Morgan County All-Star Game

kingbrian3

The 6th annual Morgan County All-Star softball game is this Saturday in Coalfield at 10 a.m. The game showcases the top talent in the county each year. DDP, do you plan on playing this Saturday? I am trying to get a hold of your dad to see if he can help call the game. Let me know if he can and if youy are going to be there. Rowland, are you going to be there?

Kingbrian,

Yes I am coming to the game. I am going to miss my softball game for my knoxville team to come play in it. My dad said he would call the softball game. He would rather be in the field then behind the plate but you 2 can discuss that saturday.Last I heard from Roark he is coming.Who all is playing in it?I talked to Carmen today and she said she was still calling people about playing in it.So it would be bad if the oldies had to for-feit...By the way can it be any alumi in the district.Can they be from rockwood?Just wondering cause i was going to help her out if they could be.

DDP

Yes, B., BigPapaRo (rSquared) and LilMamaRo will be there indeed.

I'll only be staying for the softball game, however, because I have to work from 2-11 Sat.

Glad you and Dad can make it, DDP. Lookin' forward to it!

We plan to call our Coalfield gals tomorrow and Friday to remind them of the game, KingB.

See ya,

---rSquared

The Morgan County Softball All-Stars battled a talent-laden Coalfield Alumni team (which consisted of two current high school baseball players and two former Coalfield baseball greats due to a lack of female alumni players) to a 9-9 tie after seven innings.

Coalfield freshman Amanda Pennington, who garnered the All-Star game's MVP award, led the Stars with a pair of hits and two rbi's and scored the game-tying run in the bottom of the seventh on a two-out hit off the bat of Wartburg's Brittany Williams. Coalfield's Maressa Sexton and Sunbright's Kimberly Jones split the pitching duties on the mound for the All-Star team, while former Coalfield players Kelly Brooks and Joni Wilson Armes both worked "on the hill" for the "over-the-hill" squad. (wink)

A big thank you to the Morgan County News and sponsors for continuing to support these All-Star games for the athletes and fans of Morgan County, and thanks to Sports Editor Brian Langley (kingB here on coacht.com)

for doing whatever it takes to make these games happen---including organizing, umpiring, catching, etc. Thanks also to the Coalfield Lions Club for their willingness to work their weekend tournament schedule around the games this year!

---rSquared

[Edited by rSquared on 6/2/02 12:20P]

Hey who all got what awards at the game? So I see that the oldies had it in for thereself this time.(LOL)Well I hope you all had fun playing.Wish I could of been there.It probably would of been more fun but hey you gotta do what you gotta do.(Which sometimes STINKS!!)If you ask me.Hey rsquared are you coming to any of my softball games?If you are which ones so I can call and give you a time. We go to Pigeon Forge this coming weekend which is the 7,8, and 9th.Let me know about that.

DDP