Volleyball state rankings?

Roba22

I have looked all over the internet and even this site looking for some state rankings for all classes in volleyball. Also I was hoping I could find win/loss totals for many teams and could only find a few... is this more of a fan updated thing here? I would like to see who is considered as some of the top teams across the whole state, and what their records are. It's a shame that sports like volleyball are not kept up with as much as football,basketball and baseball...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have looked all over the internet and even this site looking for some state rankings for all classes in volleyball. Also I was hoping I could find win/loss totals for many teams and could only find a few... is this more of a fan updated thing here? I would like to see who is considered as some of the top teams across the whole state, and what their records are. It's a shame that sports like volleyball are not kept up with as much as football,basketball and baseball...

Good point!

I will take a stab at it (all Classes combined):

1. Cookeville

2. Independence

3. Brentwood

4. Ravenwood

5. Father Ryan

6. LaVergne

7. Georgetown

8. Collierville

9. Sullivan South

10. Ooltewah

11. Harpeth Hall

12. GPS

13. Notre Dame

14. AC

15. East Ridge

16. Riverdale

17. Siegel

18. Houston

19. Culleoka

20. Page

Man, was that a stab!

You can also look at unapproved website.com.I don't know where they get their stats from (the schools maybe?) Some look out of date to me but they have some interesting stuff in the volleyball area (national).I think the stats come directly from the schools (like stat leaders in kills, aces, etc.)You can select Tennessee from States.

Good point!I will take a stab at it (all Classes combined):1. Cookeville2. Independence3. Brentwood4. Ravenwood5. Father Ryan6. LaVergne7. Georgetown8. Collierville9. Sullivan South10. Ooltewah11. Harpeth Hall12. GPS13. Notre Dame14. AC15. East Ridge16. Riverdale17. Siegel18. Houston19. Culleoka20. PageMan, was that a stab!

BTW, I definitely wouldn't have Lavergne on this list! They are 4th in our district (9AAA). I think they are 7-4 overall in the district.

Guest TheChosenOne

Hutchison (Memphis) 26-6

Wins over Houston, SBA (2), Briarcrest (4) Bartlett, Smyrna, ECS, Collierville ... all teams that have played some of these other teams.

3 out of 6 losses came to out of state opponents.

Harding Academy and St. benedict would have to be in the mix as well. All three have beaten Houston (who you have ranked)

Hutchison (Memphis) 26-6

Wins over Houston, SBA (2), Briarcrest (4) Bartlett, Smyrna, ECS, Collierville ... all teams that have played some of these other teams.

3 out of 6 losses came to out of state opponents.

Harding Academy and St. benedict would have to be in the mix as well. All three have beaten Houston (who you have ranked)

Yep, I have to agree with the Chosen One on this one, Houston should NOT be on this list but

I know it was a stab but not really one based on game results or fact.

Good point!

1. Cookeville

2. Independence

3. Brentwood

4. Ravenwood

5. Father Ryan

6. LaVergne

7. Georgetown

8. Collierville

9. Sullivan South

10. Ooltewah

11. Harpeth Hall

12. GPS

13. Notre Dame

14. AC

15. East Ridge

16. Riverdale

17. Siegel

18. Houston

19. Culleoka

20. Page

Man, was that a stab!

Good point!

1. Cookeville

2. Independence

3. Brentwood

4. Ravenwood

5. Father Ryan

6. LaVergne

7. Georgetown

8. Collierville

9. Sullivan South

10. Ooltewah

11. Harpeth Hall

12. GPS

13. Notre Dame

14. AC

15. East Ridge

16. Riverdale

17. Siegel

18. Houston

19. Culleoka

20. Page

Man, was that a stab!

In a knife fight, you wouldn't stand a chance! What year(s) are you talking about? The '80s? '90s? '70s? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

No Knox Catholic or Greenbrier? Man, Daddy-O, this dude is really taking that 'fly under the radar' thing for real!

Catustabber,

And who are you with (just for the record)?

In a knife fight, you wouldn't stand a chance! What year(s) are you talking about? The '80s? '90s? '70s? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

No Knox Catholic or Greenbrier? Man, Daddy-O, this dude is really taking that 'fly under the radar' thing for real!

Catustabber,

And who are you with (just for the record)?

Fan of the game. My favorite teams are Cookeville and Culleoka. Knoxville Catholic was an oversight. I would like to see a Greenbrier/Culleoka matchup before I brought Greenbrier into the top 20 mix.

Greenbrier beat Page in Head to Head, but any of those last several teams could mix and match. KC should definitely be there.

Fan of the game. My favorite teams are Cookeville and Culleoka. Knoxville Catholic was an oversight. I would like to see a Greenbrier/Culleoka matchup before I brought Greenbrier into the top 20 mix.

I think you might need to double check your standings. District 11-AAA probably has five of the BEST teams in the State and on any given day any of them could win. You don't even have Centennial or Franklin mentioned. Most teams are split win a 1-1 win over all the other teams in that district. Centennial gave Brentwood their only loss, and beat Independence both times they have met in their district matches. Franklin and Centennial split, as did Centennial and Ravenwood. Centennial also beat Page rather easily if I remember from reading the scores on here. Maybe change the volleyball games you watch and go to a district where on any given night in that district you will be guaranteed great volleyball. Basically if you read on here under the 11-AAA quad matches for today, these are the standings:

Bwood 11-1

Centennial 9-3

Ravenwood 8-4

Independence 7-5

Franklin 7-5

Ooltewah and Greenbriar should definitely be somewhat high on your list as well. Maybe your rankings should be tweaked just a little bit....