Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

Yea, the District is at Volunteer this year, and everyone knows what that means. The beat down will be on. For the life of me I cannot understand why the parents of the players in that program put up with their coach. The things he is telling his players to do. I know that alot of parents disagree with it. I know alot of the players don't like to play dirty. But he insists that they play that way. You would think that someone somewhere either in the program itself or in the media would have the stones to say enough is enough. Unfortunatly its probably going to take someone getting seriously hurt and filing some lawsuits to get the problem taken care of. It would be ashame for it to get to that point, but in this day and age it will happen eventually if something isn't done. And by that time its to late and everyone loses.

Here we go again.... same crap that was said last year and I thought I told you all last year but I guess you all can't remember... Coach Whitt never ever once told me nor any of the players on that team to kill someone as you basically state! I would love to know who your source is on all your information you are using cause you need to tell them they are wrong and if its just you watching the games well I do know that I was told to play hard every second of the game I was in and I and everyone on the team did so. Everyone states DB SH has all this talent but yet they play volunteer and dirty play comes out well there is a difference in competing and not backing down its alot different then playing dirty. The other teams int the conference just think oh volunteer lets take their lunch money and run well thats were we came in and said NO bottom line it wasn't going to happen we were going to play the whole game 100% and leave nothing on the court and when the final horn blow shake hands go back to the locker room and get ready for the next team the next day. But it seem when we don't just hand out lunch money and say here DB HERE SH HERE everyone else in the big 9 win we stink... were volunteer someone gets on here all mad and crying say oh volunteer is too tough well guess what we are sorry we didn't know we was playing patty cake instead of basketball i mean seriously come on people. HEART! and TEAM! thats what the falcon family learns and when you play with both you will have a chance to win so thats just what we did and they will continue to do. You don't just win 20 or more games 5 out of the last 7 season by giving everything to everyone and be "the easy team in the conference". We may not be the best team but we sure will go out and give it our best in trying to become to top team. So everyone that is on here crying about oh volunteer is tough and plays dirty bla bla bla SHUT UP cause until you are coached by coach Whitt or even sit in on a practice you haven't the slightest idea of how he coaches! Give it up and just play or if your not playing like me anymore support your team and say what you think but don't go stating "facts" that are untrue! For the falcons that read this don't mind anyone on here they are going to down you all they can coach Whitt keep up the great coaching cause it was funniest time of my life! HEART FAMILY TEAM AND DEFENSE have all those the rest of the game will fall into place.

-Ed Smith

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will either be DB or SH i dont think anybody else will play with those two. and its a joke to say bronson will be a candidate for MVP of the the big 9 if i was chuck morgan i wouldnt even start him. hardy is a really tough post player he has really good moves and uses his body good he needs to play just as much as jordan does. im sure jordan wont get to start at the start of the year if football plays deep into the playoffs cause chuck doesnt like when his bball players play other sports than just basketball. SH should be really good this year they just lost Omar and its not like he was the only good player on that team. if adams would grow up and not worry about there coach and just play his game i think he would be better than Omar easily. i think this conference should be pretty good this year but they will miss some fun players that were there last year.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Here we go again.... same crap that was said last year and I thought I told you all last year but I guess you all can't remember... Coach Whitt never ever once told me nor any of the players on that team to kill someone as you basically state! I would love to know who your source is on all your information you are using cause you need to tell them they are wrong and if its just you watching the games well I do know that I was told to play hard every second of the game I was in and I and everyone on the team did so. Everyone states DB SH has all this talent but yet they play volunteer and dirty play comes out well there is a difference in competing and not backing down its alot different then playing dirty. The other teams int the conference just think oh volunteer lets take their lunch money and run well thats were we came in and said NO bottom line it wasn't going to happen we were going to play the whole game 100% and leave nothing on the court and when the final horn blow shake hands go back to the locker room and get ready for the next team the next day. But it seem when we don't just hand out lunch money and say here DB HERE SH HERE everyone else in the big 9 win we stink... were volunteer someone gets on here all mad and crying say oh volunteer is too tough well guess what we are sorry we didn't know we was playing patty cake instead of basketball i mean seriously come on people. HEART! and TEAM! thats what the falcon family learns and when you play with both you will have a chance to win so thats just what we did and they will continue to do. You don't just win 20 or more games 5 out of the last 7 season by giving everything to everyone and be "the easy team in the conference". We may not be the best team but we sure will go out and give it our best in trying to become to top team. So everyone that is on here crying about oh volunteer is tough and plays dirty bla bla bla SHUT UP cause until you are coached by coach Whitt or even sit in on a practice you haven't the slightest idea of how he coaches! Give it up and just play or if your not playing like me anymore support your team and say what you think but don't go stating "facts" that are untrue! For the falcons that read this don't mind anyone on here they are going to down you all they can coach Whitt keep up the great coaching cause it was funniest time of my life! HEART FAMILY TEAM AND DEFENSE have all those the rest of the game will fall into place.

-Ed Smith

Wow. I had to read that a few times but I think I know what you said. I believe I gave Volunteer credit for playing hard, and having heart. But it doesn't excuse the dirty play. And you can stop denying it, everyone in the conference knows it. The coaches, the players, the fans. Everyone see's it, or it wouldn't be a topic at all. You see people on here talking about teams playing physical all of the time. But only Volunteer gets talked about when the subject of dirty and classless play comes up. I guess everyone else is wrong and only the people at Volunteer are right. And if your coach doesn't coach this way, then why doesn't he put an end to the slop his "Foul-cons" are known for? There are some good athletes, good kids, and good people at Volunteer. Its a shame that one coach can overshadow that with his lack of class. And you talk about winning basketball games, thats great. But that burning sensation you feel inside of you is knowing how you won those games. The way it makes you feel to know you would do anything for a win, including taking out an opponent.

Wow. I had to read that a few times but I think I know what you said. I believe I gave Volunteer credit for playing hard, and having heart. But it doesn't excuse the dirty play. And you can stop denying it, everyone in the conference knows it. The coaches, the players, the fans. Everyone see's it, or it wouldn't be a topic at all. You see people on here talking about teams playing physical all of the time. But only Volunteer gets talked about when the subject of dirty and classless play comes up. I guess everyone else is wrong and only the people at Volunteer are right. And if your coach doesn't coach this way, then why doesn't he put an end to the slop his "Foul-cons" are known for? There are some good athletes, good kids, and good people at Volunteer. Its a shame that one coach can overshadow that with his lack of class. And you talk about winning basketball games, thats great. But that burning sensation you feel inside of you is knowing how you won those games. The way it makes you feel to know you would do anything for a win, including taking out an opponent.

Wow, you have it in for that coach don't you. Did he steal your lunch money and call you fat when you were kids or something? Grow a pair!!! If it is such a concern, quit ranting on a computer and take up the issue with HIM. Don't whine and cry on a faceless message board like a 4 year old girl. He fouled me boooo hoooo. This is sickening!

Wow, you have it in for that coach don't you. Did he steal your lunch money and call you fat when you were kids or something? Grow a pair!!! If it is such a concern, quit ranting on a computer and take up the issue with HIM. Don't whine and cry on a faceless message board like a 4 year old girl. He fouled me boooo hoooo. This is sickening!

LOL I guess if this is so sickening then close your eyes, cause its not going to end. This is only the begining. Just wait till the season starts and one by one teams and coaches start complaining.

LOL I guess if this is so sickening then close your eyes, cause its not going to end. This is only the begining. Just wait till the season starts and one by one teams and coaches start complaining.

If there was any misunderstanding in my 'sickening' comment, it was directed at your whining not the 'rough play'. As for the others complaining more as the season goes, I would like to think that players and coaches should be more concerned with THEIR teams rather than worrying about every one else's team. If you dislike physical basketball, I suggest you join the quiz bowl team. It's a non-contact activity. On the other hand, you'll probably complain about pressing the buzzer to hard. Go home to momma and curl up with your blanket.

If there was any misunderstanding in my 'sickening' comment, it was directed at your whining not the 'rough play'. As for the others complaining more as the season goes, I would like to think that players and coaches should be more concerned with THEIR teams rather than worrying about every one else's team. If you dislike physical basketball, I suggest you join the quiz bowl team. It's a non-contact activity. On the other hand, you'll probably complain about pressing the buzzer to hard. Go home to momma and curl up with your blanket.

There is a difference between physical play and dirty play. Fighting for every rebound, setting a solid screen, bodying up with a guy is alot different than taking out his legs on a jumpshot, tripping a guy when he gets thru your screen, or taking a guy out without even trying to go for the ball when he's beat you for a layup. Intentionally trying to injure opposing players is beyond physical play, its just plain dirty, low, and classless. Thats when coaches start sending in complaints, because they are concerned about their team. Your "Foul_cons" are known for the garbage they throw around on the floor. I guess your proud of that.

There is a difference between physical play and dirty play. Fighting for every rebound, setting a solid screen, bodying up with a guy is alot different than taking out his legs on a jumpshot, tripping a guy when he gets thru your screen, or taking a guy out without even trying to go for the ball when he's beat you for a layup. Intentionally trying to injure opposing players is beyond physical play, its just plain dirty, low, and classless. Thats when coaches start sending in complaints, because they are concerned about their team. Your "Foul_cons" are known for the garbage they throw around on the floor. I guess your proud of that.

You sound to me like the weakling on the beach that gets sand kicked in your face. Work hard, get in the weight room and do something about it. Quit complaining on a message board. Once again, comfront the coach in person if you are so concerned. I know for a FACT that intentionally hurting someone is not taught. And if the Falcons are known for not being a pushover andfor being scrappers on the court, yes I am proud of that.

You sound to me like the weakling on the beach that gets sand kicked in your face. Work hard, get in the weight room and do something about it. Quit complaining on a message board. Once again, comfront the coach in person if you are so concerned. I know for a FACT that intentionally hurting someone is not taught. And if the Falcons are known for not being a pushover andfor being scrappers on the court, yes I am proud of that.

What I am seeing is that you never denied dirty play of the Falcons. You know they do it and every other team in the big 9 knows it. I just wish they taught you all how to play real ball out there in Hawkins County. Yee- Haw!!!

What I am seeing is that you never denied dirty play of the Falcons. You know they do it and every other team in the big 9 knows it. I just wish they taught you all how to play real ball out there in Hawkins County. Yee- Haw!!!

I don't think physical play is dirty play. If that is the case, Bruce Pearl is the dirtiest coach in the nation. Physical play, hustle, and 100% effort is not dirty play. You all are just longing for the days that you could mark down the Volunteer game as a win, but now you have to earn it. You ascinine people that think Hawkins County is such a hick place are really delusional or have an overinflated sense of self-worth. I know the rest of the Tri-Cities area is such a bustling metropolis comperable to any other major metropolitan area in the nation such as NYC, LA, and Chicago. (For those that can't read between the lines, that was sarcasm and if you don't know what that is...look in Websters) By the way, please define 'real ball'. Do we play a 'fantasy ball' or 'dreamland ball'? (More sarcasm)

I don't think physical play is dirty play. If that is the case, Bruce Pearl is the dirtiest coach in the nation. Physical play, hustle, and 100% effort is not dirty play. You all are just longing for the days that you could mark down the Volunteer game as a win, but now you have to earn it. You ascinine people that think Hawkins County is such a hick place are really delusional or have an overinflated sense of self-worth. I know the rest of the Tri-Cities area is such a bustling metropolis comperable to any other major metropolitan area in the nation such as NYC, LA, and Chicago. (For those that can't read between the lines, that was sarcasm and if you don't know what that is...look in Websters) By the way, please define 'real ball'. Do we play a 'fantasy ball' or 'dreamland ball'? (More sarcasm)

OK. Real ball is what all of the other teams in the conference play. Our game plan doesnt include things such as, elbows to the face, taking legs out, shoving in the back on a lay-up, tripping because you all arent fast enough to keep up with the game. Real ball is showing hustle, emotion, FAIR PLAY. If you get beat to the basket and have no way to block it then just let it go. Dont form tackle someone going up for a layup. you all could use some of your basketball players on ur defense in football. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />