Small Mike asked to leave UT media day

Solomon

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2007/sep/19...eave-media-day/

I got to hand it to the guy. From renegade talk show caller to this. He's even got his own show on Saturday mornings he co-hosts in Knoxville now.

I figured some of you sports talk junkies would get a kick out of it.

Not at all surprising. The post-game call-in show after the Florida game was sickening. Kesling and crew repeatedly defended the coaching staff by saying it was just lack of "execution" by the players. "We don't have any leaders on the team" blah blah blah. I believe this to be partly true, BUT it is the players that the coaches recruited that aren't executing or leading. Fulmer is dug in pretty good up on the hill and unless we go 4-8 nothing is going to change.

Not at all surprising. The post-game call-in show after the Florida game was sickening. Kesling and crew repeatedly defended the coaching staff by saying it was just lack of "execution" by the players. "We don't have any leaders on the team" blah blah blah. I believe this to be partly true, BUT it is the players that the coaches recruited that aren't executing or leading. Fulmer is dug in pretty good up on the hill and unless we go 4-8 nothing is going to change.

I got no problem with UT kicking him out. He didn't have a media pass. Apparently he was going to try to get one today.

True though, the sports info department at UT is doing their best to try to skew everything they can. But, I have spoken with a lot of folks who were finished being convinced Saturday.

At first I said that Mississippi State would be Fulmer's Waterloo and that we would get upset in Starkville and drop to 2-4. Now that they have their upset win over Auburn, I'm moving it back a couple of weeks. It will all hit after what game? The same team that got Johnny, and Fulmer's nemesis....the Spurrier lead Gamecocks. It is just too fitting.

I got no problem with UT kicking him out. He didn't have a media pass. Apparently he was going to try to get one today.

True though, the sports info department at UT is doing their best to try to skew everything they can. But, I have spoken with a lot of folks who were finished being convinced Saturday.

At first I said that Mississippi State would be Fulmer's Waterloo and that we would get upset in Starkville and drop to 2-4. Now that they have their upset win over Auburn, I'm moving it back a couple of weeks. It will all hit after what game? The same team that got Johnny, and Fulmer's nemesis....the Spurrier lead Gamecocks. It is just too fitting.

I will never forget that fall saturday. Didn't every Vol on the field touch that SC player as he scored the go ahead TD? I thought it was time for Coach Majors to go then, just like I think it's time for Fulmer to go now. At least Major's coaching show was entertaining, he was a funny guy when they would review the game film. He would get excited and start talking loud like he was seeing it for the first time. Anyway, it is possible the Vols go 0-8 in the SEC. I am going to say we go 3-5, with wins over MSU, South Carolina, and Vandy.

I will never forget that fall saturday. Didn't every Vol on the field touch that SC player as he scored the go ahead TD? I thought it was time for Coach Majors to go then, just like I think it's time for Fulmer to go now. At least Major's coaching show was entertaining, he was a funny guy when they would review the game film. He would get excited and start talking loud like he was seeing it for the first time. Anyway, it is possible the Vols go 0-8 in the SEC. I am going to say we go 3-5, with wins over MSU, South Carolina, and Vandy.

I remember it. I remember that three week stretch. Arkansas, Bama, and SC. Started the monthn 5-0 and ranked #4.

Don't think 0-8 is possible, but 2-6 definitely is.

Plus, Johnny was probably drunk when they were taping.

The Cosby Kid has a good act. I've listened to him over the years and he is very entertaining whether you love Phil Fulmer or not. I'm not a hater. I'm just a realist but the Kool Aid kids can't see the green forests for the orange tinted glasses. By the way, I just heard Cosby was going to get a rally started to drive around the stadium center honking their horns, very humorous indeed. He's by far, the tops when comparing him to Gator J who is nothing but an old egotistical blow hard. I can't stand the guy and if you want to know why Gator J is so popular, it's ratings. His blithering idiocy fills the phone lines up with angry Vol fans. What better way to chum the waters for sharks than throw a gator on a line... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Oh yeah Sol, I'll search the archives for some posts of my predictions from last year.

I remember it. I remember that three week stretch. Arkansas, Bama, and SC. Started the monthn 5-0 and ranked #4.

Don't think 0-8 is possible, but 2-6 definitely is.

Plus, Johnny was probably drunk when they were taping.

That year was the best of times and the worst of times. The Georgia game I thought was Shuler's and Fulmer's coming out party. Wasn't that the first game they wore white on white for road games? Those kid's would have run off a cliff for Fulmer then. How times have changed.............

That year was the best of times and the worst of times. The Georgia game I thought was Shuler's and Fulmer's coming out party. Wasn't that the first game they wore white on white for road games? Those kid's would have run off a cliff for Fulmer then. How times have changed.............

You are correct. I'll never forget that 4th and 17 completion late in the 4th to lead the comeback. We won 34-31 and then whallopped Florida the next week in the monsoon game 31-14.

You are correct. I'll never forget that 4th and 17 completion late in the 4th to lead the comeback. We won 34-31 and then whallopped Florida the next week in the monsoon game 31-14.

Shuler was ahead of his time. Can you imagine him in Florida's spread offense? I have often wondered what might have been that year if Coach Majors had sat out the whole season. He completely took the air out of the team by disrupting what they had going.

Shuler was ahead of his time. Can you imagine him in Florida's spread offense? I have often wondered what might have been that year if Coach Majors had sat out the whole season. He completely took the air out of the team by disrupting what they had going.

Now that you mention it, Tebow does remind me a lot of Shuler. Shuler 2.0 if you will.

I think that team would have gone 10-1. I'm not sure they could have beaten Bama regardless of who was on the sideline. That defense was absolutely incredible.

Now that you mention it, Tebow does remind me a lot of Shuler. Shuler 2.0 if you will.

I think that team would have gone 10-1. I'm not sure they could have beaten Bama regardless of who was on the sideline. That defense was absolutely incredible.

You are probably right about Bama that year. I miss being excited about Tennessee football, it seems like the past 3 or 4 years the excitement just isn't there. I don't think it is just me either,Neyland Stadium doesn't seem so "electric" anymore and I miss that too.