7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

This district is completely up in the air. Any of the 5 standout teams can easily win this district. Siegel, Oakland, Riverdale, Blackman, and White County are the teams that obviously stick out in my mind.

Is Tyler Cutter the clear choice for 7-AAA Player of the year right now?

- Michael Young

- Alex Carter

- DeAndre Maupins?

Also, are there other any posts in this district other than Young that really stick out? White county always seems to have some good ones...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This district is completely up in the air. Any of the 5 standout teams can easily win this district. Siegel, Oakland, Riverdale, Blackman, and White County are the teams that obviously stick out in my mind.

- Michael Young

- Alex Carter

- DeAndre Maupins?

Also, are there other any posts in this district other than Young that really stick out? White county always seems to have some good ones...

Post players? What about your boy from Blackman. He will have a good year.

Player of the Year - Cutter is the best player, but too many politics and other factors to give that up too easily to him.

Maupins will not be in consideration because he will average about 10 PPG, but what people don't relaize is that he will get 8 APG and 2-3 spg. I like that kid!

Michael Young should be neck and neck with Cutter. When you look at what a player does for a team, Young is almost as valuable as Cutter at the high school level. Cutter is obviously a better player, but Young is one of those guys you do not want to play against. He is very special.

Tyler Greene made All-State last year and wasn't the best player on his team. Politics obviously play a role in that award, so he could win MVP this year, because he plays on the best team and he will probably average the most points. Give me Delaney over him any day.

Alex Carter - May have a shot, because he will put up some points and has more grit than what people think.

Judah Akers - May have breakout year. Could put up 30 multiple times - the boy can light it up. Coach needs to give him the green light.

Chris Weitzel - Tall skinny kid from Warren County could be hard to stop this year.

McCarver (I think he is back) - He is a little better than Maupins, because he can shoot better. Great overall PG - Shoots well, sees the court and handles the ball very well (Nobody handles it like Maupins - except maybe Twilley from Shelbyville).

Cutter - If young Siegel players hold up their end of the bargain, Cutter could have a phenomenal year. He did great last year with double teams and box and ones, etc., but he needs to be able to dish to other scorers, so teams will have to play him a little more honest. If summer ball is an indicator, watch out. He may not score as much, but he plays a complete game - rebounding - assists - steals - points. He will play to win and stats will be secondary.

Player of the Year - Cutter is the best player, but too many politics and other factors to give that up too easily to him.

Maupins will not be in consideration because he will average about 10 PPG, but what people don't relaize is that he will get 8 APG and 2-3 spg. I like that kid!

Michael Young should be neck and neck with Cutter. When you look at what a player does for a team, Young is almost as valuable as Cutter at the high school level. Cutter is obviously a better player, but Young is one of those guys you do not want to play against. He is very special.

Tyler Greene made All-State last year and wasn't the best player on his team. Politics obviously play a role in that award, so he could win MVP this year, because he plays on the best team and he will probably average the most points. Give me Delaney over him any day.

Alex Carter - May have a shot, because he will put up some points and has more grit than what people think.

Judah Akers - May have breakout year. Could put up 30 multiple times - the boy can light it up. Coach needs to give him the green light.

Chris Weitzel - Tall skinny kid from Warren County could be hard to stop this year.

McCarver (I think he is back) - He is a little better than Maupins, because he can shoot better. Great overall PG - Shoots well, sees the court and handles the ball very well (Nobody handles it like Maupins - except maybe Twilley from Shelbyville).

Cutter - If young Siegel players hold up their end of the bargain, Cutter could have a phenomenal year. He did great last year with double teams and box and ones, etc., but he needs to be able to dish to other scorers, so teams will have to play him a little more honest. If summer ball is an indicator, watch out. He may not score as much, but he plays a complete game - rebounding - assists - steals - points. He will play to win and stats will be secondary.

very good break down. I like it a lot.

Judah will have a good year and trust me he has the green light.

I personaly think it will be between Carter, Cutter, Greene and Young

- Michael Young

- Alex Carter

- DeAndre Maupins?

I think everyone is overlooking Warren County this year. All FIVE starters return, including 6'10 all district center Chris Wietzel. If this team really steps up defensively, could be an interesting year. This team will not be a pushover and I believe could contend or ruin somebody's season this year.

I think everyone is overlooking Warren County this year. All FIVE starters return, including 6'10 all district center Chris Wietzel. If this team really steps up defensively, could be an interesting year. This team will not be a pushover and I believe could contend or ruin somebody's season this year.

Are you talking about the clumsy kid?

Delaney or greene either one could win it but what does that mean really.I really believe Wc will have 4 of the 5 starters averaging in double digits.This is a team game isnt it?Cutter there are 100 cutters in this state thats all everyone talked about last year on 7aaa threads how did his team do thats what i want to hear!!!!

I hope you remember this post !!!

No offense, but up to this point, that is the image Weitzel has painted across the district: Underachiever and clumsy. I believe the talent is there for Warren County to do some good things, but I am approaching it from a doubting thomas point of view.

No offense, but up to this point, that is the image Weitzel has painted across the district: Underachiever and clumsy. I believe the talent is there for Warren County to do some good things, but I am approaching it from a doubting thomas point of view.

I can understand your doubts about Warren County, but if they don't make hay this year, we at Warren County could be in for some lean years following this year. I really believe this could be a good year for us, if we can pick -up our defensive intensity a little bit. I don't think we will win the district, but could finish as high as fourth with a little luck.