Cheerleaders, Band, or Both

trademark777

BAND!

I am currently a band member and we own.

My friends and family that were on the football team don't really care about the cheerleaders to be honest.

I was told they like to hear us playing for them. Getting them pumped up with our songs. Mainly our Chop song.

Also, i consider the cheerleaders like the band's puppets.

WE decide what songs to play, and WE force them to dance to it, no matter what it is. Whether they are in the middle of a cheer or not, when we start playing they dance.

What is fun is to speed up the tempo of our song and make them dance faster and watch them struggle to keep up..

You can't hear the cheerleaders anyways...

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

BAND IS BETTER AND YOU KNOW IT!

What I don't like is cheerleaders who don't know when to cheer or don't know what's going on in the game. They do stunts and tumbling but don't really don't lead the crowd. I know some marching bands who don't pay attention to the game as well. Some spend the whole first half getting ready for halftime; I guess halftime is game time.

We have decent size band, 20 cheerleaders, and 20 dance team girls. The band adds a lot to the overall atmosphere but they do not travel to most games. I hate to say "they" because I know that a lot of the band members really enjoy supporting the football team and participating at the games. But our schools band director doesn't seem to take the games seriously. It is a shame, because that is what creates anomosity between the two identities. As for the cheerleaders and dance team members, they are not as loud as the band but they are always there. If you look back in history, you will find that a winning football team has a strong band, cheerleading swad, and last but not least, strong community support.

Go Owls!!!

P.S. When I use to coach travel football (little league) I taught my players to go thank the cheerleaders for coming out and cheering them on. Imagine what it would be like if the players where taught to thank all identities after each game in high school. I would think we would not need to have separate threads. All bragging on each other... SUPPORT.

• 1 year later...