to coniglio

Baseball2008

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude what are u doing? i cant believe u would ask that? matt coniglio died in a car accident 3 weeks ago. it still doesnt seem right without him around....

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> This is going to get good

Why isnt the Coniglio of CCS running in races, are you hurt or saving it for the region?

you have to be the most insensitive person on these boards. we're all trying to deal with his loss and you get on and disgrace his name like this? you disgust me.

"are you hurt?" great pun, wish i was cold enough to think that one up. lord, i was just starting to forget too, and you come on here just bringing it all back. don't you understand? there is a hurt associated with losing a fellow runner, especially someone as active as coniglio. his presence will be sorely missed.

if you're reading this conig, i love you.

the will be a memorial service held the night before state in nashville to commemerate matthew. a candle light vigil will take place on the course at dusk. i hope some of u will get out there and show u care

Thanks stealth for this information. I will be sure to make it there, hopefully I'll be able to hold back the tears... it will be a tough night. Also, I've decided to dedicate the rest of my season, and more specifically the state meet to Matt. I will be filing a motion in the TSSAA for the state meet to be renamed the Matthew Coniglio Memorial State XC Meet. Hopefully I will have some support for said motion. I know this is a trying time for all of us, if anyone needs to be consoled, we are all here for you.

Thanks stealth for this information. I will be sure to make it there, hopefully I'll be able to hold back the tears... it will be a tough night. Also, I've decided to dedicate the rest of my season, and more specifically the state meet to Matt. I will be filing a motion in the TSSAA for the state meet to be renamed the Matthew Coniglio Memorial State XC Meet. Hopefully I will have some support for said motion. I know this is a trying time for all of us, if anyone needs to be consoled, we are all here for you.

wait am I missing some huge joke or are you guys serious??? cause if you are I feel absolutely TERRIBLE right now.....please tell me you aren't

I passed by Matt's locker today for the first time. Every time I go into AP US History class, where Matt used to sit behind me, I tear up. I actually didn't go to class for about a week after the accident.

Passing by his locker wasn't easy. This is a trying time for everyone right now.

Matt was a great guy. A good friend. His hair was always useful for mopping floors with. But he was good. It's terrible to see a life such as his wasted by such a stupid thing as a car accident. It really is. I'm not sure how CCS distance running is going to move forward. Obviously it's a very hard time for all of us. Running just isn't fun right now.

I passed by Matt's locker today for the first time. Every time I go into AP US History class, where Matt used to sit behind me, I tear up. I actually didn't go to class for about a week after the accident.

Passing by his locker wasn't easy. This is a trying time for everyone right now.

Matt was a great guy. A good friend. His hair was always useful for mopping floors with. But he was good. It's terrible to see a life such as his wasted by such a stupid thing as a car accident. It really is. I'm not sure how CCS distance running is going to move forward. Obviously it's a very hard time for all of us. Running just isn't fun right now.

Like I said, we're all here for you. I hope that anyone else who has any feelings to get off their chests has the courage to do so... if you don't then that is completely fine, but if you need us, we're here. I know there are tons of prayers being lifted up right now for the friends and family of Matthew, and I sincerely hope that the Big Man Upstairs is listening.

To those that feel bad, please, do not worry... it is not your fault, there is no way that you could know. Just please keep the running community in your prayers.

Like I said, we're all here for you. I hope that anyone else who has any feelings to get off their chests has the courage to do so... if you don't then that is completely fine, but if you need us, we're here. I know there are tons of prayers being lifted up right now for the friends and family of Matthew, and I sincerely hope that the Big Man Upstairs is listening.

To those that feel bad, please, do not worry... it is not your fault, there is no way that you could know. Just please keep the running community in your prayers.

Hey, thanks man. I really appreciate it.

Drop me a PM. I'm trying to keep a list of the people I need to thank when I see them at State. But I'm not sure who you are.

i don't know if i can take this guys. coniglio was more than a friendly rival, he was a hero to me. he knew every stat of every runner ever. from the almighty halls to the lowliest 30+ runner. it was inspiring the way he encouraged everyone to go out there and try their best, whether triumph came in the form of a 16 minute 5k or just finishing the race. he was more than a great competitor and athlete, he was a great person. there was something in that crazy mop of hair he had (more than just an infestation, i mean) it symbolized something, something greater, like a divine spirit that guides all of us in our actions, on and off the course. he was a beacon in the darkness for those who brave the most brutal of sports. i dedicate the rest of my career to honoring his memory, and i will be present at the vigil. i encourage all of you who knew him, knew of him, or simply read something he posted on here to do the same. i will be sporting a black ribbon on my uniform at state, as will the entire CCS team, and, i believe, many A/AA competitors.

RIP conigs.