NO SHOWS!

ERA

Two weekends in a row, we have shown up to tournaments only to be stood up at the proverbial altar. Last weekend, we were at Drakes Creek and played the first pool game and had the other two pool games (Rattlers and Sting)forfeited to us by NO SHOWS.

This weekend, we show up to play the Knoxville Tornadoes on Frost Field no less, and we have another NO SHOW.

Many parents, as I, had left work early. 4 hours early for me to get some last minute things done to drive to Chatt for a NO SHOW. My take on this is a lot of time and MONEY goes into preparing for these tournaments and the pool games are just as important as the elim. games for preparedness. No phone calls were made by any of these teams to forewarn a tournament director about any problems.

I believe the summer team masses have been infiltrated by non commital/honor lacking coaches. If teams are taking this stance to not have the decency to allow a reschedule, then a penalty must be induced to propogate accountability amongst the competition. Monetarily speaking, it should be $100 for every pool game you don't show up for and a termination after two misses while being struck from playing in that tournament the next season as per "Coaches Names" and not team names. The $100 should go to the team that they would have played.

Does ASA or NSA keep records of these NO SHOWS and deal with them in any way?

I don't think the entry fees are hurting the teams enough to prevent this problem. What do you think?

[Edited by ERA on 5/31/02 10:01P]

Guest gorillaball

I feel the same. We were stood up at Drakes Creek by the same teams you mentioned. It was frusturating to drive 2.5 hrs early Saturday morning for nothing. You are right. the pool games are just as important. The name of the game is playing. The $20 hardware is not all of it. It's number of games played that makes you better.

ERA, this problem at Chattanooga was caused by them already

having scheduled teams in the elimination round so the pool

games meant nothing. Some teams decided why play the first

game or two when they did not effect the seeding in the

elimination rounds. Having these teams pay some sort of

retribution sounds warranted. They should be given a loss

in their first round game, which would put them in the losers bracket in double elimination. That would show em'.