MARYVILLE @ CENTRAL

cobrajet

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eye know Joel said this was one of his biggest teems.

Jamie Wilson RB is tuff. QB McMillian and WR Styles are vurry dangerous.

Won of tha hardest thangs to do in sports is come bak and play a tuff old rival like the Bobkats aftur spendin' so much tha weak befour. This gaim scares me 'cause of that and because tha Bobkats haiv a good teem.

Eye know Joel said this was one of his biggest teems.

Jamie Wilson RB is tuff. QB McMillian and WR Styles are vurry dangerous.

Won of tha hardest thangs to do in sports is come bak and play a tuff old rival like the Bobkats aftur spendin' so much tha weak befour. This gaim scares me 'cause of that and because tha Bobkats haiv a good teem.

STARSNBARS you are way off base. This is the weakest team Central has fielded since 98. Wilson is a very good back but also very fragile. Styles is an average receiver compared to past Bobcat greats. McMillian is the bright spot on offense. Very good runner and more than adequate as a passer.

Defensively they aren't able to put near the pressure on the other team as in the past. Nothing close to what Maryville saw against W.B.

Maryville on the other hand doesn't seemed to run the ball very well and Brumette has made some poor decisions throwing the ball. Defense seems to be holding its own.

Based on what I have seen from Maryville, the streak will come to an end this year. If not for a ref that was blind in his right eye W.B. would have ended it Friday. Anyway Central won't be the team that ends it either. The Cats just don't have enough weapons. Even when they did they couldn't get the job done.

Watch out for the hook and ladder. Quarles seems to go to that play when the offense is in trouble. State Championship game a couple of years ago against Hillsboro.

Congrats to the ole Maryville boy via Alcoa Carl Stewart for his good came for Auburn Sat.

STARSNBARS you are way off base. This is the weakest team Central has fielded since 98. Wilson is a very good back but also very fragile. Styles is an average receiver compared to past Bobcat greats. McMillian is the bright spot on offense. Very good runner and more than adequate as a passer.

Defensively they aren't able to put near the pressure on the other team as in the past. Nothing close to what Maryville saw against W.B.

Maryville on the other hand doesn't seemed to run the ball very well and Brumette has made some poor decisions throwing the ball. Defense seems to be holding its own.

Based on what I have seen from Maryville the streak will come to an end this year. If not for a ref that was blind in his right eye W.B. would have ended it Friday. Anyway Central won't be the team that ends it either. The Cats just don't have enough weapons. Even when they did they couldn't get the job done.

Watch out for the hook and ladder. Quarles seems to go to that play when the offense is in trouble. State Championship game a couple of years ago against Hillsboro.

Congrats to the ole Maryville boy via Alcoa Carl Stewart for his good came for Auburn Sat.

Is this an accurate assessment of Central or are you just trying to "Lou Holtz " me?

Is this an accurate assessment of Central or are you just trying to "Lou Holtz " me?

Don't get me wrong. Central is good but, no where near as good as the teams in the past 6-7 years. If Jamie Wilson is healthy. Which he hasn't been all season he could be a problem for the Rebels. He played the first couple of series vs. Halls and after a couple of hard hits spent the rest of the night on the sideline. Central may have a slight edge in running the ball. McMillian is as good at Q.B. as Brumette. Much better runner and a good passer. Brumette is a very good passer but no threat to run. Styles is a good receiver. Maryville has 3 just as good in Douglas, Shiver, and Clendenon. Advantage Maryville.

Defense is where Central isn't as good. They don't have the athletes to play man and put the pressure on the Q.B.

Brumette will pick them apart. Run defense is o.k but not good enough to stop Maryvilles average running game. Halls ran on them with ease. Maryville has a big advantage on Defense.Coaching advantage goes without being said. Maryville. Intangibles Maryville.

Now keep in mind the last time I saw Central play was against Halls 3 weeks ago. Bridges is back which could help as well as a couple of lineman.

If Central plays their best game of the year and Maryville is still reliving their past weeks victory over W.B. it is possible that Central could sneak up on Maryville. I just don't see that happening.

Maryville 27 Central 9

Central had a great team in 1998. They lost 2 close games the Maryville that year. Besides Elizabethon Central was the best team Maryville played that year.

rednblack63,redrage,bigcatt or whatever his name is crying about officiating. What a joke. His bitterness over Maryville is funny.

A lot of people cry about that missed extra point. What a lot of people don't talk about is Tyler Clendenen scored on Maryville's 1st possesion. He was called out of bounds but he had one foot in.

Central had a great team in 1998. They lost 2 close games the Maryville that year. Besides Elizabethon Central was the best team Maryville played that year.

rednblack63,redrage,bigcatt or whatever his name is crying about officiating. What a joke. His bitterness over Maryville is funny.

A lot of people cry about that missed extra point. What a lot of people don't talk about is Tyler Clendenen scored on Maryville's 1st possesion. He was called out of bounds but he had one foot in.

[/quote

Incoherent ramblings that have nothing to do with the game.

Now as far as the game goes. Maryvile is in a position to be upset. Coming off of an emotional win against a rival. Plus Maryville isn't as talented as the past few years. They have some questions in the running game and a Q.B. who although very talented lacks mobility and has made some questionable decisions in the red zone. A healthy Wilson and Centrals ability to run the option will give the Rebels some headaches. Never the less I look for Maryville to prevail. But don't be surprised if the Bobcats give them a major scare.