Ensworth vs. McCallie

tigerfan55

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First i would just like to say... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahahaha..*ahem*...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I couldn't have said it better rufio. shun those non believers. sssshhhhuuuunnnnn

From what I saw tonight, Ensworth is taking its place among the elite in D2-AA sooner, rather than later. I think next week's game should be a great matchup with MBA being undefeated after a close one with Ravenwood, a team that Ensworth seemed to handle very well before the season. Plus, the EHS v. MBA is going to be on tv as the "game of the week". It should be interesting, and I'm looking forward to going to it.

It was 31-7 MBA with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter, relax they put their back ups in. When MBA put out the starting O again, they drove the ball down the field to run the clock out. MBA dominated Ravenwood the entire game while their 1st sring was out there.

Congrats to Ensworth. You have a very well coached good team. Beautiful facilities and supportive courteous fans. I think there are better teams in this region but none that you cant beat if they are not ready to play. Nice to have Tim Mcgraw holding the chains (our o-coordinator enjoyed talking to him) and Faith Hill on the sidelines.

Here is the question McCallie fans want answered. We put a freshman qb in for 4 series in the last 2 games. One against Father Ryan results in touchdown, first series against Ensworth touchdown, next series we're driving and he fumbles struggling for extra yardage, the next series results in a touchdown. He doesnt see the field again. WHY?

Wow. McCallie completely disappointed me in this game. They were up 14-7 and looking to score to make it 21-7 but they screwed around on offense and had to try a field goal and they MISSED. They could of put ensworth away but they gave all the momentum to EHS and EHS scored on a big play then McCallie just rolled over.

I was impressed by ensworth but more disappointed in McCallie. They showed no heart and put their d*** between their legs when EHS evened the score out and then they just bent over, and allowed 21 points in the 4th quarter.

The MBA vs. EHS game should be a good one, but EHS is going to need to score earlier in that game because MBA wont put in 2nd teamers like they did against Ravenwood and almost lost because of it.

It was 31-7 MBA with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter, relax they put their back ups in. When MBA put out the starting O again, they drove the ball down the field to run the clock out. MBA dominated Ravenwood the entire game while their 1st sring was out there.

Relax! You won. However, I listened on the radio and when the score was 31-7, the MBA announcers were saying things like "this game is much closer than the score indicates...Ravenwood has really moved the ball with ease until the red zone..." I guess that explains the 435 yards of total offense. I wasn't there, they may have gotten most of that against MBA subs.

Great win by Ensworth. I think most people who have followed DII for a while knew that Ensworth would be a strong contender fairly soon, but this was clearly a landmark game for Coach Bowers and his team.

I was a bit surprised by the 21-0 4th quarter. Can someone who was there give an informed football account as to what happened?

TURNOVERS and questionable play calling has continued to put a very tough defense in precarious situations all year. It finally caught up with them in the fourth quarter Friday when Ensworth executed and made some big plays.

Nobody "rolled over" or "showed a lack of heart". To say so disrespects Ensworth and a good McCallie defense that has been put in bad situations all year and has come thru time after time. It finally caught up with them last night.

The silence from the choo choo city is deafening.............I have a great deal of respect for McCallie football tradition but let's call a spade a spade - McCallie quit in the fourth qtr and that was disappointing. I have never ever seen a Big Blue team do that. Hope you realize now that Ensworth is in fact a varsity squad. You learned the hard way.

The silence from the choo choo city is deafening.............I have a great deal of respect for McCallie football tradition but let's call a spade a spade - McCallie quit in the fourth qtr and that was disappointing. I have never ever seen a Big Blue team do that. Hope you realize now that Ensworth is in fact a varsity squad. You learned the hard way.

OK most Ensworth fans have alot of class.

Congratulations to a good Ensworth squad. Enjoy your victory and turn your thoughts to MBA.

JohnJacob, I believe that the Big Blue fans are trying not to whine or make excuses and I don't believe that they took EHS lightly. I do believe we shot ourselves in the foot a few too many times to recover. I believe I saw a tipped pass by a McCallie defender that luckily fell into the hands of the EHS receiver. Sometimes the breaks don't fall your way.

On the other hand, I saw an EHS team @@@@ up over 400 yards in offense. They have some very talented players who deserve credit for earning a win.

I hope that our team and coaches are reflecting on the mistakes made and the lessons to be learned and are turning their thoughts to the next challenge at hand!

GO BIG BLUE!!!

Great win by Ensworth. I think most people who have followed DII for a while knew that Ensworth would be a strong contender fairly soon, but this was clearly a landmark game for Coach Bowers and his team.

I was a bit surprised by the 21-0 4th quarter. Can someone who was there give an informed football account as to what happened?

Great game by both teams and great facilities...Heck of a game to watch i must say. When it started it looked like Ensworth didn't have a chance. Ensworth would hit them at the line and then McCallie would push its way for 4 or 5 more yards. I thought it was going to be like this all game.

But in the second half Ensworth look incredible. It looked like a whole new team in the second half. I was surprised McCallie took out number 10 the QB because he was heck of a good player. Soon as McCallie missed that field goal, Ensworth just took off and never looked back. They pounded the run and then went with the pass. Great Coaching i thought. Ensworths D in that second half was like a stone wall. Great job by both teams, i really like the addition to this division, it has put this division way above the rest.

Great game both teams......might as well stop saying super 7 and call it the ELITE 8