7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

Ill meet up with ya sparta boy. Wanna have lunch? Cookeville wasn't a very good team this year and they beat Siegel twice! Who is in the state tourny. All I was saying is that overall this sparta team is average or less than average. Two years ago in 7aaa they might have finished 5th or 6th in the distric. I tried to explain this to many of you back in the regular season but your big heads got in the way. . . WC is just an average team playing in a less than average league. . And it showed when it matters. It also shows how down our region is.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill meet up with ya sparta boy. Wanna have lunch? Cookeville wasn't a very good team this year and they beat Siegel twice! Who is in the state tourny. All I was saying is that overall this sparta team is average or less than average. Two years ago in 7aaa they might have finished 5th or 6th in the distric. I tried to explain this to many of you back in the regular season but your big heads got in the way. . . WC is just an average team playing in a less than average league. . And it showed when it matters. It also shows how down our region is.

2 in sub state one that made it to the boro if thats weak then your right.If your buying lunch im in.

Tell me who they have plated sparta boy to get there? Tullahoma, Lawrence Co. , Shelbyville . . . Weak

WC didn't play Lawrence or Shelbyville. You just showed how much you really know. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If you don't know any more than that please quit posting just because you don't like White County.

White co. had an above average team. Everybody knows it but you.

By the way, Shelbyville went 27-5. That's not weak in my book no matter what district you play in.

85....question for you. The 23 state appearences...is that girls and guys? Just wondering?? Go Siegel!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

12 times for the girls and 11 times for the boys. Pretty equal huh?

I believe the boys made it twice in the 1950's, twice in the 60's, three times in the 70's, twice in the 80's, and twice in the 90's.

I know they didn't play Lawrence Co. and Shelbyville. Siegel did. Region 8 is weak. Thats what im trying to tell you. Have you looked at who is in region 8 with shelbyville going 27-5? No one. . And Siegel beat Shelbyville soundly. . . Region 7 and 8 this year are very very average or below average regions.

I know they didn't play Lawrence Co. and Shelbyville. Siegel did. Region 8 is weak. Thats what im trying to tell you. Have you looked at who is in region 8 with shelbyville going 27-5? No one. . And Siegel beat Shelbyville soundly. . . Region 7 and 8 this year are very very average or below average regions.

I think you mean DISTRICT 7 and 8.

Got any statistics to support your position, or is it just based on observation?

A couple of years ago I was interested in how the districts/regions/sectionals compared to each other so I took the strength of schedule rankings as well as success rankings from Coacht and played with them in excel to get an average ranking for each of the districts/regions/sectionals. I would be more than happy to give this year a look if you guys would be interested. I have a feeling that District 7 will come out better then you think.

Won't be able to get to it till Monday though.

Is there really a need to be so negative. Sparta had an excellent team this year and really loaded with talent. They were loaded with shooters but maybe not as athletic as some, but their kids played smart. They had a real chance to make it to state but they evidently did not match up well with RB. It really is about the match ups. Who knows what would have happened if WC had won the region game and Siegel had traveled to RB. It was a crazy year in 7AAA but let's celebrate it instead of putting down the other teams. I can't remember a year when it was this exciting and not a boring and predictable year with one or two teams beating up on everyone else. Cookeville beat Siegel twice but WC beat Siegel 3 times. WC beat Cookeville both times. Blackman split with Cookeville during the regular season but Siegel beat Blackman both times. Blackman split with WC and played them close in the tournament. (Before anyone from Sparta wants to talk about how bad the refs were yes you had 32 fouls at Blackman with probably 7 or 8 being intentional fouls. You had 22 when you played Blackman at Lebanon and did not have to intentionally foul, but yet there was no one on here complaining about the fouls). Who could have predicted how well Oakland was this year. They split with Siegel and WC during the regular season. I think the fact they had several first year starters hurt them during tournament time, but I was really impressed with their year. Lebanon was able to get wins against WC and Oakland but yet Warren County got their only win against Lebanon. And what about Warren County, it was one of the best teams they have had in a while and they scared a lot of teams. So, lets celebrate the players and the plays they made this year and wish them all well. I know I am going to miss Alex at Blackman, the kid gave us a lot of thrills over the years and he will really be missed with his game changing play. I will miss Cutter at Siegel and his passion for the game but not his whinning. Epps at Oakland and his defense, Paul at Blackman for his hustle, and Greene, Delaney and Brown for their excellent shooting. Good luck to Siegel in the state I know there will be a lot of 7AAA fans there pulling for you.

This is , no doubt, one of the BEST POST I have read on this thread this year !!! Thank you "n2ballnboro" for a very insightful post !!!!