Maplewood Band

Old School Dirty Bird

I attended the Maplewood / Pearl Cohn football game last Friday night. Although few in number, the Maplewood band was actually decent. The problem I had was with the "lady" who continually hollared throughout their halftime performance. She literally drowned out the band. They are few in number so it was difficult to hear them and she did not help thier cause. She appeared to be so caught up in listening to her own rhetoric and apparently thinking she was sounding good that she lost herself and shouted throughout their entire performance. She hyped their "flag boy" to the point you literally could not hear the band.

I think she was jealous that the Firebird band is nearly 100 strong and I counted 8 horns in the Maplewood band. But, this is not a reason for her to disgrace them. She was truly unprofessional. Is she an administrator at the school or just an over zealous band parent? I truly hope the latter!

Someone who wants these, I am sure, hard working band members to be heard at halftime, should tell this "lady" to keep quiet so they can be heard. Not to mention, her articulation of the English language was not the best.

"PCH, Don't Play Wit It!"

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...