District 11-AAA Quad Matches for Tues., Oct 2

PageMan

Here is how the top 5 look going into these final regular season district quad matches:

1 Brentwood.......11-1

2 Centennial.........9-3

3 Ravenwood........8-4

4 Independence....7-5 (IHS has 2 wins over Franklin head-to-head)

5 Franklin.............7-5

Final quad matches:

At Independence:

4:00 PM - Independence vs Ravenwood and Brentwood vs Hillwood

5:30 PM - Independence vs Hillwood and Brentwood vs Ravenwood

At Centennial:

?:?? PM - Centennial vs Hillsboro and Franklin vs Overton

?:?? PM - Centennial vs Overton and Franklin vs Hillsboro

The best matches of the day will be at Independence at 4 PM with IHS facing Ravenwood and at 5:30 PM with Brentwood facing Ravenwood. I would think that the other matches at both sites should go to the higher ranked teams.

Here is what I believe to the the final district standings:

Note that I am unsure of some matches involving Hillsboro, Overton, and Hillwood and I have made some assumptions regarding those matches:

1 Brentwoood........13-1

2 Centennial..........11-3

3 Franklin...............9-5 (Franklin beat Ravenwood twice head-to-head)

4 Ravenwood..........9-5

5 Independence......8-6

6 Hillsboro..............3-11

7 Overton...............2-12

8 Hillwood...............1-13

These standings are unofficial and may not be absolutely correct

The district tournament will be at Hillsboro.

Here is what I believe to the the final district standings:Note that I am unsure of some matches involving Hillsboro, Overton, and Hillwood and I have made some assumptions regarding those matches:1 Brentwoood........13-12 Centennial..........11-33 Franklin...............9-5 (Franklin beat Ravenwood twice head-to-head)4 Ravenwood..........9-55 Independence......8-66 Hillsboro..............3-117 Overton...............2-128 Hillwood...............1-13These standings are unofficial and may not be absolutely correctThe district tournament will be at Hillsboro.

This tournament will be an absolute nail biter. Like a state final atmosphere, especially in the semifinals...

This tournament will be an absolute nail biter. Like a state final atmosphere, especially in the semifinals...

Nail biter...?????? The teams are playing for 2nd. Its a shame that the teams 2nd-5th would win ALL the other AAA districts in Middle TN. I mean 4th and 5th are Independence and Ravenwood. Both of these teams are great but neither will get out of their district. I would really like to see TSSAA split this district up differently.

Good Luck to all these teams. Next Thursday should be a dandy!!

Nail biter...?????? The teams are playing for 2nd. Its a shame that the teams 2nd-5th would win ALL the other AAA districts in Middle TN. I mean 4th and 5th are Independence and Ravenwood. Both of these teams are great but neither will get out of their district. I would really like to see TSSAA split this district up differently.

Good Luck to all these teams. Next Thursday should be a dandy!!

We'll see who is playing for second when the ball is in the air. I stand by the nail biter statement. Whomever gets ot will win this and the rest will hope for 2nd. Truly any of the top 5 can win this deal, i'm not sure any of them can win state.

I have not seen the official bracket for the district tournament, but the TSSAA web site shows the dates of Wed., Oct. 10 and Thurs., Oct 11. I assume that the 4 Quarter-Finals will be played on Wed and the Semi-Finals and Finals will be played on Thurs. I am not sure of the actual start times on Wed. as it depends if Hillsboro will have 2 courts set up or 1. I would guess that play will start at 4 PM on Wed, but I don't know that for sure. Hopefully, there will be info in "The Tennessean" about all the district tournaments.

We'll see who is playing for second when the ball is in the air. I stand by the nail biter statement. Whomever gets ot will win this and the rest will hope for 2nd. Truly any of the top 5 can win this deal, i'm not sure any of them can win state.

I think that 1 of these 5 teams can win the AAA State. The other 4 could on their best day get very lucky win the State. Trust me I am not a Brentwood fan or supporter. That team is just better than the other schools in that district. They know how to beat the other schools, and they have done it about 99% of the time. The Ravenwood/Independence matchup on Weds should be stellar. Two very evenly matched teams. Then what? You have to play Brentwood and then you season is over. Hardly seems fair!

This is just my opinion, so I dont mean to hurt anyone's feelings. Im really just telling it like it is though.

I would really like to see TSSAA split this district up differently.

I wish, harpua. Likely will never happen though, simply because they're all AAA and from the same county. If they were from different counties, it'd be possible. If WCS keeps building schools and knocks a few down to A-AA (highly unlikely), maybe then. Sadly, for the schools in this district, it's going to keep being a hard road to travel.

I wouldn't count anyone out of this district so quick. I expect every team to lay EVERYTHING on the line, as it's put out or go home. Going to be a heated atmosphere with all the desire to survive.

This is what October is all about. Should be fantastic!

Holy Moly -- upsets in 11AAA last night???

Ravenwood takes Independence in 5 games with the score of game 5 --- 15 -1 ???

Hillsboro takes Franklin in 5 ??

Ravenwood plays Brentwood tonight at 5pm -- since my team doesn't play again until Regions on Monday night, I plan to be at that game...anyone care to join me? /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I wish, harpua. Likely will never happen though, simply because they're all AAA and from the same county. If they were from different counties, it'd be possible. If WCS keeps building schools and knocks a few down to A-AA (highly unlikely), maybe then. Sadly, for the schools in this district, it's going to keep being a hard road to travel.

I wouldn't count anyone out of this district so quick. I expect every team to lay EVERYTHING on the line, as it's put out or go home. Going to be a heated atmosphere with all the desire to survive.

This is what October is all about. Should be fantastic!

Rutherford County's AAA schools are split into two different districts. What would be the difference?