Georgia vs Tennessee

ERA

The Tennessee Vols have their work cut out for them this week. After all, with Tennessee hitting rock bottom against Florida in the Swamp and playing Georgia at Neyland Stadium, those 108,000 home fans might can help squeeze out a win.... if they show up! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tennessee Vols have their work cut out for them this week. After all, with Tennessee hitting rock bottom against Florida in the Swamp and playing Georgia at Neyland Stadium, those 108,000 home fans might can help squeeze out a win.... if they show up! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You know ERA, for some crazy reason, I just think Tennessee wins Saturday. Maybe I'm putting too much faith in that they were able to correct some stuff in the off week, I don't know, but I honestly think they will pull it together.

However, this is Fulmer's biggest game since Florida 2001. I'd dare say this one is even bigger. A loss, and it's over.

You know ERA, for some crazy reason, I just think Tennessee wins Saturday. Maybe I'm putting too much faith in that they were able to correct some stuff in the off week, I don't know, but I honestly think they will pull it together.

However, this is Fulmer's biggest game since Florida 2001. I'd dare say this one is even bigger. A loss, and it's over.

I agree Sol, even Mark Richt is not saying anything with confidence about the game. Fulmer can possibly pull this thing out, or actually, Cutcliffe. Chaveous is another matter. I wonder what he's done to whip the defense into shape? You might actually see lighter toast... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I agree Sol, even Mark Richt is not saying anything with confidence about the game. Fulmer can possibly pull this thing out, or actually, Cutcliffe. Chaveous is another matter. I wonder what he's done to whip the defense into shape? You might actually see lighter toast... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Occasionally there are teams that just take a little while to get going. Offensively, I am close to being convinced that the pinky is a bigger problem than anyone has let on. We all say big stuff, but when push comes to shove the three most intellegent offensive minded people in the state of Tennessee are George Quarles, Norm Chow, and David Cutcliffe. He knows what he is doing and if he could throw the ball deep more often you know he would.

Kicking wise, Colquitt should be back to 100%. That will be huge on kickoffs and should help change a bit of luck and field position battle there.

Defensively, there is still the big question mark. If this defense can even halfway get it together, I think the offense as-is is good enough to carry them.

gentlemen,

need i remind you of coach (saint) richt's away record? need i remind you of how the away team has won the past couple of years. the running game for uga is quickly solidifying. the passing game is always a threat. the uga defense (at times) is impenetrable. it doesn't look good for the ut nation........

Oh. no need to worry, I've reminded myself of each of those facts many times the past few days. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'll said it again - I have no basis to put my prediction on besdies the fact that I think the off week is going to help solidify some stuff on the orange side of the ball.

Oh. no need to worry, I've reminded myself of each of those facts many times the past few days. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'll said it again - I have no basis to put my prediction on besdies the fact that I think the off week is going to help solidify some stuff on the orange side of the ball.

you're right. i think the bye week is important. i'm just hoping for another fumble recovery and return just before halftime like we had before......

The only thing that scare me about Georgia is the running game. What scares me more is Tennessee's defense and special team coverage. I definitely give UT a solid chance. But there are a few If's to overcome. If the defense can slow the Georgia run occasionally I don't fear their passing game. I like UT's offense against Georgia's defense. If can get through the game without GA scoring a defensive or special teams touchdown. I don't see how there could be a miracle turnaround on Defense and ST, but I am holding out optimism for enough improvement to get to mediocre. I think if UT can "step up" to mediocre play on defense and ST, the offense can produce enough to win this game.

Thank you, thank you! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Thank you, thank you! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Good call Solomon, good call!

Tennessee looked like a team that we all in the Vol nation have been wanting to see. Win or lose, if we gave that effort or anywhere in the vacinity, no Vol fans would question a single thing. As bad as I really hate to admit it, the coaches did a good job getting the Vols ready for this game, and the Vols did a good job executing and playing with that killer instinct. I hope that they will continue to do the same the rest of they way, Win or Lose.