Small Mike asked to leave UT media day

Solomon

You are probably right about Bama that year. I miss being excited about Tennessee football, it seems like the past 3 or 4 years the excitement just isn't there. I don't think it is just me either,Neyland Stadium doesn't seem so "electric" anymore and I miss that too.

I told my wife something similar before Southern Miss. I've not missed a home game since 97, and that Saturday was the first time in my life just walking around outside of the stadium that I could not get myself excited. Man, I remember Florida in 98 and Notre Dame in 99. The stadium was so loud those nights that you couldn't hear yourself. I remember watching a replay of that ND game and Ron Franklin saying that was the loudest he had ever heard a college stadium. Even Florida 04 was different. Just not the same.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to Fulmer... I believe that Fulmer,whether you agree or disagree, somehow lost respect of players and coaches across the SEC when the "Alabama Thing" happened. It seems that since that story broke, everyone has had a target on him. Missing out on the media days was an embarrassment for all. Say what you want, but the Bama game will be loaded for bear and guess who's the bear?

If Small Mike didn't have a media pass then he should have been asked to leave. I doubt if they would issue him a pass, anyway.

When I started the college site I called the UT Media Relations office and asked about a media pass. I didn't really care if I got one but thought I might be up there sometime visiting Mark and want to cover a game and take a few pics. I expected them to say they didn't have room, etc, and that would be fine. After a few days of phone tag Bud Ford called me back and said that he couldn't allow a site that covered high school recruiting to have a press pass. I informed him that I wasn't a recruiting site. (I wonder if I went to UT right now and went into the press box if VolQuest is there complete with their list of the top 5 million prospects from the Class of 2008? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ) So he said that they also wouldn't let sites have a media pass if that site didn't issue a print edition. I named an online paper in the Knoxville area that does not have a print issue and asked if they had access. He didn't reply and I told him never mind and hung up.

That is kinda the way I have always felt when I go to UT, which isn't often. I feel like they think they are doing me a favor by allowing me to attend.