7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

In just 3 weeks time or so, practice will once again begin for another season of 7-AAA basketball. This year should be much more exciting because there are so many unknown as to who will rise to the top and who will flounder. IMO, the favorites going in have to be White County and Siegel, both teams return alot of experienced talent, but I give White County the edge given that those guys were just one step away from the state tournament last year.

Many questions loom for the other programs in the district. Can Oakland, Lebanon and Riverdale replace all that firepower from last years team and still be in the mix? Can Blackman and Cookeville win while relying on youth? Is this the year Warren County finally makes a move in district play? All questions that will need to be answered. Just a shame I will be missing alot of basketball this year due to work and school, but I will try to make some games when I can. Anyways, post away! I want to hear what everybody else thinks about the season that will be upon us sooner than you think

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, I think this district is even weaker than last year. This will make 2 years in a row that District 7AAA isn't considered one of the stronger districts in the state

I think White County is going to run away with this district. They have almost everyone back from a talented team. Although Tyler Greene was All-State, I didn't even think he was the best player on his team. They have about 3-4 guys as good as him - and that is scary.

Siegel has some returners, but will still be very young, other than Cutter. Question is whether or not Siegel will be able to put the ball in the hole when Cutter is being double teamed.

Oakland lost some great talent, but I would not be surprised if they have another good year.

Blackman will be solid, but young and athletic. However, they have a couple of good seniors which will help them win games.

Riverdale may also be better than people think. I like Young!

Cookeville will have low scoring games and stay with everybody based on their coach's mentality.

I don't know anything about Lebanon or Warren County.

Shelbyville and White County are going to battle it out for region champs. Shelbyville is my top pick in the region.

Overall, I think this district is even weaker than last year. This will make 2 years in a row that District 7AAA isn't considered one of the stronger districts in the state

I think White County is going to run away with this district. They have almost everyone back from a talented team. Although Tyler Greene was All-State, I didn't even think he was the best player on his team. They have about 3-4 guys as good as him - and that is scary.

Siegel has some returners, but will still be very young, other than Cutter. Question is whether or not Siegel will be able to put the ball in the hole when Cutter is being double teamed.

Oakland lost some great talent, but I would not be surprised if they have another good year.

Blackman will be solid, but young and athletic. However, they have a couple of good seniors which will help them win games.

Riverdale may also be better than people think. I like Young!

Cookeville will have low scoring games and stay with everybody based on their coach's mentality.

I don't know anything about Lebanon or Warren County.

Shelbyville and White County are going to battle it out for region champs. Shelbyville is my top pick in the region.

I think you are mistaking the district's balance for weakness. May not be the strongest district year in and year out, but I dare you to find another district that is as balanced as this one. Having sent a team to state in each of the last 3 years and I look for this district to have another team play in the glass house come march

I think you are mistaking the district's balance for weakness. May not be the strongest district year in and year out, but I dare you to find another district that is as balanced as this one. Having sent a team to state in each of the last 3 years and I look for this district to have another team play in the glass house come march

I agree. I think White County has a shot, but I don't think they have any competition. Nor did I think Oakland had competition last year. Prior to that your District was loaded.

After White County, there is balance. It is just a weak balance.

Just my opinion.

I agree. I think White County has a shot, but I don't think they have any competition. Nor did I think Oakland had competition last year. Prior to that your District was loaded.

After White County, there is balance. It is just a weak balance.

Just my opinion.

I think when all is said and done, Siegel will be right there with them. Lavon Tate is a big addition for them and gives a solid presence down low, which is what they desperately needed. They are a little young, but I think they have enough experience to make a good postseason run. Oakland had some pretty tough games last year, so I guess we will just agree to disagree. But I think its hard to compare with the past because just a few years ago, it was just a 5 or 6 team district, now it is up to 8, so the talent is starting to get more and more spread out.

I'm taking Siegel to win the district. I expect Cutter, an Indiana State committment, to lead the Stars back to the State Tourney come March also. Cutter will be dishing dimes and knocking down his three pointers as usual, at least I hope so. They have a long way to go though because they are still kind of young. Gooch is one of the best athletes in 7AAA, if not the best, and it will be interesting to see how much he has improved since last year. Also, look out for Cookeville transfer Levon Tate. He was the Upper Cumberland freshman of the year last year and he's improving rapidly too.

Look for Blackman to come out very strong this year while playing very agressive and still very solid, fundamental basketball as Turnham expects seniors Alex Carter and Paul Stephens to step up big. Look for great seasons out of these two men. Also, I hear they've got two very athletic transfers.

I must admit that Alex Carter is under rated. He is not just a good shooter. With the young kids they have to go along with Carter and Stephens, they can make some noise. Who afre the transfers? Where did they come from? Size and grade?

little i can say about riverdale right now, season hasnt started so its all speculation anyways. michael young will be a BEAST this year a 3rd year starter he's not the biggest post in this district but could very well be the strongest. also it will be extremely nice having joey lee in the lineup again he hasnt played since his freshman year but is a true talent.

riverdale also has a new assistant coach this year mcdowell from lebanon

I think everyone is overlooking Lebanon, other than Oakland they have the best coaching staff in the district. Coach Keil won 20 games at Warren Co. and the new assistant Coach Cope from White Co. is an offensive guru. Coach Rochester from Lewis Co. is also on that staff. I predict White Co., Oakland, and Lebanon to be in a dogfight.