Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
trademark777

Cheerleaders, Band, or Both

Recommended Posts

Just figured I would start a different thread. I think the polls show that band is not a sport. Of course, really it is not, but I trully believe the band members are just as athletic as any sports player!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Band. Band and high school football go together real nice. the first game of the season when the band starts playing thats when you know football season has started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played football in high school and I could honestly care less whether the cheerleaders show up at all. The band is responsible for 75% of that great friday night atmosphere, with the crowd supplying the other 25%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played football in high school and I could honestly care less whether the cheerleaders show up at all. The band is responsible for 75% of that great friday night atmosphere, with the crowd supplying the other 25%.

 

 

bands fire up teams cheerleaders just flaunt themselves but i really wish dekalb would get there band up to par. but good luck to them at the d2 state championship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bands fire up teams cheerleaders just flaunt themselves but i really wish dekalb would get there band up to par. but good luck to them at the d2 state championship

 

 

Up to par? Has DeKalb County's band dropped off? They were really good in the 90s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Band kids are the kids who only sit with other band kids at lunch and cut themselves because the world hates them.

 

 

You honestly believe that people in band are cliquish and have low self-esteem?? You better be kidding. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why would you say something like that seriously. I highly highly doubt a band member could do anything else but play a dumb instrument like a flute. I've never heard of a band member ever playing another sport. Band kids are the kids who only sit with other band kids at lunch and cut themselves because the world hates them.

 

I hope you are just kidding because that is probably one of the dumbest statements I have ever read. Lets see if I can list all the athletes and activities on a band in the Boro - 4 swimmers (2 of which competed on the state level), 2 soccer players, 5 rugby players (won state competetion in 2007). Also many band members participate in other activities - 2 homecoming queens and courts, 2 homecoming kings and courts, student body presidents,student council members, sorority members, drama, chamber choir, women choruses, musicals, HOSA, service clubs and various academic clubs. Not to mention all the academic and music scholarships. Several graduates are now marching at the college level or in concert bands. Seems to me that these band kids are well rounded individuals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope you are just kidding because that is probably one of the dumbest statements I have ever read. Lets see if I can list all the athletes and activities on a band in the Boro - 4 swimmers (2 of which competed on the state level), 2 soccer players, 5 rugby players (won state competetion in 2007). Also many band members participate in other activities - 2 homecoming queens and courts, 2 homecoming kings and courts, student body presidents,student council members, sorority members, drama, chamber choir, women choruses, musicals, HOSA, service clubs and various academic clubs. Not to mention all the academic and music scholarships. Several graduates are now marching at the college level or in concert bands. Seems to me that these band kids are well rounded individuals.

 

 

Agree 100% /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I was one of those well-rounded individuals in high school, who was serious about academics and active in school activities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...