Volleyball state rankings?

Roba22

Dang, as much as it hurts, I even agree with you!

I love the country club analogy. I mean, look at Hutchison ( /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ). Before you know it, teams will be wearing plaid spandex! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Whew...5Sport. I sure am glad somebody had the forethought to build the Oak Hills country club in Greenbrier. I don't know where all the Greenbrier people would go to "sip wine" if we didn't. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew...5Sport. I sure am glad somebody had the forethought to build the Oak Hills country club in Greenbrier. I don't know where all the Greenbrier people would go to "sip wine" if we didn't. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And since D.B. took over the management of it, I felt sure he'd have built us an outdoor v'ball court by now. Where's all that $ going? To the wine cellar? Who woulda thunk it?

No worries Vballdaddy, you are a classy poster, I know you mean no harm. The Coach is Jitka Okolicany.

Harp,... Like I said..again.... I nor we are claiming to be number one. I was just saying that people are not going to call you cinderella when you have won that many games. We are very well aware that Father Ryan, GPS, HH, etc are very good teams from the mid-state (I know they are all privates, but that is who is in our division), but based on results of common opponents I think that we could very well compete and have a chance to be in the mix with all of those teams. You are right, we did not come to the mid-state this year. We went out of state for one tournament and we had scheduled to play in one of the tournaments around Nashville, but we had a school conflict that would not allow us to come.

All I originally set out to do was to put Hutchison in the top 20 poll. I only get defensive of our kids when people want to try to discredit what they have done by either false accusations or by telling only half the story. There is too much finger pointing on this side of the state, and I could not expect anyone outside of this area to understand that.

Hutchison has won the big games and definitely desreves to be in the top 20, even the top 10. No one who's seen their schedule or a game can dispute that. I am actually a little shocked that people don't know who their coach is; she is highly respected in this area and has built a solid club program here in Memphis that has been beneficial to the level of competition here. (we can definitely agree on all of that)

Best of luck to you in the 'boro this year; make sure you take the girls to Opry Mills when you get a chance--super fun shopping.

Guest TheChosenOne

Hutchison has won the big games and definitely desreves to be in the top 20, even the top 10. No one who's seen their schedule or a game can dispute that. I am actually a little shocked that people don't know who their coach is; she is highly respected in this area and has built a solid club program here in Memphis that has been beneficial to the level of competition here. (we can definitely agree on all of that)

Best of luck to you in the 'boro this year; make sure you take the girls to Opry Mills when you get a chance--super fun shopping.

Thanks, but we will worry about The Regional first. Must take care of business there first. If we make it to the 'boro, I am sure we will not be worried about shopping, for that can be done anytime. Best of luck to everyone the next few weeks!

KYDigs makes a good point. If Lafayette is 4th in their district in Lexington, KY, then they must be very very weak. Lexington still has not come up to par with Northern KY and Louisville. Middle Tennessee is more comparable to Northern Kentucky teams (Notre Dame is the exception as they would crush all TN teams) So, if AC and Knox Cath only beat them in 3, then they must not be that good. So, I may have to rethink the top 20.

At 26-11 this year's Lafayette team is not on par with last year's final four team but far from weak.

Lexington's best teams are definitely on a par with the best PUBLIC school teams from Louisville and Northern KY. Still no match for the Louisville privates who are still a couple of notches above the NKY privates. Lafayette did beat Science Hill in the Empire Classic ( Ranked 94th in PrepVolloeyball Top 100 at the time). The two losses to Dobyns-Bennett were hard fought and very close. I would certainly put both Science Hill and Dobyns-Bennett up against the best Nashville-Area teams we played in 2005 and 2006. (Lavergne, Siegel in 2006; Centennial and Independence in 2005) We have always enjoyed our experiences playing in TN the past 4 seasons and love to have Anderson Co. come and play in the Lafayette Invitational. Good luck to all as your state playoffs approach.

The coaches in KY just released their 2nd Top 20 Poll of the season as we head into the district playoffs and it is populated with the usual suspects. It's nice having the poll even if it's just for the sake of arguments.

KVCA High School Volleyball Top 25 Coaches Poll

2007 POLL #2: October 5, 2007

Rank School Points Last Poll

1 Assumption 392 1 (Louisville Private)

2 Mercy 382 2 (Louisville Private)

3 Sacred Heart 376 3 (Louisville Private)

4 Notre Dame 326 6 (NKY Private)

5 Holy Cross (Louisville) 325 5 (Louisville Private)

6 Newport Central Catholic 302 4 (NKY Private)

7 Henry Clay 273 T-11 (Lexington Public)

8 DuPont Manual 269 8 (Louisville Public)

9 Presentation 252 7 (Louisville Private)

10 St. Henry District 216 T-11 (NKY Private)

11 Paul Dunbar 206 14 (Lexington Public) Beat Anderson Co., TN in Lafayette's Tournament

12 Owensboro Catholic 200 T-9 (WKY Private)

13 Ryle 199 T-9 (NKY Public)

14 Boone County 172 T-11(NKY Public)

15 Greenwood 135 18 (WKY Public) Lost to Independence, Ravenwood, and Franklin in Ravenwood Tournament

T-16 Ballard 111 19 (Louisville Public)

T-16 Butler 111 15 (Louisville Public)

18 South Oldham 100 25 (Louisville Area Public)

T-19 Beechwood 98 16 (NKY Public)

T-19 Lafayette 98 17 (Lexington Public) Beat Science Hill, Lost to Dobyns-Bennett twice

21 Holy Cross (Covington) 73 NR (NKY Private)

22 Campbell County 64 NR (NKY Public)

23 Tates Creek 54 20 (Lexington Public)

24 South Laurel 41 NR (Southern KY Public) Only real rural representative on list

25 Simon Kenton 39 T-21 (NKY Public)

** Poll voted on by KVCA member varsity head coaches

** Poll conducted and distributed by the Kentucky Volleyball Coaches Association

Some of you people are sounding like little jealous children telling secrets on the school playground! Please grow up! If you can't stay on the topic and say something worth reading then please try to refrain yourselves, I'd really be embarrassed to let my daughter see this topic and then see how all the "grown-ups" respond to each other.

Some of you people are sounding like little jealous children telling secrets on the school playground! Please grow up! If you can't stay on the topic and say something worth reading then please try to refrain yourselves, I'd really be embarrassed to let my daughter see this topic and then see how all the "grown-ups" respond to each other.

meightkesmecreightzy? I don't get it...

Loosen up, dude! Are you from the gr8 st8 of TN, m8? (I'm Australian... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> )

Sorry! I couldn't help myself.

Guest TheChosenOne

meightkesmecreightzy? I don't get it...

Loosen up, dude! Are you from the gr8 st8 of TN, m8? (I'm Australian... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> )

Sorry! I couldn't help myself.

No, m8 is from California thus the reason that he/she posts on the Tennessee Volleyball forum.

M8, I think I understand the name. Identity revealed...haha..it makes sense. Best of luck to your daughter as we hit the home stretch.

Someone give this person some cheese to go with his/her WINE! And, by the way, I am heading to the volleyball country club. Shall you join me?

Someone give this person some cheese to go with his/her WINE! And, by the way, I am heading to the volleyball country club. Shall you join me?

He he. I love that line (cheese and wine). /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No, m8 is from California thus the reason that he/she posts on the Tennessee Volleyball forum.

M8, I think I understand the name. Identity revealed...haha..it makes sense. Best of luck to your daughter as we hit the home stretch.

Chosen One...I am impressed! You figured me out!!! haha I think the name is pretty clever myself! Thanks and we appreciate your support! You ARE smarter than the average poster!!!! hehe