Cheerleaders, Band, or Both

trademark777

• 2 weeks later...

I played football in high school and I could honestly care less whether the cheerleaders show up at all. The band is responsible for 75% of that great friday night atmosphere, with the crowd supplying the other 25%.

bands fire up teams cheerleaders just flaunt themselves but i really wish dekalb would get there band up to par. but good luck to them at the d2 state championship

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

why would you say something like that seriously. I highly highly doubt a band member could do anything else but play a dumb instrument like a flute. I've never heard of a band member ever playing another sport. Band kids are the kids who only sit with other band kids at lunch and cut themselves because the world hates them.

I hope you are just kidding because that is probably one of the dumbest statements I have ever read. Lets see if I can list all the athletes and activities on a band in the Boro - 4 swimmers (2 of which competed on the state level), 2 soccer players, 5 rugby players (won state competetion in 2007). Also many band members participate in other activities - 2 homecoming queens and courts, 2 homecoming kings and courts, student body presidents,student council members, sorority members, drama, chamber choir, women choruses, musicals, HOSA, service clubs and various academic clubs. Not to mention all the academic and music scholarships. Several graduates are now marching at the college level or in concert bands. Seems to me that these band kids are well rounded individuals.

I hope you are just kidding because that is probably one of the dumbest statements I have ever read. Lets see if I can list all the athletes and activities on a band in the Boro - 4 swimmers (2 of which competed on the state level), 2 soccer players, 5 rugby players (won state competetion in 2007). Also many band members participate in other activities - 2 homecoming queens and courts, 2 homecoming kings and courts, student body presidents,student council members, sorority members, drama, chamber choir, women choruses, musicals, HOSA, service clubs and various academic clubs. Not to mention all the academic and music scholarships. Several graduates are now marching at the college level or in concert bands. Seems to me that these band kids are well rounded individuals.

Agree 100% /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I was one of those well-rounded individuals in high school, who was serious about academics and active in school activities.

• 9 months later...