Monterey @ Gordonsville

Monterey, coming off possibly the biggest win in school history, upsetting the Friendship Christian Commanders, travels to the Gordonsville Tigers this coming friday who have just lost to the Trousdale County Yellowjackets. No one in Gordonsville circled this game on their calendar this past summer, and no one could have imagined the impact on the region this game could cause. If Gordonsville loses, and then loses to Friendship, that could be the season. A season with such high hopes and aspirations ending without even a trip to the playoffs. Does Monterey have anything left in the tank after some much emotion was used in tonights big win against FCS. Only time will tell. Thoughts? Predictions? Comments? Anything is fair game. To the Gordonsville Tiger faithful, this game is bigger than you think it is, and quite possibly be the biggest game of the year.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monterey has come so close before to upsetting the "big dogs" they finally have gotten over the hump. Finally, they may have the confidence to get with the next level in their region. Gordonsville will be hungry after their loss, but what a game of tremendous proportions in the region race from first to fifth still up for grabs.

Monterey has come so close before to upsetting the "big dogs" they finally have gotten over the hump. Finally, they may have the confidence to get with the next level in their region. Gordonsville will be hungry after their loss, but what a game of tremendous proportions in the region race from first to fifth still up for grabs.

I think Gville rebounds and wins this game.

And, I think its first to sixth that's up for grabs with they way Celina has been playing.

Monterey, coming off possibly the biggest win in school history, upsetting the Friendship Christian Commanders, travels to the Gordonsville Tigers this coming friday who have just lost to the Trousdale County Yellowjackets. No one in Gordonsville circled this game on their calendar this past summer, and no one could have imagined the impact on the region this game could cause. If Gordonsville loses, and then loses to Friendship, that could be the season. A season with such high hopes and aspirations ending without even a trip to the playoffs. Does Monterey have anything left in the tank after some much emotion was used in tonights big win against FCS. Only time will tell. Thoughts? Predictions? Comments? Anything is fair game. To the Gordonsville Tiger faithful, this game is bigger than you think it is, and quite possibly be the biggest game of the year.

I think the big question is: Does Monterey have anything left in the tank after last Friday night? Huge win. Congratulations to them. However this is at Gordonsville and they are mad. Gordonsville, IMO, wins in a great region matchup. Your right Bishop, this is a huge game for yall. Good luck to both teams and stay injury free.

If you were the coach the Tigers, how would you prepare them for this game, and what elements do you think are missing from the G'ville playbook?

OK you asked for an opinion. So here is an opinion. There is nothing missing from the playbook. Using the plays practiced is missing. Quit beating a dead horse play, and use the plays practiced instad of a handful. And dont wait all night to get the play in. 5 yards backwards takes the wind out of your drive.

Then what do I know I didnt go to school to be a coach. I also did not go to school to be a mechanic but I know when my car is broke. I can also see an oil leak. So,...Thats just my opinion. I am sure the coach is doing the job to the best of his ability.

I once heard in a team talk. A coach is no better than his team performs, and the team is no better than its coach performs. Thats why the coach gets paid and the players do not. And fans pay to watch. Give them what they pay to see. If you cant live with this take off the pads. This is not a condeming statement. Just something to think about.

Also remember it took to this point last year for the GV team to come alive. They either come alive now or get ready for basketball.

OK you asked for an opinion. So here is an opinion. There is nothing missing from the playbook. Using the plays practiced is missing. Quit beating a dead horse play, and use the plays practiced instad of a handful. And dont wait all night to get the play in. 5 yards backwards takes the wind out of your drive.

Then what do I know I didnt go to school to be a coach. I also did not go to school to be a mechanic but I know when my car is broke. I can also see an oil leak. So,...Thats just my opinion. I am sure the coach is doing the job to the best of his ability.

I once heard in a team talk. A coach is no better than his team performs, and the team is no better than its coach performs. Thats why the coach gets paid and the players do not. And fans pay to watch. Give them what they pay to see. If you cant live with this take off the pads. This is not a condeming statement. Just something to think about.

Also remember it took to this point last year for the GV team to come alive. They either come alive now or get ready for basketball.

Old Pirate says good comments Mo. Good Luck to Gville. Tell that son to keep working hard!

where o where are all the posters i really thought this thread would be a good one!!! I was looking forward to some good reading. mo$$ you have been mighty quiet this week. come on now pick it up and get those tigers fired up mossy!

Schools been out this week that means kid home. That means get everything done you havent since football started. Im tired. To tired to hang in there keeping up with all the posts.

As for this game its a weird year to say the least. All kinds of upsets in all leagues. I wouldnt bet RBS cant pull out a couple before its over. My mind says no but with this years odds, I say who knows. Never seen a year like this. Injuries, upsets, and minimum trash talk in here. Strange to say the least. Im like everyone else kicking back and watching whats happening.