Volleyball state rankings?

Roba22

Guest TheChosenOne

I believe they belong in the top ten based on who they have already beaten. I put them #1 as a little tongue in cheek.

Doesn't your coach coach a team for Memphis Juniors? I may be mistaken seems like I've seen him at club events.

Good luck the rest of the year hope we see you in the boro.

She runs Memphis Metro. I could tell it was a little tongue in cheek, but that is ok. I just had wanted us to be mentioned in the top 20. I never said top 5 or #1. I was unaware that it was a requirement to have to travel to Nashville to play the other teams to be mentioned in the top twenty. Its not like we are turning any games down. There were just teams like Collierville and Houston in the previous polls that we had beaten.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She runs Memphis Metro. I could tell it was a little tongue in cheek, but that is ok. I just had wanted us to be mentioned in the top 20. I never said top 5 or #1. I was unaware that it was a requirement to have to travel to Nashville to play the other teams to be mentioned in the top twenty. Its not like we are turning any games down. There were just teams like Collierville and Houston in the previous polls that we had beaten.

This political/one man's opinion Top 20 has already proven to be a joke (again, Culleoka? And Georgetown - I think it's Germantown, but ...whatever! - Give us a break!!!)...and there's no requirement (tongue in cheek?). But, any coach worthy of his/her title will seek the best. Let's call it like it is - Nashville has the most of the best (Brentwood, Father Ryan, Independence, Ravenwood, Centennial...) this year. And until you compete with one of them, well, I guess you can see my opinion.

How come y'all don't have a schedule listed on here? Never mind. I get it. You're trying to be like us last year: Flyin' under the radar. I think it may be too late for that. I mean, my goodness, look who you say you've beaten... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Why would you even want to be in this Top 20? If it's to get your school or players some recognition I'd suggest putting your schedule and roster on here and playing some real good AA (AC, Knox Catholic) and Nashville-area AAA teams (of course, you may be avoiding FR, but you can bet your sweet bippy that the State, again, goes thru them in DII). On the other hand, y'all may be so good that y'all don't need to play against good, competitive teams. Guess we'll see 'whatcha got' soon enough anyway, though, huh?

Best teams in your state are all from the same area. Dont care how your rank them, but the AAA champ will be Brentwood, Independence, Centennial, Independence, Ravenwood, or Franklin. All these teams are probably top 10 teams in terms of talent. I think the AAA championship will be the top two teams that come out of this district. Could be any one of these.

I'll say this about DB and TN High, they both beat Lafayette(KY) in three close games. This tells me they simply are not strong enough to make a run at a AAA state title and certainly are not top 10 teams. Lafayette simply is not that strong this year and played those matches without their best MB that was lost to a knee injury. In fact Lafayette is currently ranked 4th in their own district out of 4 teams so the fact they made the championship match in that Science Hill tournament tells me DB, Sience Hill and TN High are not legit top 10 teams. Just an opinion though.

My guess is Greenbrier, AC and Knox Cath are the best teams in AA/A but other than perhaps Greenbrier, i'd say no A/AA team are top 10 teams. State champ will come from one of those three teams though in my opinion. My pick would be Greenbrier over AC for the title.

KYDigs makes a good point. If Lafayette is 4th in their district in Lexington, KY, then they must be very very weak. Lexington still has not come up to par with Northern KY and Louisville. Middle Tennessee is more comparable to Northern Kentucky teams (Notre Dame is the exception as they would crush all TN teams) So, if AC and Knox Cath only beat them in 3, then they must not be that good. So, I may have to rethink the top 20.

KYDigs makes a good point. If Lafayette is 4th in their district in Lexington, KY, then they must be very very weak. Lexington still has not come up to par with Northern KY and Louisville. Middle Tennessee is more comparable to Northern Kentucky teams (Notre Dame is the exception as they would crush all TN teams) So, if AC and Knox Cath only beat them in 3, then they must not be that good. So, I may have to rethink the top 20.

You've already "rethunk" it once, isn't that enough??

You've already "rethunk" it once, isn't that enough??

I guess I am not the expert afterall. I am as shocked as you are.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens in the state tournament. Unfortunately, 3 of the top 10 teams in the state will not be given the opportunity to get out of their district. District 11AAA that is! Think about it, the 5th place team in that district could realisticly win every other district in the state. Just goes to show how being able to afford to play club really pays off.

Cat,

Whatever. You're a politician. Stick with your guns and take all the raggin' we can muster. You put yourself 'out there,' now sit back and let people say what they will. It ain't like we're askin' you to defend your country or something that matters.

AC and KC can, if healthy, play with anybody in TN...A/AA, AAA or DII. The top teams ain't scared of any and respect all. Notre Dame (or whoever they are) don't have a dog in this fight.

Guest TheChosenOne

This political/one man's opinion Top 20 has already proven to be a joke (again, Culleoka? And Georgetown - I think it's Germantown, but ...whatever! - Give us a break!!!)...and there's no requirement (tongue in cheek?). But, any coach worthy of his/her title will seek the best. Let's call it like it is - Nashville has the most of the best (Brentwood, Father Ryan, Independence, Ravenwood, Centennial...) this year. And until you compete with one of them, well, I guess you can see my opinion.

How come y'all don't have a schedule listed on here? Never mind. I get it. You're trying to be like us last year: Flyin' under the radar. I think it may be too late for that. I mean, my goodness, look who you say you've beaten... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Why would you even want to be in this Top 20? If it's to get your school or players some recognition I'd suggest putting your schedule and roster on here and playing some real good AA (AC, Knox Catholic) and Nashville-area AAA teams (of course, you may be avoiding FR, but you can bet your sweet bippy that the State, again, goes thru them in DII). On the other hand, y'all may be so good that y'all don't need to play against good, competitive teams. Guess we'll see 'whatcha got' soon enough anyway, though, huh?

You have figured us out. We are trying to fly under the radar. Our schedule is so hidden! It is listed on our website

(www.hutchisonschool.org) along with the results and it is posted (required by every school) on the TSSAA website. You can complain and moan all you want to about us not coming there. Tell me how many of teams ever come here? Even if we have not played them does not mean that we are not good or that we have played weak competition.

Do you want to be on the schedule next year? We are not ducking you! Wait, are you the coach? Go ask your coach if they want to be on our schedule next year and then get back with me.

See you and your "Sweet Bippy" in a few!

I guess I am not the expert afterall. I am as shocked as you are.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens in the state tournament. Unfortunately, 3 of the top 10 teams in the state will not be given the opportunity to get out of their district. District 11AAA that is! Think about it, the 5th place team in that district could realisticly win every other district in the state. Just goes to show how being able to afford to play club really pays off.

For the first time that I can recall, I have to say I agree with you 100% on everything you said.................... well except maybe the little jab about "being able to afford to play club...", so I guess maybe I agree about 99%. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

You have figured us out. We are trying to fly under the radar. Our schedule is so hidden! It is listed on our website

(www.hutchisonschool.org) along with the results and it is posted (required by every school) on the TSSAA website. You can complain and moan all you want to about us not coming there. Tell me how many of teams ever come here? Even if we have not played them does not mean that we are not good or that we have played weak competition.

Do you want to be on the schedule next year? We are not ducking you! Wait, are you the coach? Go ask your coach if they want to be on our schedule next year and then get back with me.

See you and your "Sweet Bippy" in a few!

Mm'yes, nice schedule. Who keeps it updated?

You must've misread. I'm not complaining that you don't come here (you've got to anyway if you make it to State, sorry!).

I asked the coach and she said, "Who?" Besides, we're just a little ole AA public school. You probably don't want to waste your time with us (Note: I'm not with Father Ryan; I just believe you'll have to deal with them if you want to win the DII title).

Hope to see ya in the 'boro...if we're both lucky (or good) enough.

For the first time that I can recall, I have to say I agree with you 100% on everything you said.................... well except maybe the little jab about "being able to afford to play club...", so I guess maybe I agree about 99%. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I must admit that I am flattered that you agree with me. I tend to agree with your comments for the most part.

I think you also agree with me regarding the club thing. Face it. Those high school teams that have the highest percentage of players that play club, are almost always the better team. And, the people who play club usually come from the higher income based areas. Ask Impact what percentage of their players come from Antioch or metro Nashville (answer -almost none). Most of their players come from the wealthier parts of town- Brentwood, Franklin, Murfreesboro and other similar towns. In other words.......... where the money is. This sport is kind of like tennis and golf. We should start our own volleyball country clubs and all sit around and sip wine and talk about our investments while our children play a little volleyball at the "club".

Of course there are exceptions to the rule. Like Anderson County and other areas that do have good middle school programs and good high school coaches that go out of their way and provide instrucion outside of their structured high school season.

Now, I think I have cleared it up for you and you can go ahead and say you agree 100% with the CAT!

I must admit that I am flattered that you agree with me. I tend to agree with your comments for the most part.

I think you also agree with me regarding the club thing. Face it. Those high school teams that have the highest percentage of players that play club, are almost always the better team. And, the people who play club usually come from the higher income based areas. Ask Impact what percentage of their players come from Antioch or metro Nashville (answer -almost none). Most of their players come from the wealthier parts of town- Brentwood, Franklin, Murfreesboro and other similar towns. In other words.......... where the money is. This sport is kind of like tennis and golf. We should start our own volleyball country clubs and all sit around and sip wine and talk about our investments while our children play a little volleyball at the "club".

Of course there are exceptions to the rule. Like Anderson County and other areas that do have good middle school programs and good high school coaches that go out of their way and provide instrucion outside of their structured high school season.

Now, I think I have cleared it up for you and you can go ahead and say you agree 100% with the CAT!

Dang, as much as it hurts, I even agree with you!

I love the country club analogy. I mean, look at Hutchison ( /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ). Before you know it, teams will be wearing plaid spandex! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />