Oak Ridge High School??™s head football coach will receive ???a formal

Ole Dad

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Sorry. That article was the headlines of the "Breaking News" but Tank removed it and replaced it with the info on the game in the last few minutes. I guess you will have to wait until Monday to see it in the Oak Ridger. SOP for Tank.

Ole Dad

Did I miss something? I did not see a reference in the article.

Nice move for Oak Ridge to act quickly and decisevly . Football is a very emotional sport , and everyone deserves a second chance . Geez , I can only imagine what this " politically correct " world we live in today would have done to our coaches in the 70's !! The facemask was designed for the coach to have something to grab as he chewed your butt out after messing up a play !! lol

Just following my routine, sorry about that. The full story will be available online Monday, as well as some added information I believe.

I am told to do an update on the game Friday night, so I did. But basically, it's what you know. Written reprimand, which isn't exactly a slap on the wrist in the education field. There are a lot of issues with tenure, etc. when one of these is placed in your files, but that SHOULD be covered Monday.

Again, sorry. And what the heck does SOP mean? /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Tank,

That wasn't a dig at you. SOP means Standard Operating Procedure. Whcih is basically what you and I both said. It is your standard practice to put the game info in that spot each Friday night which is what you did. The facts are as I posted them in a cut from the article. Did any mention of the alledged Scott County thing at AE in 2004 ever come up in the review? Was that a fact or just more fiction?

Thanks,

Ole Dad

Just following my routine, sorry about that. The full story will be available online Monday, as well as some added information I believe.

I am told to do an update on the game Friday night, so I did. But basically, it's what you know. Written reprimand, which isn't exactly a slap on the wrist in the education field. There are a lot of issues with tenure, etc. when one of these is placed in your files, but that SHOULD be covered Monday.

Again, sorry. And what the heck does SOP mean? /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Just some FYI for those few who are going to post on here and continue to bash our coach over this issue, as a current teacher in the Hamilton County Schools (Chattanooga) I can tell you that a teacher's Personnel File is basic empty except for reprimands or similar formal complaints. I have received several awards for my performance as a teacher but none of that goes in my file. Only if I screw up would something go in my file.

So a written reprimand in a teacher's file is not a "slap on the wrist" as some are sure to post. If you could look in his file there would be no certificate for winning a State Championship at A-E or a mention of finishing second at OR. There will be this letter of a reprimand. In the education field, that is serious.

Of course, some on here will just ignore all of this information and continue to carry on their personal attacks. Good for you. You make the rest of us feel better about ourselves because we can say that we may have problems but at least we are not crazy like you. Just kidding...a little.

By the way, it was a great night for OR football with OR, Father Ryan, and Henry County winning. Keep up the great work to all 3 Head Coaches!

~~Roll Wildcats Roll

Just some FYI for those few who are going to post on here and continue to bash our coach over this issue, as a current teacher in the Hamilton County Schools (Chattanooga) I can tell you that a teacher's Personnel File is basic empty except for reprimands or similar formal complaints. I have received several awards for my performance as a teacher but none of that goes in my file. Only if I screw up would something go in my file.

So a written reprimand in a teacher's file is not a "slap on the wrist" as some are sure to post. If you could look in his file there would be no certificate for winning a State Championship at A-E or a mention of finishing second at OR. There will be this letter of a reprimand. In the education field, that is serious.

Of course, some on here will just ignore all of this information and continue to carry on their personal attacks. Good for you. You make the rest of us feel better about ourselves because we can say that we may have problems but at least we are not crazy like you. Just kidding...a little.

By the way, it was a great night for OR football with OR, Father Ryan, and Henry County winning. Keep up the great work to all 3 Head Coaches!

~~Roll Wildcats Roll

As a Keeper of the Files, Willie is very much correct

No,

Can we then assume that the post on here from a few days ago about Coach Stevens having a similar incident while coaching at AE between him and Scott County is bunk? Otherwise wouldn't that reprimand have been in his file when he was interviewing with OR? So much misinfortmation it is hard to know what is fact and what is fiction. I hope that Coach Stevens puts this behind him and moves forward toward the goal of winning the state.

Ole Dad

As a Keeper of the Files, Willie is very much correct

As I understand it, this was a very serious reprimand, not just a wrist slap. It certainly puts Coach Stevens in a corner now. I also understand he understands his mistakes and acknowledges them. So, now lets support him and lets finish this season by actions on the field, this team is pretty good and if they will retain concentration, and not be distracted, they can go a long way, 15-0 sounds nice.

One's personnel file does not follow him/her from school system to school system. I have participated in the hiring of many teachers and coaches, and not once did the interview team see nor ask for the job seeker's file from another system. So, the incident being put into his file, basically means nothing unless a school system wants/needs to get rid of a tenured teacher, in which case, they must provide documentation of poor performance, insubordination, etc. For a non tenured teacher, the school system may use the incident as a reason to deny tenure, but by law, they may not disclose the reason for denying tenure.

One's personnel file does not follow him/her from school system to school system. I have participated in the hiring of many teachers and coaches, and not once did the interview team see nor ask for the job seeker's file from another system. So, the incident being put into his file, basically means nothing unless a school system wants/needs to get rid of a tenured teacher, in which case, they must provide documentation of poor performance, insubordination, etc. For a non tenured teacher, the school system may use the incident as a reason to deny tenure, but by law, they may not disclose the reason for denying tenure.

Correct. Saved me a lengthy post. Thank you