Gallatin at Overton

Verb58

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol gallatin and overton fans? Well at least they will be supportive when they lose their 2nd region game against overton

sry gallatin is gonna stomp overton... ur gonna need to still be supportive

Point blank-Gallatin can not afford to lose this game. The way this region is playing out we don't need to tie Hunters Lane or Overton for the final spot(if Overton was to win Thurs). Wave fans should also be pulling for a Hendersonville win over Antioch to give them 2 losses in the region. Overton has a strong rushing attack with White and Jackson. And Pieratt is a terror on the defense at linebacker. I really thought that Overton would be a little more dominant then what they have shown so my guess is the line play is not as good as it has been. The Wave hasn't seen this type of rushing attack since Mt Juliet so I hope we will be ready. Wave88 I also remember the beating we took last time we played at Overton. I think we turned the ball over 8 times on the night. Terrible! I am not sure about our health coming into this game either. Zack O'Brien and Wright's loss last week was a hard blow on the passing game. Hopefully the team will realize how important this game is and rise to the occasion. I would hate to be sitting at home when the playoffs roll around.

for us to win we need to start boo at wide out and start cody at QB we cant afford 3 picks... hold on to the ball boo

Idiot..

You are not going to see things my way. I know that. But feel free to explain why I am an idiot for not having any optimism for a team that gives up 24 points a game, and 33 points a game in their last three losses. Tell me why I am an idiot for seeing no reason for optimism after having one of the best defenses in the state, and now letting Overton run the ball at will and not even need to attempt a pass.

I think it was Einstein that said the definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different result. At this point, even the most fiercly loyal Green Wave fan is foolish to expect this defense to turn things around. Mediocre teams are beating this team running and throwing.

Gallatin's two wins were against teams with a grand total of one win.

None of the above gives me cause for optimism. If that makes me an idiot then I will just have to learn to live with it.

You are not going to see things my way. I know that. But feel free to explain why I am an idiot for not having any optimism for a team that gives up 24 points a game, and 33 points a game in their last three losses. Tell me why I am an idiot for seeing no reason for optimism after having one of the best defenses in the state, and now letting Overton run the ball at will and not even need to attempt a pass.

I think it was Einstein that said the definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different result. At this point, even the most fiercly loyal Green Wave fan is foolish to expect this defense to turn things around. Mediocre teams are beating this team running and throwing.

Gallatin's two wins were against teams with a grand total of one win.

None of the above gives me cause for optimism. If that makes me an idiot then I will just have to learn to live with it.

just1np, I do agree with some of the points you've made in may of your previous posts. That was a poor word choice on my part and I apologize. I don't, however, agree with your optimism statement being posted on a message board that you know the players of the team you support reads. As fans, we need to show optimism for the players sake. You and I may not agree with what's going on form a coaching standpoint or not and that's our right. If you feel strongly about certain issues then contact the coaching staff and set up a meeting to discuss it with them. These kids need our support and they need to know that their fans have not given up on them and support them until the end.

Again, my bad but remember, the kids read all this and what we say can have a negative affect on them.

Go Wave and let's win out!

That was a bad loss for Gallatin. Might have just cost us a playoff birth. I did like Matthews going in at Qb and Boo playing that rover postion. It makes everybody wonder just where he would end up. Cody was on target until crunch time but I like his skill in the passing game and with more time back there I believe he will settle down when the game is on the line. Experience will also let him see the entire field, he missed some wide open recievers that could have been huge gainers for us. I know Fields was uncovered in the endzone on one play and on the last play Woods had his man beat in the corner of the endzone. Our defense is just not too good at getting people down after the first contact. But whatever the case, we HAVE to win out just to have a chance.

That was a bad loss for Gallatin. Might have just cost us a playoff birth. I did like Matthews going in at Qb and Boo playing that rover postion. It makes everybody wonder just where he would end up. Cody was on target until crunch time but I like his skill in the passing game and with more time back there I believe he will settle down when the game is on the line. Experience will also let him see the entire field, he missed some wide open recievers that could have been huge gainers for us. I know Fields was uncovered in the endzone on one play and on the last play Woods had his man beat in the corner of the endzone. Our defense is just not too good at getting people down after the first contact. But whatever the case, we HAVE to win out just to have a chance.

Not an excuse but maybe a good reason is that all but 1 on the defense played on the scout teams in practice for the last year or two. If you've ever stopped by a GHS practice you will see the scout team isn't allowed to hit/tackle the starting offense... so two years of training is showing.. like I said, not an excuse but something to think about.

The QB move should have been done before the first game, IMO. Like I said before you stop Boo you stop Gallatin but now you have something else to have to pay attention to... the Matthews kid will be very good before he's done at Gallatin.. he did miss seeing some open guys but we've done that all year so that a mute point. What he didn't do was fumble two, three times a game and run when he had some open receivers... he will get better and better if they let him stay as starting QB..

Not an excuse but maybe a good reason is that all but 1 on the defense played on the scout teams in practice for the last year or two. If you've ever stopped by a GHS practice you will see the scout team isn't allowed to hit/tackle the starting offense... so two years of training is showing.. like I said, not an excuse but something to think about.

The QB move should have been done before the first game, IMO. Like I said before you stop Boo you stop Gallatin but now you have something else to have to pay attention to... the Matthews kid will be very good before he's done at Gallatin.. he did miss seeing some open guys but we've done that all year so that a mute point. What he didn't do was fumble two, three times a game and run when he had some open receivers... he will get better and better if they let him stay as starting QB..

We're cool then.

I understand your point about the kids reading the boards. It is not something I fail to consider. I make many of my posts with the players eyes in mind. Read my posts from last year if you like. No one ran their mouth in favor of Gallatin more than me.

But what I would ask you to consider, in regards to showing support and trying to keep the kids 'chins up', is that even when I played we would have staff on the sideline say things that aren't exactly 'uplifting'. Things like, "if we don't score before halftime this one is over". That individual didn't seem to mind making that kind of comment as he was surrounded by players. And this person has been associated with the program for more than 30 years. And he wasn't kicked of the sideline.

I know I come across as very callus a lot of times, but I don't think sugar coating things really gets anybody anywhere. Especially when, in the case of the 2007 Wave, a week-to-week improvement is just plain not being shown. That is what bothers me more than anything. Go back and look at my post after the loss to Lebanon. Please. Tell me if that is not an "optimistic" post. I didn't think the loss to Lebanon was anything to be ashamed of, or was a bad loss. But since then the team seems to be more exposed every week. Let's think about this a second. Two weeks ago the defense gets beaten through the air by a very good Smyrna team. This week the get literally ran out of the stadium by a team that couldn't hold a candle to Lebanon, Mt. Juliet, or Smyrna. Each loss seems to be to an overall lesser opponent then the one before. That isn't the mark of a good team that has just gotten some tough breaks against some good teams. That is the mark of a team that just isn't very good and is not able to match up against most teams.

In short, I think it is time that the Gallatin staff and administration consider dropping to 4A. It is obvious that the affects of losing enrollment to Station Camp is starting to show. The Bison are on the up swing in a big way and Gallatin is on a slippery slope with no breaks.

We're cool then.

I understand your point about the kids reading the boards. It is not something I fail to consider. I make many of my posts with the players eyes in mind. Read my posts from last year if you like. No one ran their mouth in favor of Gallatin more than me.

But what I would ask you to consider, in regards to showing support and trying to keep the kids 'chins up', is that even when I played we would have staff on the sideline say things that aren't exactly 'uplifting'. Things like, "if we don't score before halftime this one is over". That individual didn't seem to mind making that kind of comment as he was surrounded by players. And this person has been associated with the program for more than 30 years. And he wasn't kicked of the sideline.

I know I come across as very callus a lot of times, but I don't think sugar coating things really gets anybody anywhere. Especially when, in the case of the 2007 Wave, a week-to-week improvement is just plain not being shown. That is what bothers me more than anything. Go back and look at my post after the loss to Lebanon. Please. Tell me if that is not an "optimistic" post. I didn't think the loss to Lebanon was anything to be ashamed of, or was a bad loss. But since then the team seems to be more exposed every week. Let's think about this a second. Two weeks ago the defense gets beaten through the air by a very good Smyrna team. This week the get literally ran out of the stadium by a team that couldn't hold a candle to Lebanon, Mt. Juliet, or Smyrna. Each loss seems to be to an overall lesser opponent then the one before. That isn't the mark of a good team that has just gotten some tough breaks against some good teams. That is the mark of a team that just isn't very good and is not able to match up against most teams.

Just1,

Schools do not have the option of dropping classes based on achievement. I'm sure you know that, but just a dig at the current team. Enrollment at Gallatin is over 1400 so they are 5A. Period! However, the Station Camp team is actually playing down, but within the rules. Classification is now done every four years. Station Camps current enrollment over 1100 would put them in 4A. But they are still a relatively new school and will eventually be in the correct clasification. So technically, they are playing smaller schools in every region game. But, hand it to them, they are winning against the teams on their schedule.

In short, I think it is time that the Gallatin staff and administration consider dropping to 4A. It is obvious that the affects of losing enrollment to Station Camp is starting to show. The Bison are on the up swing in a big way and Gallatin is on a slippery slope with no breaks.