Maryville vs William Blount

REBELRON

This next friday at William Blount I expect to see the biggest crowd in William Blount history. I fully expect there to be 15'000 fans there next friday. I can't wait. Lots of people will show up hoping the Rebels get beat.

Here is what worries me as a Rebel fan. Maryville hasn't faced a real good pass rush yet this season. Maryville's best offensive lineman Caleb West is hurt and will miss 3 games. He was expected to draw the assignment of blocking TJ Walker. Walker is a stud who had 5 sacks vs Ooltewah. William Blount has a great defense. Their offense has improved a lot. I expect this to be a very tough ballgame for Maryville.

Maryville has to be able to block TJ Walker. Maryville also has to have some running game to go along with their passing attack. William Blount will be by far the most physical team Maryville has played so far. Brent Burnett and those receivers need to have a good game for Maryville to beat William Blount.

Special teams will be huge in this game. Brett Wadham has done a good job punting but Kase Whitehead is one of the best punters in the state. Ward has done a good job at kickoffs this year for Maryville.

Both teams have good coaches.

William Blount is better at linebacker,punter and probably more physical. Maryville is more finesse team this year. Maryville is better at Quarterback,receivers and the secondary.

This will be a tough game but I have to pick Maryville. Maryville has been in more of these big games than William Blount. Scott Meadows is a great coach with a great staff. But! They aren't near as good as Quarles and his staff.Quarles and staff are the best in Tennessee and one of the best in the country. Another thing is William Blount doesn't have Aaron Douglas and Brent Burnett. Burnett and Douglas are great players.

Rebelron, Well said!!

Congratulations to the Govs! You made all of Blount County proud last night, even for those of us that live in the city. Great win!!

I regret I haven't been able to watch the Govs in person, but I have listened to every game while I was watching my Rebs. Man, I can't wait 'til Friday nite, I could hardly sleep last night. If this level of anticipation continues all

week, I'll have to get an I.V. of Diet Mountain Dew, just to make it through the game!

For an old man who loves football (pros, college, high school, and pee wee), this is almost heaven! I want to thank all the young men who bust their tales off everyday to be the best they can be on and off the field. The lessons of life you are learning and living will go far beyond the playing field on Friday nights.

Thank you coaches and your families for the countless hours of sacrifice you make to shape the lives of these young men. I still cherish in my heart the H.S. days on the field when the coaches I had took a fatherless kid under their wing, as if he were their own son, and molded him from a boy into a young man. They taught me so much more than x's and o's. I learned to love God, love your family and love your team! I learned to do the best I could do, leave everthing on the field, win or lose, I could walk away knowing I gave it all. Do your best, let God take care of the winning and losing. Come to think of it, I gained more strength from the loses than the wins.

Thank you Moms and Dads, Grandmas and Grandpas, Aunts and Uncles, Brothers and Sisters, Cousins and friends for supporting these young men. My mom couldn't come to my games because she had to work (a nurse at the hospital) to provide for us four kids (thank you mama for letting me do what you knew I loved), but I had plenty of folks that helped get me to practice, bought me a new pair of cletes (when the old pair fell apart), let me have a shoulder to cry on and a ear to listen too me when I was hurting. They also kicked me in the backside when I needed it. I was by no means a great player, but I never doubted I was loved. Win or Lose.

I know we have to play this game and somebody will win and somebody will lose. Right now, I honestly don't know who to pick in this one. All I know is, this is about a whole lot more than who wins a ballgame! Boys do your best! Fans behave! Thank the Lord everyday your alive, living in Blount County and by the good Lord's grace you get to enjoy this!

Oldhick76 "Honey, you better pick-up another case of Diet Mountain Dews"

P.S. My five year daughter asked me at the game last, "Daddy, why do those cheerleaders keep distracting people from watching the game?" From the mouth of babes! Don't you just love kids!

Rebelron, Well said!!

Congratulations to the Govs! You made all of Blount County proud last night, even for those of us that live in the city. Great win!!

I regret I haven't been able to watch the Govs in person, but I have listened to every game while I was watching my Rebs. Man, I can't wait 'til Friday nite, I could hardly sleep last night. If this level of anticipation continues all

week, I'll have to get an I.V. of Diet Mountain Dew, just to make it through the game!

For an old man who loves football (pros, college, high school, and pee wee), this is almost heaven! I want to thank all the young men who bust their tales off everyday to be the best they can be on and off the field. The lessons of life you are learning and living will go far beyond the playing field on Friday nights.

Thank you coaches and your families for the countless hours of sacrifice you make to shape the lives of these young men. I still cherish in my heart the H.S. days on the field when the coaches I had took a fatherless kid under their wing, as if he were their own son, and molded him from a boy into a young man. They taught me so much more than x's and o's. I learned to love God, love your family and love your team! I learned to do the best I could do, leave everthing on the field, win or lose, I could walk away knowing I gave it all. Do your best, let God take care of the winning and losing. Come to think of it, I gained more strength from the loses than the wins.

Thank you Moms and Dads, Grandmas and Grandpas, Aunts and Uncles, Brothers and Sisters, Cousins and friends for supporting these young men. My mom couldn't come to my games because she had to work (a nurse at the hospital) to provide for us four kids (thank you mama for letting me do what you knew I loved), but I had plenty of folks that helped get me to practice, bought me a new pair of cletes (when the old pair fell apart), let me have a shoulder to cry on and a ear to listen too me when I was hurting. They also kicked me in the backside when I needed it. I was by no means a great player, but I never doubted I was loved. Win or Lose.

I know we have to play this game and somebody will win and somebody will lose. Right now, I honestly don't know who to pick in this one. All I know is, this is about a whole lot more than who wins a ballgame! Boys do your best! Fans behave! Thank the Lord everyday your alive, living in Blount County and by the good Lord's grace you get to enjoy this!

P.S. My five year daughter asked me at the game last, "Daddy, why do those cheerleaders keep distracting people from watching the game?" From the mouth of babes! Don't you just love kids!

Well said.... I hope this sets the tone for this thread....... ( But we'll need to have a little fun.... Let's try not to get to personal)....

GO GOVS

This next friday at William Blount I expect to see the biggest crowd in William Blount history. I fully expect there to be 15'000 fans there next friday. I can't wait. Lots of people will show up hoping the Rebels get beat.

Here is what worries me as a Rebel fan. Maryville hasn't faced a real good pass rush yet this season. Maryville's best offensive lineman Caleb West is hurt and will miss 3 games. He was expected to draw the assignment of blocking TJ Walker. Walker is a stud who had 5 sacks vs Ooltewah. William Blount has a great defense. Their offense has improved a lot. I expect this to be a very tough ballgame for Maryville.

Maryville has to be able to block TJ Walker. Maryville also has to have some running game to go along with their passing attack. William Blount will be by far the most physical team Maryville has played so far. Brent Burnett and those receivers need to have a good game for Maryville to beat William Blount.

Special teams will be huge in this game. Brett Wadham has done a good job punting but Kase Whitehead is one of the best punters in the state. Ward has done a good job at kickoffs this year for Maryville.

Both teams have good coaches.

William Blount is better at linebacker,punter and probably more physical. Maryville is more finesse team this year. Maryville is better at Quarterback,receivers and the secondary.

This will be a tough game but I have to pick Maryville. Maryville has been in more of these big games than William Blount. Scott Meadows is a great coach with a great staff. But! They aren't near as good as Quarles and his staff.Quarles and staff are the best in Tennessee and one of the best in the country. Another thing is William Blount doesn't have Aaron Douglas and Brent Burnett. Burnett and Douglas are great players.

RR,

As usual your analysis is very good. I can tell you from many years and games competing against Maryville at Mo. West (and getting our butt kicked the good majority of the time!) I have an OVERWHELMING respect for Maryville. The always seem to play their best in the biggest games, which is one of the many reasons why the have had the great success they have had since 2000. In addition to that, as you mentioned they have a great coaching staff. Coache Quarles, Coach Ellis, Coach Gaylor and Coach Pinkerton (as I am sure the others are as well) are not only great coaches, but are more importantly great people.

However, we did scrimmage William Blount this fall, and I can tell you that they have an excellent team. You are right you have to be able to block the Walker kid. The difficulty is that if you run away from him, he has enough speed to run you down, and if you run at him he usually stuffs that side of the LOS. It will be interesting to see the potential matchup between him and Douglas. Their LB's are also very good and the entire defense is coached extremely well.

On offense WB is much more wide open now out of the gun and they have great speed at RB and can take it the distance at any time.

As a fan of high school football, this is an extremely exiciting game to talk about. I hope that 15-20,000 people pack it in over there and make it the great atmosphere it should be. It is great for the kids of both teams that they can play in a game like this.

If I was ever going to pick against Maryville this would be the time, but I just can't do it, they always seem to rise to the occasion. However, if WB wins I wouldn't be shocked by any stretch.

Good luck to both teams, we (Mo. West) are off this week so I may have to check this one out in person!

Rebelron, Well said!!

Awesome post Oldhick. Be sure and leave at least one case of that diet Mt. Dew at the store ... I'm gonna be needing some too!

Two very good football teams being a DB fan i went to watch both our Maryville scrimmage and our game against William Blount. Maryville is a very sound fundamental team and very well coached. On the other hand i haven't seen a team bigger than William Blount this year. Im excited about this game and i don't live anywhere near Blount county. So I'm gonna say that William Blount gets the W in this one because i think they will want it worst and their size advantage

up front will really make a difference. Hope Brent Burnette will get someone to block TJ Walker.

Well done Govs! Your group just shows how strong Region 2-5A really is. This is THE game of the week. This season is just starting to get real interesting. The stretch run is gonna be awesome for not only the players, but the fans alike. Friday Night Football in East Tennessee................. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

maryville will thrive on the atmosphere and the trash talk that william blount is giving. they've been talking trash all year about how this is the year they are gonna beat us. we're tired of hearing about it. WB better be ready for a MONSTER.

I haven't heard any trash talking.... yet. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Go Govs!

maryville will thrive on the atmosphere and the trash talk that william blount is giving. they've been talking trash all year about how this is the year they are gonna beat us. we're tired of hearing about it. WB better be ready for a MONSTER.

Make a deal with you 1andonly, let's keep score on this board this week of who talks the most trash. So far, as best as I can see, Maryville would be up 1 to nothing.

Make a deal with you 1andonly, let's keep score on this board this week of who talks the most trash. So far, as best as I can see, Maryville would be up 1 to nothing.

Your right Govman I've not heard any trash talking from anyone on your side and i doubt you will hear much from our side either there just might be some that will log on from other places and try to start some stuff. Are you guys healthy? I wish i could have seen the game last night sounds like ya'll dominated an ooltewah team that was highly ranked. Should be a great one friday night. was it as bad or worse than it sounds? i'd love to bring 3 gold balls back in Dec. this year.

• Like 1