Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree...I think DB has the best chance out of any area teams to go to the state tournament. When the D-B versus Science Hill match-up rolls around, everyone will find out how much talent this year's Dobyns-Bennett team has. D-B will be a very big and physical team this year. They will be an all-around team for Coach Morgan. I'm excited to see how this team can shoot the ball. I keep hearing about Dustin McConnell and Todd Halvorsen as being the 2nd and 3rd best guards on the team this year behind Sylvester. From what I understand, McConnell and Halvorsen are the best shooters on the team and possibly two of the top shooters in the whole conference. I'm excited to see them in action. There's no doubt in my mind this year's race to Murfreesboro will be a good one in which I think D-B has the best chance.

Here's how I see the Big 9 Conference

1. Dobyns-Bennett (too much talent, size, and can out shoot and outscore anybody)

2. Science Hill (defense will earn them number 2 spot)

3. Tennessee High

4. East

5. Volunteer

6. Central

7. Boone

8. Crockett

9. South

Go Vols!

I agree !!! They will play in a big time classic in Pikeville Ky in December ....... Also CPA will play Ky # 1 or 2 team Mason Co with UK committed Darius Miller in the same event ...... Going to be a great year for DB !!

Boone third? Nice call Austin Click.

DB

Tn High

SH

Central

East

Boone

Volunteer

South

Crockett

Artist formerly known as HessforPrez!

Actually the names Drew Edwards and i go to all the Boone games. I have seen the team play this summer and they will surprise alot of teams so Jason Rock, why dont you back up your smack talk on the court this year instead of riding the pine.

My personal projections:

1. Dobyns Bennett

2. Science Hill

3. Tennessee High

4. Sullivan East

5. Sullivan Central

6. Volunteer

7. Daniel Boone

8. David Crockett

9. Sullivan South

And for the poster who previously mentioned the talented freshman at Sullivan East...I agree, he really is that good. I don't know how well he will be able to compete immediatley, but the boy can really play. He will be a definate offensive weapon in the future and possibly this year.

What is the kids name? The Freshman at East?

He really that good?

DB to win state is ridiculous. You saying Bronson Flack as contending for player of the year may be more ridiculous. Jordan Edwards is their post stud. Bronson shys away from contact,Edwards is gonna take the contact and finish. DB has the best all around guard-Sylvester, and post player-Edwards, in the conference. I say all around because Sylvester can shoot,pass,handle the ball,and play D,no other guard can do all those. And they are just juniors. The state prediction for them even next year would be ridiculous. Teams from this area just cannot match up athletically with teams from Memphis. It would take a virtuoso performance in the Boro for East TN teams to win it.

Despite all those,I say DB wins the conference but in a fashion similar to last year. Start off slow,then get the ball rolling at the end. No big 9 team will go undefeated in conference play. And I think that the conference is pretty good this year,I would not be surprised at all if when regionals comes around it looks like a repeat of the district tournament.

Goooooo Cougars.

When you say Best all-round post player.... Jordan Edwards.....

The way Coach Charley Morgan runs the Dobyns Bennett Program usually consists of Experience, Seniority, and Athletics. Now Im not saying Edwards isnt an athlete, just saying that there are Deffinatly more posts that can dish out stats for DB then Just Edwards and his "finishing with the contact." I wouldnt forget about Marshall Hardy. I think hes 6'4'' or 6'5''? and weighs more then Edwards?? correct me if Im wrong.

From what i hear, hes worked hard and is going to be a Ox Inside for DB. Id lean toward all posts and not just singleing out 1 individual post, Jordan has another year also. he has a good future ahead of him.

But the Maturity and Experience will come to the fore front soon.

Im really looking forward to seeing this Team play together, sounds like they got good chemistry this season!!

When you say Best all-round post player.... Jordan Edwards.....

The way Coach Charley Morgan runs the Dobyns Bennett Program usually consists of Experience, Seniority, and Athletics. Now Im not saying Edwards isnt an athlete, just saying that there are Deffinatly more posts that can dish out stats for DB then Just Edwards and his "finishing with the contact." I wouldnt forget about Marshall Hardy. I think hes 6'4'' or 6'5''? and weighs more then Edwards?? correct me if Im wrong.

From what i hear, hes worked hard and is going to be a Ox Inside for DB. Id lean toward all posts and not just singleing out 1 individual post, Jordan has another year also. he has a good future ahead of him.

But the Maturity and Experience will come to the fore front soon.

Im really looking forward to seeing this Team play together, sounds like they got good chemistry this season!!

I would still take Edwards. I like how you quoted me saying finishing with contact like it wasn't a good thing. I would love to have a post player who constantly gets And 1's. I won't disagree that DB has other talented post players,an early poster said Flack may be POTY in the conference though. And I find that hard to believe when I don't think he is even the best post player on his team. Certain teams will just push him around. I also forgot about Barnes from East and a sleeper is Albright,a junior from Central,as far as best all around post players in the conference.

And I don't know much about Maryville,but I do know they had a guy who was going to UT on a football scholarship. And that is what I said,this area(Big 9,IMAC) does not have the Athletes to compete with Memphis teams. I guess when I said East TN I should have been more focused on those 2 conferences. Frankly,I can't believe we are even talking about state when a regular season game hasn't been played,thats another story though.

Anybody got any players we should expect break out years from?

I would still take Edwards. I like how you quoted me saying finishing with contact like it wasn't a good thing. I would love to have a post player who constantly gets And 1's. I won't disagree that DB has other talented post players,an early poster said Flack may be POTY in the conference though. And I find that hard to believe when I don't think he is even the best post player on his team. Certain teams will just push him around. I also forgot about Barnes from East and a sleeper is Albright,a junior from Central,as far as best all around post players in the conference.

And I don't know much about Maryville,but I do know they had a guy who was going to UT on a football scholarship. And that is what I said,this area(Big 9,IMAC) does not have the Athletes to compete with Memphis teams. I guess when I said East TN I should have been more focused on those 2 conferences. Frankly,I can't believe we are even talking about state when a regular season game hasn't been played,thats another story though.

Anybody got any players we should expect break out years from?

No. Im not saying that "Finishing with the contact' is a bad thing. I was throwing it out there that there are also other posts who have worked on the off season im almost 100% sure, because Coach Morgan wouldnt let them slack. He knows hes got talent and he has pushed them hard over he summer. I also kno that Hardy is the best post player because he has the all around game period. Shoot the 3, mid jumper, defence, hes gotten quicker and alot stronger ive herd, and thats a MAJOR plus to go along with a big frame. And he has the post footwork. Jordan is still a junior and is limited with post footwork and a little mid jumper. But like is said he also has alot more time to work on those things.....

And Flack has also gotten stronger, im sure you will be suprised this season, just because Flack shys away from contact one year doesnt mean he will this year. All the Kids have matured in one good way or the other.

And ive also listened in on an exciting new kind of setup, Coach Morgan may step his big men out around the perimeter, So be looking out for a few of the more quicker and agile posts to be making DB's Lineup a more versatile and scary set for other teams. I feel that putting the Posts out and filling the 3 and 2 man spots has its strong points and weak points. But that should be a sight to see! 6'4 6'6 6'9 6'3 6'1 thats a nightmare for teams if played right! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Speaking of lineups. Does anybody know what the starting lineups for both DB and Science Hill will look like???

MY guesses would be.......

Science Hill pretty much has a set lineup since they didn't lose much.

Science Hill

1. Josh Odem (6'3)

2. Chris Smith (6'2)

3. Danny Avery (6'1)

4. Ashlon Adams (6'6)

5. Dionte Gray (6'5)

Hard to say about DB, so I will give a little mixture. Yall can tell me what it WILL be.........

DB

1. Tramell ???last name??? (5'10) (maybe the kid from NY, dont really know much about him)

2. Sylvester (5'10) goes unsaid)

3. Todd Halvorsen(6'3)/Dustin McConnell(6'2)/Reid King (6'2--senior might get it)

4. Hardy(6'4?/6'5?)/Bronson Flack (6'9) (my guess is Flack but I heard bout Hardy?)

5. Edwards (6'7) goes unsaid)

These are just some guesses?? Let's here your thoughts. And the rest of the starting lineups for the BIG 9 CONFERENCE.

Speaking of lineups. Does anybody know what the starting lineups for both DB and Science Hill will look like???

MY guesses would be.......

Science Hill pretty much has a set lineup since they didn't lose much.

Science Hill

1. Josh Odem (6'3)

2. Spencer (???) (5'11)

3. Senior (6'1 cant remember his name but started last yr.)

4. Ashlon Adams (6'6)

5. Dionte Gray (6'5)

Hard to say about DB, so I will give a little mixture. Yall can tell me what it WILL be.........

DB

1. Tramell ???last name??? (5'10) (maybe the kid from NY, dont really know much about him)

2. Sylvester (5'10) goes unsaid)

3. Todd Halvorsen(6'3)/Dustin McConnell(6'2)/Reid King (6'2--senior might get it)

4. Hardy(6'4?/6'5?)/Bronson Flack (6'9) (my guess is Flack but I heard bout Hardy?)

5. Edwards (6'7) goes unsaid)

These are just some guesses?? Let's here your thoughts. And the rest of the starting lineups for the BIG 9 CONFERENCE.

i will put my opinion down also.

1 josh odem (very thin kid, but super quick)

2 spencer (dont kno much on him)

3 josh smith (has lock down D)

4 Ashlon (very athletic, Junior right?)

5 Dionte (big framed boy. Lefty)

DB predictions.....

1 Tremell McGue or Jamell (i know thats his name, but not sure on spelling.)

2 Sylvester or Adam Lytle (Both extremely athletic.)

3 Reed King comes first for me because hes a senior. then Todd or Dustin.

4 Flack or the long Riggs Kid. (the kid has hands like no other!)

5 i would just say Hardy then Edwards, and yet again. Seniority.

Any1 else?

i will put my opinion down also.

1 josh odem (very thin kid, but super quick)

2 spencer (dont kno much on him)

3 josh smith (has lock down D)

4 Ashlon (very athletic, Junior right?)

5 Dionte (big framed boy. Lefty)

DB predictions.....

1 Tremell McGue or Jamell (i know thats his name, but not sure on spelling.)

2 Sylvester or Adam Lytle (Both extremely athletic.)

3 Reed King comes first for me because hes a senior. then Todd or Dustin.

4 Flack or the long Riggs Kid. (the kid has hands like no other!)

5 i would just say Hardy then Edwards, and yet again. Seniority.

Any1 else?

Science Hill will probably move Chris Smith to the 2 guard and start that Danny Avery guy at the 3 spot.