Volleyball state rankings?

Roba22

Fan of the game. My favorite teams are Cookeville and Culleoka. Knoxville Catholic was an oversight. I would like to see a Greenbrier/Culleoka matchup before I brought Greenbrier into the top 20 mix.

My goodness, you are very confident. So were exactly is Culleoka? Have not heard of them.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fan of the game. My favorite teams are Cookeville and Culleoka. Knoxville Catholic was an oversight. I would like to see a Greenbrier/Culleoka matchup before I brought Greenbrier into the top 20 mix.

Speaking of Cookeville, have you heard anything about that middle they had last year, I think she went to Carson-Newman, is she playing much this year??

You should change your user name to 'Mr. Funnyman.' 'Cause that's funny...real funny! We'd love to play...is it, Culleokar? Where have they been hiding? /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> Haven't seen them in any of the tourneys. Are you the one that updates their schedule? Doesn't look like they play a lot of top 20 teams...to be in the 'catuballer Top 20.' /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> You must've used some algorithmic BCS-like formular to have come up with such a...(clear throat)...ranking.

Go Lady Cats!

*One game at a time.

Speaking of Cookeville, have you heard anything about that middle they had last year, I think she went to Carson-Newman, is she playing much this year??

Her name is Nikki James. I hear she is playing basketball and volleyball there. I just went on their website and she must be playing a lot, because she leads her team in blocks - by far - and their team isn"t too shabby (15-3). No surprise to Catu - called that a long time ago.

OK, after further review and a little criticsim, here is the revised catuballer top 20:

1. Brentwood

2. Ravenwood

3. Franklin

4. Father Ryan

5. Centennial

6. Knoxville Catholic

7. Harding Academy

8. Anderson County

9. Harpeth Hall

10. Ooltewah

11. Greenbrier

12. Independence

13. Cookeville

14. DB

15. Brentwood JV

16. Soddy Daisy

17. Germantown

18. Bartlett

19. Riverdale

20. GPS

Others Receiving votes: Siegel, Smyrna, Lebanon, Blackman, Culleoka, Notre Dame, Sullivan South, Eagleville, Farragut, Page Middle School, Page

I will adjust based on legitimate issues (Records and head to head competition) Unfortunately, reporting to coacht is weak...................

Hang in there Catuballer.....nothing like a Ranking of teams to get everyone excited (agitated). /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Call mjuhb on the soccer board for some tips.....He's been doing it for a while and he still gets ripped.

OK, after further review and a little criticsim, here is the revised catuballer top 20:

1. Brentwood

2. Ravenwood

3. Franklin

4. Father Ryan

5. Centennial

6. Knoxville Catholic

7. Harding Academy

8. Anderson County

9. Harpeth Hall

10. Ooltewah

11. Greenbrier

12. Independence

13. Cookeville

14. DB

15. Brentwood JV

16. Soddy Daisy

17. Germantown

18. Bartlett

19. Riverdale

20. GPS

Others Receiving votes: Siegel, Smyrna, Lebanon, Blackman, Culleoka, Notre Dame, Sullivan South, Eagleville, Farragut, Page Middle School, Page

I will adjust based on legitimate issues (Records and head to head competition) Unfortunately, reporting to coacht is weak...................

Hang in there Catuballer.....nothing like a Ranking of teams to get everyone excited (agitated). /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Call mjuhb on the soccer board for some tips.....He's been doing it for a while and he still gets ripped.

Thank you for the encouraging words. Any input?

Nah, I'll let "THE CHOSEN ONE" rip you on the no Hutchison sighting on the list. Of course, it may come from the Magician or BigDaddy and may even be from all 3 on the same post, but we'll never know. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> BUT, they will love that you have Brentwood #1 and Brentwood JV at #15.

I will say that you are very brave to attempt this listing....kinda like the College Football rankings though, as it is very difficult to rank across the different classes and DI & DII Privates plus across 3 different state divides. Look at it this way though, you got the process started, now you will get the input from EVERYONE remotely involved with volleyball stating a case for their team and a case against the others. Only on CoachT....Good Job. Sit back and watch now. I can safely say that USJ does not belong on the list this year.

Others Receiving votes: Eagleville, Page Middle School, Page

I assume you are ranking Eagleville ahead of Page even though Page has beaten Eagleville 3 times head-to-head. Get serious.

Catuballer,

I appreciate your courage in putting together rankings and no, I don't expect to see Wilson Central on them. Rankings are always good for lively discussion and a laugh or two...

I am one of those folks, though, who think it's totally inappropriate to add Brentwood's JV team to any serious ranking of teams /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Here's the state listing off of > (this time I censored myself to save CoachT time /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Top 10

1. Brentwood

2. GPS

3. Fr. Ryan

4. Ooltewah

5. Independence

6. Franklin

7. Centennial

8. Brentwood Academy

9. Greenbrier

Next 10

11. Ravenwood

12. Cookeville

13. Siegel

14. DCA

15. Morristown-Hamblen

16. Smyrna

17. AC

18. Walker Valley

19. Good Pasture

20. KC

Now, don't kill the messenger...like I said, this came off of a national website and I believe is compiled from scores (win/loss) reported from sites like Coach T. I guess this is why it's important for you to add your scores to the scoreboard every night. I can't post the site name here (every time I do it's deleted--or replaced with > but they explain that their rankings are based:

HOW IT WORKS!

(A brief explanation of the factors that affect the unapproved website Rankings system...)

unapproved website uses a computer program to determine team rank. We do not poll coaches, sportswriters, or fans. Nor does our staff make any judgments on the merits of any individual team. Prior season history, school size, and comments on message boards are not considered in the unapproved website rankings.

The system utilizes the huge number of game results stored in the unapproved website database. Generally, the more a team wins the higher the ranking, but the system takes into account quality wins (against other highly ranked opponents) and strength of schedule.

For example, a team's ranking is hurt more by losing to a team that is ranked below them verses a team ranked ahead.

Other factors that will affect the rankings are times when unapproved website has incomplete or inaccurate information. We will correct errors when they are reported to us. If we are missing a score, report it to us on the team's unapproved website page. If we are missing a game on the schedule, send us a correction request.

Generally, the more games that are played the more accurate the rankings, so if a team that you perceive as being very strong has played substantially fewer games than other ranked teams it may reflect the fact that we have less data to work with.

I'm not saying it's correct, just what I found on my trip around the web. Not sure how they get the games but all mine are in there and correct. Since I only load them into CoachT they must spider this site to get the information.

Well, in my oppion the rankings you have should be rearranged to this order...

1. Brentwood

2. Dobyns Bennett

3. Ootlewah

4. Father Ryan

5. Anderson County

6. Faragut

7. Morristown East

8. Independence

9. Franklin

10. Science Hill

11. Cookeville

12. Knox Catholic

13. East Ridge

14. Soddy Daisy

15.German town

My reasoning on this list is by play alone. Dobyns Bennett has been beaten by Brentwood @ Team camp and haven't faced them sense this July. DB beat Ootlewah in quater finals of the Chattanooga Choo Choo Tournament along with beating Father Ryan in the finals. Also, Morristown East, Cookeville, East Ridge, Soddy Daisy they have all been beaten by DB this season too. Dobyns Bennet has a record of 32-4. Thats just my oppion based on the tournaments and such so I don't believe the teams from the East side of Tennessee including Science Hill should not be overlooked or underestimated.