Volleyball State

BBaller91

WOW. Division I remains the same, with the sectional format and 8 teams arriving at State proper.

Division II is having a quarterfinal playoff at the higher seed's site; only 4 teams proceed to State as we know it. Double elimination tournament with the top 4 A and top 4 AA. Very interesting.

The quaterfinal playoff will consist of best 3 out of 5 and thats it? Am i understanding that correctly? So couple of east/ middle teams will have to travel out to Memphis and Memphis will have to come to east/midddle for best 3 out of 5? Then the winners of those games will travel to Murfreesboro. Thanks for all your help!

The quaterfinal playoff will consist of best 3 out of 5 and thats it? Am i understanding that correctly? So couple of east/ middle teams will have to travel out to Memphis and Memphis will have to come to east/midddle for best 3 out of 5? Then the winners of those games will travel to Murfreesboro. Thanks for all your help!

Correct that's how it is in D-II this year. To take it to the worst possible drive Knox Webb and a Memphis team could easily have to play a best of 5 match. 10-12 hours of driving for a 1 1/2 hour to 2 hour match.

Shockingly correct. Where the logic is in this, especially considering a Memphis to Chattanooga possibility, beats me. I may "represent" TSSAA on the court, but I sure don't understand many of their moves.

I can appreciate the "sectional" style of lineup here, but the potential drive is outrageous. I suppose this is why it's being held on a Saturday (at 7 pm, even, if my information is correct).