David Lipscomb vs. Giles County

norespect

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone posed the question in an earlier post -- Do you believe in miracles?? My answer is yes and whether a miracle or not -- DL can be beaten on any given night -- don't believe me ask any DL fan that was in Lewisburg a few years ago. The many prayers of the DL faithful never made it out of the jungle and Marshall County put the Mustangs out to pasture on that Friday evening. Say what you want concerning a clock that did or didn't run -- that is just one more facet of the game that could go either way.

I would love to see GC beat Lipscomb for the simple reason - it will just add a little more flavor to an already intense rivalry when GC and MC play in a few weeks.

Go Cats -- This MC fan has faith in you /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

V1 and BC,

I believe respect for yourself is a prerequisite for respecting others. Boski is still at step 1 and it's a very big step for him. He'll get there....let's just be patient. ;^)

SND

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Also, I was like you on the Fulton-Catholic thread. Apparently the David Lipscomb Mustangs did not go to the Blue Cross Bowl last year. There are some in the Knoxville area who do not believe this to be true anyway /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Also, I was like you on the Fulton-Catholic thread. Apparently the David Lipscomb Mustangs did not go to the Blue Cross Bowl last year. There are some in the Knoxville area who do not believe this to be true anyway /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

...And I'm not even being DL-centric either. There are more than a few very good teams elsewhere in the state. Let them think that way. SOMEONE will be able to use it to motivate a very good team to be great.

Someone posed the question in an earlier post -- Do you believe in miracles?? My answer is yes and whether a miracle or not -- DL can be beaten on any given night -- don't believe me ask any DL fan that was in Lewisburg a few years ago. The many prayers of the DL faithful never made it out of the jungle and Marshall County put the Mustangs out to pasture on that Friday evening. Say what you want concerning a clock that did or didn't run -- that is just one more facet of the game that could go either way.

I would love to see GC beat Lipscomb for the simple reason - it will just add a little more flavor to an already intense rivalry when GC and MC play in a few weeks.

Go Cats -- This MC fan has faith in you /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was at that game...the game where time stood still. A game where the time keeper was reprimanded (he kept the clock from the press box instead of the field) I've got good friends in Lewisburg and they still laugh about that game. Lipscomb now also laughs about that game as well. Its a game that will live in infamy. But as the records indicate Lipscomb still holds a 9-1 record over the tigers. I will admit there were MC teams that had many more athletes than Lipscomb, but coaching brain freezes cost them certain victories in the past. They even had a penalty on the band for delay of game. But this week Lipscomb plays Giles County. We'll talk about MC next week.

giles county has only been tested once this year...columbia and we all know what happened in that game...but same could be said about lipscomb, tho against goodpasture lipscomb had a few oppritunities to put it away and they didn't capitalize....its goin to be a PHYSICAL football game but id pull the upset, giles 24-21 in a close one...if giles can control the line of scrimage and win the fights in the trenches, it will be in giles's favor....but giles you can't run the score up on lipscomb like u did against cheatham and montgomery central....

from what i understand some DL fans are worried about the seating the GC fans are sitting on the visitor side now and the visitors sitting on some portable bleachers in front of the old home bleachers don't worry you will have more room than we did at your place last year.

Lipcomb fan's what i meant was the seating is different from the last time you all were down.You should have plenty of seats but yall's side will be on our old home side you'll figure it out.

Lipcomb fan's what i meant was the seating is different from the last time you all were down.You should have plenty of seats but yall's side will be on our old home side you'll figure it out.

I'm so confused- if you sit on the away side and the visitors sit on the home side doesn't that make the visitor side the home side and the home side the visitor side? If thats the case why not just call the home side the home side and the visitor side the visitor side? It seems to make more sense to just call each side what it is. For example that would be like saying we are going to call davidson county giles county and giles county davidson county just because we were travelling to a different county. Will the visiting team stand on the home sideline or the visiting sideline? What about the home team will they stand in front of the home fans or the visiting fans. Should fans from the visiting team use the home restrooms or the away restrooms? Will the visitng team be in charge of working the chains since they are technically going to be on the home side? Will the home team drive busses to the game since they will be on the visitor side. Please straighten up these issues for me. Looking forward to going down to my home away from home on Friday!