Volleyball state rankings?

Roba22

Jeez, Mom, BB has you at #6 up top, and picked you for the final at Blackman, where do want to be?

Peace

Now let's not attack Centennialmom on her first post. bb didn't overlook us but others have. Some teams have deceptive records and get overlooked solely because of their more challenging competition. Some of the best teams get left out because of the district and region arrangements. Ravenwood, Franklin, Indy, and maybe even Hillsboro - all teams that didn't even make it out of their own district - could contend with the top teams in Tennessee. Not complaining though; those of us from District 11 should pride ourselves on having the best teams in the state!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All nine still alive. Had Centennial in there weeks ago. They get the job done. Three state champions will come from this list!

1.HUTCHISON (they must be good,just ask chosen)

2.BRENTWOOD

3.D-BENNETT (hear they have some players out)

4.FATHER RYAN

5.OOLTEWAH

6.CENTENNIAL

7.GREENBRIER

8.SCIENCE HILL

9.GPS

Science Hill disappointed the poll, but USC was ranked # 1in football at one time. Science Hill is out and GPS or Hutchison will bow out today, otherwise... 7 of nine still kicking!!!

Science Hill disappointed the poll, but USC was ranked # 1in football at one time. Science Hill is out and GPS or Hutchison will bow out today, otherwise... 7 of nine still kicking!!!

OK I'm still bragging on this list from a few weeks ago. Got weak and Put in Science Hill sight unseen but the others all made me look like a sage. Great year to all...hate to see it end. Aloha until we meet again. Loud and proud as always.

Who is the top team in Tennessee now that we have seen the State? Brentwood, GPS, Greenbrier, Hardening

Just watched all these teams: With 18 years of watching my kids in club, HS, and College I'm only stating my guesses with some history of knowledge. However bad or good it is.

#1 is GPS five solid Hitters, Fast, good Def, tough servers, good passers.

#2 is Brentwood Good size, nice ball control, very seasoned.

#3 is Father Ryan good chemistry with highly seasoned team.

#4 is Greenbrier big size, good setter nice chemistry.

#5 is Ooltewah strong middles, good setter, nice Libero.

#6 is Centennial Good outside hitters, good middles.

Who is the top team in Tennessee now that we have seen the State? Brentwood, GPS, Greenbrier, Hardening

Just watched all these teams: With 18 years of watching my kids in club, HS, and College I'm only stating my guesses with some history of knowledge. However bad or good it is.

#1 is GPS five solid Hitters, Fast, good Def, tough servers, good passers.

#2 is Brentwood Good size, nice ball control, very seasoned.

#3 is Father Ryan good chemistry with highly seasoned team.

#4 is Greenbrier big size, good setter nice chemistry.

#5 is Ooltewah strong middles, good setter, nice Libero.

#6 is Centennial Good outside hitters, good middles.

Good 6. However, I don't think we'd (#4) necessarily be ranked ahead of Ooltewah (FR either). They looked awesome (very strong!) every time I saw them at State. Also, we lost to Centennial in our last regular season match, so...

Just my .02?.

Guest TheChosenOne

The arguments could be made in several different directions of who should be ahead of who, but there is no way to determine that anymore.

Maybe a better topic to move to is, WHO ARE THE TOP TEN TEAMS FOR NEXT YEAR?

I cant speak for the the publics, but here is what I can offer for the DII AA schools

GPS -- looks like they will still be loaded by losing only three seniors

RYAN-- I think they lose four seniors? Losing their setter will be tough, but I am sure they have another one waiting in the wings.

Hutchison -- probably the odds on favorite to repeat out of the West Region. The setter will be a seasoned veteran as a ninth grader after starting as an eight grader. Lose six seniors, which sounds like a lot, but their core group of starters and have some youth that should make them better as a whole.

St. Benedict -- I believe they return most of their kids and should be a factor again. Veteran setter and some good youth.

Harpeth Hall -- always a well coached team that figures to be in the mix year in and year out.

ECS -- losing Swindell hurts them a lot. I am sure that they will still remain one of the top teams in the West as they always have good athletes.

Briarcrest -- good athletes and players, but they seemed to have no chemistry or desire. Have the potential to be dangerous.

Baylor -- I know nothing about Baylor

My prediction is that GPS, RYAN, and HUTCH will be major factors in every tournament that they play in next year capped off by the Big Show in the BORO.

My turn

1) Girls Prep School -Chattanooga

2) Brentwood -Williamson County/Nashville area

3) Ooltewah -Chattanooga area

4) Father Ryan -Nashville

5) Hutchinson -Memphis

6) Centennial -Williamson County/Nashville area

7) Greenbrier -Nashville area

8) Dobynns-Bennet -Kingsport/Knoxville area

9) Ravenwood -Williamson County/Nashville area

10) Science Hill -Johnson City/Knoxville area

Not sure where Harding would fall into the mix, as I know nothing about them except they're from Memphis

Franklin, Independence, Page, Anderson Co., (Knoxville) Catholic, and Hillsboro could be in the top 20

But of course the results could be drastically different depending on who was playing well that day.

I'm basing this on

1) Performance at State

2) Seasonal match results

3) Best top-level performance on a certain day

4) Consistency within the individual games

By the way that was for this past season, not next year...we'll get to that

My turn

1) Girls Prep School -Chattanooga

2) Brentwood -Williamson County/Nashville area

3) Ooltewah -Chattanooga area

4) Father Ryan -Nashville

5) Hutchinson -Memphis

6) Centennial -Williamson County/Nashville area

7) Greenbrier -Nashville area

8) Dobynns-Bennet -Kingsport/Knoxville area

9) Ravenwood -Williamson County/Nashville area

10) Science Hill -Johnson City/Knoxville area

Not sure where Harding would fall into the mix, as I know nothing about them except they're from Memphis

Franklin, Independence, Page, Anderson Co., (Knoxville) Catholic, and Hillsboro could be in the top 20

But of course the results could be drastically different depending on who was playing well that day.

I'm basing this on

1) Performance at State

2) Seasonal match results

3) Best top-level performance on a certain day

4) Consistency within the individual games

By the way that was for this past season, not next year...we'll get to that

Harding can hang with all the other state champions from this season - indeed, a worthy 4 teams. How they stack for next year is an unknown to me.. don't know enough about their senior class and underclassmen. All I know is that when I saw them in the regular season, they were playing exceptional volleyball. Should be a (the?) major DII-A power for years.