Volleyball state rankings?

Roba22

OK, after further review and a little criticsim, here is the revised catuballer top 20:

1. Brentwood

2. Ravenwood

3. Franklin

4. Father Ryan

5. Centennial

6. Knoxville Catholic

7. Harding Academy

8. Anderson County

9. Harpeth Hall

10. Ooltewah

11. Greenbrier

12. Independence

13. Cookeville

14. DB

15. Brentwood JV

16. Soddy Daisy

17. Germantown

18. Bartlett

19. Riverdale

20. GPS

Others Receiving votes: Siegel, Smyrna, Lebanon, Blackman, Culleoka, Notre Dame, Sullivan South, Eagleville, Farragut, Page Middle School, Page

I will adjust based on legitimate issues (Records and head to head competition) Unfortunately, reporting to coacht is weak...................

Stop, please quit guessing! Do you really think people believe what you post? What an insult - you listed a JV team into top 20! From this point forward, anything you post can I will only take with a grain of salt. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I think Mr./Mrs./Ms. catu-whatever is a politician now, Brentwood's JV listing could be legit. Have you seen them play? I have. And they are better than some varsity teams listed. How serious am I? I'd bet something of real value that they'd kill/destroy/annihilate/beat Culleoka right now. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I will say that you are very brave to attempt this listing....kinda like the College Football rankings though, as it is very difficult to rank across the different classes and DI & DII Privates plus across 3 different state divides. Look at it this way though, you got the process started, now you will get the input from EVERYONE remotely involved with volleyball stating a case for their team and a case against the others. Only on CoachT....Good Job. Sit back and watch now. I can safely say that USJ does not belong on the list this year.

Tons of fun, this is why the BSC football brings in soo much input!!!(IE ARGUMENTS) We all have our opinions, so...

1.HUTCHISON (they must be good,just ask chosen)

2.BRENTWOOD

3.D-BENNETT (hear they have some players out)

4.FATHER RYAN

5.OOLTEWAH

6.CENTENNIAL

7.GREENBRIER

8.SCIENCE HILL

9.GPS

10.INDEPENDENCE

11.A/C

12.RAVENWOOD

13.COOKEVILLE

14.RED BANK

15.HARPETH HALL

16.KNOX CATHOLIC

17.ST BENEDICT

18.BRIARCREST

19.SODDY-DAISY

20.HARDING

21. FRANKLIN

I believe that the selections might be a little clearer after the event at Blackman and Siegel this weekend. many of these teams have blayed at the Bash and Father Ryan and will play at the Midstate this weekend. Its obvious there are some clear choices. There are some great teams coming out of district 11 but if the criteria is to get to state, only two will survive. That District tournament will be something. District 7AAA will be closer than one might think as Cookeville is the choice but second place will be close between Blackman and Siegel. District 9AAA will be between Smyrna, Wilson and Mt. Juliet. OOtlewah should easily come out of Chattanooga with the second team to be named. Sullivan south will likely come out of the East and Collierville, I believe will come out of West.

As for as what I have seen, Division II is Father Ryan with their consistancy. No one else I have seen plays with the determination and consistancy as does this team in II.

Now the most difficult Division is AA. it is a fight with good teams, some of which can beat most of the AAA teams. Greenbriar has looked very good. KC and AC will always look good. ER and another team to be named are good out of Chattanooga and Page and Eagleville will be competitive. hard to tell who out of West Tennessee will compete for AA.

All of the above means nothing since the title of the thread is the best teams in the state regardless of division.

Four of the teams and maybe 5 will come out of district 11AAA. One will come out of 7AAA. Greenbriar, AC, KCand a couple teams in chattanooga should be on the list. One team fom Knoxville AAA should be on the list and one team out of West Tennessee. Division !! will have Ryan, two teams from memphis and two teams from Chatttanooga. Thats 119 teams. You pick the names and their ranking. Oh by the way, there will be another team. It will be a Cinderella team that peaks just at the right time and deserved the ranking all along. Could be your team.

Her name is Nikki James. I hear she is playing basketball and volleyball there. I just went on their website and she must be playing a lot, because she leads her team in blocks - by far - and their team isn"t too shabby (15-3). No surprise to Catu - called that a long time ago.

Yes, you did! I believe it was 2 years ago during the Mid-Tenn Classic at Blacman....I mean after. My bad, it was her Dad that I was talking to "during" the tournamnet.

Sorry to say.. but South isn't at all good this year they are ranked like 5th or 6th in Conference play... They dominatd last year due to having 6 seniors including their great setter whitney cogburn..but they all graduated and are young with only a few seniors like 2 or so...so I don't believe they will be coming out of the eastern region this year it would be a major upset to that whole conference if they did

i would just like to add that St. Benedict beat Hutchison once, so the Sting may not need to be at the TOP of the list. They do deserve credit--their coach is amazing and always puts together an outstanding team. I think it's a rough job to try and complile a top 20 from all across the state! Kudos on the attempt.

Tons of fun, this is why the BSC football brings in soo much input!!!(IE ARGUMENTS) We all have our opinions, so...

1.HUTCHISON (they must be good,just ask chosen)

2.BRENTWOOD

3.D-BENNETT (hear they have some players out)

4.FATHER RYAN

5.OOLTEWAH

6.CENTENNIAL

7.GREENBRIER

8.SCIENCE HILL

9.GPS

10.INDEPENDENCE

11.A/C

12.RAVENWOOD

13.COOKEVILLE

14.RED BANK

15.HARPETH HALL

16.KNOX CATHOLIC

17.ST BENEDICT

18.BRIARCREST

19.SODDY-DAISY

20.HARDING

21. FRANKLIN

This one seems to be more realistic. Thanks Bracket Boy.

Guest TheChosenOne

i would just like to add that St. Benedict beat Hutchison once, so the Sting may not need to be at the TOP of the list. They do deserve credit--their coach is amazing and always puts together an outstanding team. I think it's a rough job to try and complile a top 20 from all across the state! Kudos on the attempt.

Your right, Benedict did beat Hutchison in five games. Do you remember the other two times the Hutchison beat St. Benedict?

I am not saying Hutchison should be number one, but they have to be at the top when talking teams out of Memphis. Father Ryan and GPS have proven themselves so they probably deserve to be at the top until proven otherwise. The privates in Memphis are far better than the publics...head to head prove that.

Yes, you did! I believe it was 2 years ago during the Mid-Tenn Classic at Blacman....I mean after. My bad, it was her Dad that I was talking to "during" the tournamnet.

Sorry, I was not there. You have me confused with someone else. I do not live in Cookeville, nor am I related to anyone from Cookeville. I follow them and think their Junior this year is the best player in the state. She will be an SEC player - or comparable conference.

I would like to see Georgetown (KY) play Carson-Newman. That should be a good game. What do you think?

I would like to see Georgetown (KY) play Carson-Newman. That should be a good game. What do you think?

Definitely agree that it would be a very good game! Maybe here in the near future. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I know CN played King College early in the year and beat them 3-0. Gtown is playing in a tournament at King, this weekend.

Sorry to say.. but South isn't at all good this year they are ranked like 5th or 6th in Conference play... They dominatd last year due to having 6 seniors including their great setter whitney cogburn..but they all graduated and are young with only a few seniors like 2 or so...so I don't believe they will be coming out of the eastern region this year it would be a major upset to that whole conference if they did

South is not 5th or 6th they finished 3rd. Would not be a major upset if they come out of the confrence. Science Hill is not looking that swift in the past few games. Central went 5 with science hill last week. South has went five with DB real early in the year. Science Hill beat DB. I would say DB and Science Hill are favored, but no earth shattering upset if one of them gets beat. UT winning out the rest of the year in football would be a major upset. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />