Weight Lifting

SPBaseball20

Guest kendall44

I graduated from South Fulton last year, I am currently a Seabee in the USN...Weight training is a very disputed topic in high school, kids always wanna get bigger,faster,and stronger immediately and not really have to work for it...that's just the human nature....Weight training is all about patience and dedication....I never dedicated myself to making the steps necessary to become the best, Distractions are everywhere in high school, there is so much going on, weight training is small priority to many, I just went through the motions in high school, always just enough to get by...Making the first step to having a successful weight program is to program your mind that this is what you are going to do, Set your self some goals, In high school, I was an above average 3rd baseman, and average fat lil' 192 lb. tight end...I played tight end at 5'9 192...probably one of the smallest in the state..even in 1A.. You are def. gonna have to work to whoop that guy on the other side of the ball... ...and I asked myself why I didn't go anywhere in baseball, why no one picked me up for college? I didn't earn it, I didn't want it bad enough. I wasn't fast enough and i wasn't strong enough...I couldn't even bench my own body weight in high school...I had no motivation to get in the weight room and bust my butt...But in the last 4 months I have started weight training on a weekly basis for the 1st time in my life...Another huge part if your partners, you have to be motivated in the weight room, or nothing will get done, you have to know you left it all in the gym...I come across 3 great partners, ( all in the USMC) that have pushed me to my limits...in 4 months I have dropped 10-12 lbs. added muscle tone and gotten faster and stronger...included with our 3x a week doing now, If i would have done this in high school, Don't PT for our squad,( 30 mintues calistetics-...and 3 to 4 mile run...Cardio is much needed in your program..If you are an athlete and you've read this long A** post...OK..get the job done, get in the weight room and work hard...Your teamates see you being the leader and getting in the weight room bustin your butt, it will rub off and they will want to work harder...Our program is simple...Mon.-Fri in this order..chest-back-arms-legs-shoulders...plus all the running mixed in w/ it....we do 4 exercises a day, on our 8-week light cycle we do reps of 15-12-8, on the 8 week heavy cycle, we do 8-6-4...If you don't have time to work out, Make time...be consistent...This program has been awesome for me, the Marine's I work out w/ are some weight room freaks, all huge, all a lot stronger than me, it's no competions whatsoever, do what you can do...they push me to the limits, and my body has changed so much in such a short time, I take protein shakes once in the morning and one after my workout...Get DEDICATED, get some awesome partners, and stay on your program...and you will see massive gains....It's all about patience. Sorry so long I hope I could help at least one person with this post. Thanks for taking time to read this, I typed so much, I'm sure I left some thing out though...Be good and work hard!!!

Wayne Kendall

Guest kendall44

No problem, If either of you have a question, e-mail me at junior_wk@yahoo.co.uk - I am currently in Korea, but will be going back to California this Friday...6 months in Korea is enough to drive a man mad.

Guest dazed

i like what kendall44 said i just want to stress on some of it. u have work different parts of the body each day so u can give the other parts a rest. also after about 2 months or so u need to chance your routine because if u don't ur muscles will get use to the work and won't help u any. just don't get mad when u don't see results at first. in the begining u might even lose a little strengt because of your muscles not being use to the work. even though out the training you'll have times when u don't gain any strength for a while and sometimes you'll gain alot in just a week. but like what kendall44 said have a partner that pushes u and makes u work helps out quite a bit. it all just take time.