District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sycamore doesn't have to worry about stopping any one player. No game comes down to stopping one player unless they are a selfish player. They just need to continue to play good defense and execute their offense unselfishly as they have all year. The big thing is that they don't get complacent with all their winning and having beaten harpeth already.

Sycamore doesn't have to worry about stopping any one player. No game comes down to stopping one player unless they are a selfish player. They just need to continue to play good defense and execute their offense unselfishly as they have all year. The big thing is that they don't get complacent with all their winning and having beaten harpeth already.

Yeah, but there's rarely a sweep in this series. These 2 teams get after it pretty good and they're evenly matched.

that is correct. Got it straight from the horses mouth the other day.

Besides, don't count out Waverly beating Creek Wood, they have done it once and from what I've seen last week, Cheatham County will beat Fairview too. So it would be a two way tie if CC beats them. If Waverly upsets Creek Wood, Waverly gets #4.

So how do we know who is going to be the 4th seed if wavo loses to creekwood then SC will be the 4th seed? just let me know with some more info thanks ! Go REBS! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

So how do we know who is going to be the 4th seed if wavo loses to creekwood then SC will be the 4th seed? just let me know with some more info thanks ! Go REBS! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

if waverly wins they are 4th seed. If they lose and Fairview loses against Cheatham, SC will be 4th and Waverly 5th based on head to head. If Waverly loses and Fairview wins their is a three way tie and thus head to head is out the window because head to head only works with two teams. Thus Waverly would be 4 seed based on higher seed win (Creekwood). Stewart needs Fairview to lose against Cheatham to get the fourth seed. This was confirmed at the district coaches meeting today.

the previous post is wrong. if Fairview wins tonight and CW beats Wavo, the seeding is SC 4 Wavo 5 and Fairview 6 based on this.

Three way tie you first look at the head to head against the other two teams. SC is 3-1 Fairview is 2-2 and Waverly is 1-3. So this gives the 4 spot to SC. Then you look at head to head with Wavo and Fairview which they spilt, next you look at record vs. highest seeded teams which give the 5 spot to Waverly based on their win over CW earlier in the year.

If Waverly beats CW tonight then they are the 4 seed and SC would be 5 seed regardless if Fairview wins or loses to Cheatham.

The only way Waverly finishes as the 4 seed is to beat CW tonight and finish 7-7. If they lose they will be the 5 seed and SC would be the 4 seed.

Fairview is 6th no matter what.

The rest of the seeding is as follows:

Regardless of the outcome tonight, Sycamore is the 1 seed. If they get beat tonight the 1 and 2 seed would be a coin flip with Harpeth and Harpeth lost it at the coaches meeting yesterday.

If Harpeth wins tonight, then they have to finish the MC game and win to finish as the 2 seed. If they lose tongiht they will be the 3 seed regardless of the outcome of the suspended game.

CW wins tonight and a Harpeth loss gives CW the 2 seed as the tie breaker with Hapreth would be their win over Sycamore earleir in the year.

Cheatham is 7th and MC 8th regardless of outcomes left.

So the tournament looks like this: Boys games are on February 12 at 7pm higher seed host:

#8 MC at #1 Sycamore

#7 Cheatham Co. at #2 Harpeth/CW

#6 Fairview at #3 Harpeth/CW

#5 and # 4 will be Waverly and SC, just waiting to see who host the game

Waverly lost to Creekwood tonight which will be giving them a road trip back to stewart county for a 3rd meeting. Creekwood played great, waverly didnt seem to pound it inside to draw fouls which is how they beat the redhawks in waverly. but good job to both teams. and one more thing, the student section was good for creekwood i mean they were winning pretty big so thats how it should be but there is a little thing called sportsmanship which the student showed none of when #55 who was out the first of the season was injured and had to come out the rest of the game. Congrats on the win but hey learn some sportsmanship would ya. good luck in tournys to the redhawks they will be tough to beat, i see sycamore and creekwood in the championship if possible. waverly should be able to make it out of the first round if they can keep their cool and actually come to play against the rebels i know the tigers can win but its been proven twice that its not always about the shoulds.

Harpeth does not have to play Central tomorrow. Even if Harp were to lose, they would have swept Waverly and we would have split so they hold tie break. Good luck to all 11aa teams the rest of the season.

Sweet, thanks for the info coach and congrats on a well played regular season. Good luck in the tourney.