District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the usual game for Harpeth when they play Cheatham three days before Sycamore. Do they ever play the same way against Sycamore?? NO.. They most likely wont this time either. It never suprises me when the score is close, not even with this Cheatham team.

Dixon did not play football this year so he could improve in basketball. I think he will be more of a defensive problem for Sycamore's tiny post. They are tiny compared to him, and if Coach Wilson plays him in an effective role then it will work in Harpeth's favor. What I mean by that is just put him in long enough where he isn't slowing the pace of the game and he is not tired. As long as they do that I think harpeth will be fine. Dempsey will have a few points, but not enough to make a huge difference. I can't wait for friday, I will be there bright and early see ya there. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Other than districts last year, I can't remember when Harpeth played a good game in Cheatham's gym. Part of it was officiating imo. The flow of the game was interrupted.

Looking forward to Friday night. This is one of my favorite nights of the year. It'll be a great atmosphere. No pick from me...........

who is this hudson guy i keep hearing about?

what year is he? did he start last year?

i was oblivious to him until now but he is brought up a lot by you harpeth guys, tell me about him

no predictions from me either...

Cody Hudson/Senior/Slasher. Has a sweet jump shot, and actually gave Harpeth the boost they needed last year against Sycamore @ Harpeth. He can drive very nicely and will finish. He is athletic, he has played since his freshman year, but only played a little while last year due to grades. He is alright now and will contribute greatly to the team.

I saw where Waverly beat Montgomery Central tonight. This is a 4 game losing streak for a team that started hot in Montgomery Central. What has happened?? I see where Demarcus is still putting up his points, but is not getting to much help. This loss suprises me.

I told you guys that Waverly would be surprising some people this year. They have a very athletic team even though they have no height and are very young. They play really good some nights (Dickson County) and really bad some nights (Fairview) but they did well last night in the win. They remind me of the Harpeth team a lot but a younger version. Justin Vogel is a sophomore and he is the real deal folks.

Cody Hudson/Senior/Slasher. Has a sweet jump shot, and actually gave Harpeth the boost they needed last year against Sycamore @ Harpeth. He can drive very nicely and will finish. He is athletic, he has played since his freshman year, but only played a little while last year due to grades. He is alright now and will contribute greatly to the team.

Yeah. I like Cody Hudson's game. He's old school. Can knock down the mid range jumper and uses the glass very well. He's right there with Trey Carruthers in jumping ability, but a little shorter. Some games he doesn't take a lot of shots. He had 19 against Kenwood, 16 against Cheatham, 8 against Creekwood. He's another guy you have to defend or he'll drop in 16 or so on you.

Starting is relative at Harpeth! It changes every game. Sometimes Hudson is in that first group, sometimes the second. There's 10 or 11 that are going to play a lot of minutes in most games.

Kendrick Jones played well in the Cheatham game HHSNumber1fan.

I told you guys that Waverly would be surprising some people this year. They have a very athletic team even though they have no height and are very young. They play really good some nights (Dickson County) and really bad some nights (Fairview) but they did well last night in the win. They remind me of the Harpeth team a lot but a younger version. Justin Vogel is a sophomore and he is the real deal folks.

I have heard a lot of great things about Vogel. In particular, I understand that he is a solid 3 pt. shooter. How big is he?

Yeah. I like Cody Hudson's game. He's old school. Can knock down the mid range jumper and uses the glass very well. He's right there with Trey Carruthers in jumping ability, but a little shorter. Some games he doesn't take a lot of shots. He had 19 against Kenwood, 16 against Cheatham, 8 against Creekwood. He's another guy you have to defend or he'll drop in 16 or so on you.

Starting is relative at Harpeth! It changes every game. Sometimes Hudson is in that first group, sometimes the second. There's 10 or 11 that are going to play a lot of minutes in most games.

Kendrick Jones played well in the Cheatham game HHSNumber1fan.

That is good news about kendrick. Like I said on one of my first post's this year he has a great balance and gets great position. He also has a very nice touch, he should be able to do some damage on the post. I see him starting to step up like Cody Davis did his sophomore year, and really putting up 12 or 14 every now and then. I am glad his ankle is better. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have heard a lot of great things about Vogel. In particular, I understand that he is a solid 3 pt. shooter. How big is he?

He's not real big, Ii would guess 6 ft. He not only shoots the three well, he will take the ball to the hole, and if you foul him, he's about a 76-77% free throw shooter. People have had trouble guarding him since he handles the ball well. He's had some off games, but that comes with being only a sophomore. The last time I figured the averages for the team, he was averaging I think about 17 a game. He's had two or three nights of 24+. If he gets hot, it's really tough to stop him. He's not the only one on this team though. He's the top one but there are several more really good kids on this team. Juniors Cody Gilbert and Ben Leonard. Sophomores Vogel, Jeff Jackson, Tyler Fuller are all starters. Dillon Moore provides depth off the bench and he is a sophomore. Now the achilles heel is they are young and not very tall. Biggest guy may stretch to 6'2". That's a stretch too. But they play really hard.