TSSAA Rules vs. Club Practice

REGal4

I think everyones point on this is correct. I would like to see Tennessee reverse the seasons, girls in spring and boys in fall. The girls miss so many good tournaments in the fall and when they do play club in the spring we can't play in North Carolina, Alabama and Georgia because they are playing high school. Florida is the only state I know in Region 3 that allows them to do both.

BigG is correct about middle school also. I know middle schools in the Chattanooga area are members of TMSAA so alot of those girls can't play until October when middle school soccer is going.

I feel a certain amount of pride when I see my players score goals, make a big save, play some great defense or slot a ball through to complete a great run. I have always said that I have no problem with players playing high school. I think it is great to see them suit up for their school.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If one is interested in their child playing soccer in college, Tennessee needs to keep the season as is.

College season is in the fall- that is what the college coach is focused on- their season and visits to their campus from prospects.

News flash to all- high school ball results and accolades go by the radar of 90% of the college coaches.

You see college coaches rolling up to a hs game during the week? Think they are getting in a car on a weekend when they play a Friday Sunday schedule, to watch a hs game that has maybe two players to observe play against 7 or 8 others with limited soccer skills?

They have greater use of their time attending showcase events, where they can see quality teams and individuals perform in high numbers in a two to three day period.

Club and hs seasons need to stay as is. I think there better tournaments in the spring versus fall anyway-

Disney, Orange Classic, Dallas, Houston, Vegas, Indiana,New Jersey to name a few.

I agree with cleansheet1. There are advantages and disadvantages to either scenerio. If we had a Spring HS girls' season, it would create difficulties with scheduling for the guys and girls. Switch the guys season then you have even more conflict with HS football. In all, I believe that the TSSAA has it right this time, with the season and the rule about club play. Both are workable, and overall in the best interest of the girls.

I agree with cleansheet1. There are advantages and disadvantages to either scenerio. If we had a Spring HS girls' season, it would create difficulties with scheduling for the guys and girls. Switch the guys season then you have even more conflict with HS football. In all, I believe that the TSSAA has it right this time, with the season and the rule about club play. Both are workable, and overall in the best interest of the girls.

Not just scheduling... getting refs would be impossible.

i think we should do it like most of the other states guys in the fall and girls in the spring i mean the girls would love to play soccer and volleyball both and i mean really besides kickers and punters do the guys that play soccer play football not really it just seems like it would be a whole lot smarter and then the boys soccer players could play baseball as well a sport they might help there school at

BigG is correct about middle school also. I know middle schools in the Chattanooga area are members of TMSAA so alot of those girls can't play until October when middle school soccer is going.

I feel a certain amount of pride when I see my players score goals, make a big save, play some great defense or slot a ball through to complete a great run. I have always said that I have no problem with players playing high school. I think it is great to see them suit up for their school.

Sorry than TMSAA need to get their act together, but their still under TSSAA.

And your right Coach to watch two of your club players on different teams go after each during a High school or Middle school game.....well it's AWESOME. Like watching your own kids play. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I would like TSSAA to set soild dates for all Middle school teams. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it....and along with it lots of other things thrown in that you really didn't want. In terms of state TSSAA oversight of soccer, less is more.

Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it....and along with it lots of other things thrown in that you really didn't want. In terms of state TSSAA oversight of soccer, less is more.

You got me there.....Checkmate /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

If one is interested in their child playing soccer in college, Tennessee needs to keep the season as is.

College season is in the fall- that is what the college coach is focused on- their season and visits to their campus from prospects.

I guess we need to tell the girls in North Carolina and Georgia they are just out of luck when it comes to playing in college. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Playing guys in the fall and girls in the spring is what I was talking about, NOT doing both at the same time. Scheduling would be almost impossible, finding refs would be IMPOSSIBLE. If you switched guys to fall, why would there be anymore schedule conflicts with football then there are now with girls playing in the fall?

Talk about tournaments missed...what about WAGS in October? Only the most well known WOMENS TOURNAMENT in the United States. Go to there web site and see what college coaches are attending this year. Oh, and just FYI...the Head Coach typically does not go. They have an assistant in charge of recruiting make the trip, scout the players and report back to the Head Coach. Colleges may be in season, but they don't forget where the talent is playing and they are there. You did state the obvious though...College Coaches don't go to HS games. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Texas Cup is early November

Disney and Orange Classic are held in December so it would not interfere with either fall or spring.

We could start a whole new topic on "Why ALOT of HS Coaches don't like club soccer, but love the results". The TSSAA rule is fine the way it is and I would agree that it would most likely be to much. My hope is that TSSAA, HS and Club coaches could work together. In the big picture it helps the players, the HS program and the club, soccer as a whole in the area and throughout the state.

I guess we need to tell the girls in North Carolina and Georgia they are just out of luck when it comes to playing in college. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Playing guys in the fall and girls in the spring is what I was talking about, NOT doing both at the same time. Scheduling would be almost impossible, finding refs would be IMPOSSIBLE. If you switched guys to fall, why would there be anymore schedule conflicts with football then there are now with girls playing in the fall?

Talk about tournaments missed...what about WAGS in October? Only the most well known WOMENS TOURNAMENT in the United States. Go to there web site and see what college coaches are attending this year. Oh, and just FYI...the Head Coach typically does not go. They have an assistant in charge of recruiting make the trip, scout the players and report back to the Head Coach. Colleges may be in season, but they don't forget where the talent is playing and they are there. You did state the obvious though...College Coaches don't go to HS games. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Texas Cup is early November

Disney and Orange Classic are held in December so it would not interfere with either fall or spring.

We could start a whole new topic on "Why ALOT of HS Coaches don't like club soccer, but love the results". The TSSAA rule is fine the way it is and I would agree that it would most likely be to much. My hope is that TSSAA, HS and Club coaches could work together. In the big picture it helps the players, the HS program and the club, soccer as a whole in the area and throughout the state.

Tennessee seems to have problems juggling Club Soccer, ODP & Premiere League on the same weekends. I think you could guess where High School would end up if we threw it in there.