may win by a couple of scores. I will say that Seymour wins, but only because they have the ball last. Seymour win 35-27.