State and Regions?

jusdontno

My son is running cross country. He has recently had 3 top 10 finishes in various meets. Most of the schools from our area compete in all the same meets and people have informed me that the top 10 finishers from a region? qualify for state. I have looked on TSSAA Website and see dates, etc, but my questions is:

Is there a listing of regions for cross country and what is criteria for qualifying for state tournament--is it top 10 in region. The schedule has the region scheduled for Oct 26 and stae Nov 3.

Any information would be helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

also i was wondering it is the top 10 individuals and top 3 teams but lets say school "A" is in the top 3 teams do all of their runners go to state or after their top 5-7 runners do runners 8-30 or whatever count towards the top 10 individuals??

thanks

Teams submit an entry list of up to 10 runners to the regional meet. Seven of those ten may run in the region. If the team qualifies for state any seven of those 10 runners may run at the state meet for that team. The other 3 runners will not run at state or any runners they have more than 10 will not run either. In addition the top ten places at the region qualify for the state as individuals. If for example all of the top 10 happen to be on one of the top 3 teams then there would be no other individual qualifiers