Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, well, well..... here it is 2007, and Floor General is still up to his poison three years later. There will not be a lawsuit to reveal his Identity. I will reveal it if this does not stop. I told you and everyone else that Coach Whitt or anybody in the organization does not teach players to play dirty. They are taught to play hard, and sometimes the hard play is termed to be dirty. I played at DB from 83-87, and many players before me can attest to what I am about to say. Buck and other popular coaches like Burns, Pitts, and Warner all taught that you do not give an uncontested lay up or you would wind up on the bench. Today's game has become way too finess. It's all about the flash and glitter. The uniforms have to sag to the knees and some players care more about how they look for the girls than if their team wins. In the Big Nine last year, we probably gave up the most three-point plays (not three-pointers) in the conference. That was due to the in-experience of our young players. if we taught players to play dirty, there's no way we would give up as many three-point plays as we did the last couple of years. If you've had a three year axe to grind Floor General, please call Coach Whitt and discuss it with him, but remember, he goes to work everyday just like you. How would you like it if someone kept calling you out at your job and put you down even though you did not do the things that were being lied about. Oh yeah..... there is a lot of truth from a previous poster.... you could get sued if Coach Whitt got tired of you getting on here and lying about what you know nothing about. It is called slander and there is no hiding from a screen name when it comes to that. Also, like I said before, I could call you out and let everyone know who you are. I do not hide behind a screen name because I do not try and cut down people on here. This a a game of teenagers that play for extra-curricular activity. If it was how you say it was, then the players that graduated from Volunteer would not come back around. Coach Whitt has a number of his players come back and see how the program's doing. Please act like you have some sense and get on with other topics, hopefully something positive for a change. I will at least see you at TWO games this year. Remember to say hi to me if you want. You know where I am, and I know where you are.

To everyone else..... good luck to all teams in the Big Nine this year. There seems to be a lot of parity and questions to be answered this year. I wish all of you a good season and good health. GOD BLESS!!!!!

PS..... Hey SKUNK? The business will be open around MArch or April, and there might be bigger market we are currently looking at. See you at the DB/Volunteer games. Take care......

First, let me congratulate Volunteer for their big win last night. Shows just what a team with alot of heart and determination can accomplish. Good luck next week.

Now, to respond to post. As far as the lawsuit, I believe it would be libel instead of slander. And if you truly think you could make that stand up in court based solely on me expressing my opinions, then have at it. Also you said yourself that your teams play could be considered dirty. Next, I don't think you have a clue who I am. I know I don't know who you are. That was pretty bright of you to mention that you would see me at least twice this year, considering I'm posting in the Big 9 conference forum. But anyways, I invite you to come over and sit with me when you do see me. I won't bite. Maybe we could have some good conversation about basketball and possibly discuss this matter and try and understand it from each others perspective. I don't think we could ever agree, however that doesn't mean we cannot understand one another. I would welcome this. So, please, if you truly know who I am, when you do see me, have a seat and I'll buy the drinks.

After reading this I believe that most people are underestimating the Patriot basketball team. Yeah we may be undersized in some posistions, but i know for a fact that no team has as much heart as our team. Dillon Faver will dominate the conference this year i dont think there is a defender around that can stop his last second heroics. Issac Snapp is going to get back on track after last seasons lack lusster second half. Kyle Barnes may not be 6'9 or 6'7 but he is a warrior on the boards, and he can shot the three ball better than most guards. Wes Eads is a soild defender who is always playing hard, and he is a very underestimated offensive player. Koree Deeb is a new comer to the starting lineup but he saw considerable playing time last year. He plays good defense and he shots from the corners better than anybody. As for the freshman, Jordan Cross, he will be an imediate factor as the sixth man. Ive seen him play since he was in the seventh grade and he is rediculous. Also, some of u people are speaking of the Cougar dome being a tough place to play. This year no matter where East is playing it will be a tough place to play. Especially the Patriot Palace.

First, let me congratulate Volunteer for their big win last night. Shows just what a team with alot of heart and determination can accomplish. Good luck next week.

Now, to respond to post. As far as the lawsuit, I believe it would be libel instead of slander. And if you truly think you could make that stand up in court based solely on me expressing my opinions, then have at it. Also you said yourself that your teams play could be considered dirty. Next, I don't think you have a clue who I am. I know I don't know who you are. That was pretty bright of you to mention that you would see me at least twice this year, considering I'm posting in the Big 9 conference forum. But anyways, I invite you to come over and sit with me when you do see me. I won't bite. Maybe we could have some good conversation about basketball and possibly discuss this matter and try and understand it from each others perspective. I don't think we could ever agree, however that doesn't mean we cannot understand one another. I would welcome this. So, please, if you truly know who I am, when you do see me, have a seat and I'll buy the drinks.

No Perry Mason it is slander. And it would stand up in court. Everyone has an opinion, but stating that as fact in a public forum damages reputations (slander). Your remarks are recorded in print at the host's site. A simple supoena woud gain access to that information as well as your identity. If you used an assumed name, then the e-mail address used to activate your account can be tracked. Use this site to discuss basketball not to defame people. You obviously have a problem with Coach Whittemore. Be a man and discuss it with him, not on this site. By the way, if Coach Whittemore wishes to pursue that course of action, it will be free of charge.

No Perry Mason it is slander. And it would stand up in court. Everyone has an opinion, but stating that as fact in a public forum damages reputations (slander). Your remarks are recorded in print at the host's site. A simple supoena woud gain access to that information as well as your identity. If you used an assumed name, then the e-mail address used to activate your account can be tracked. Use this site to discuss basketball not to defame people. You obviously have a problem with Coach Whittemore. Be a man and discuss it with him, not on this site. By the way, if Coach Whittemore wishes to pursue that course of action, it will be free of charge.

Excuse me Matlock, but I believe you are incorrect. Might want to check your lawbooks again. Slander and Libel both fall under the catagory of defamation. Slander being oral defamation (meaning speaking it to someone) and libel being published defamation (which includes writing or broadcasting). Can you show me where I have stated such opinions as absolute facts? Anyways, I'm done with this subject. It is time to start talking about meaningful basketball topics asothers have stated. The season is here and whether or not my opinions have merit or not can be judged by others. Once again, congrats on the big win. I'll be rooting for you to get another one next Friday.

Coach Whitt never ever once told me nor any of the players on that team to kill someone as you basically state! I would love to know who your source is on all your information you are using cause you need to tell them they are wrong and if its just you watching the games well I do know that I was told to play hard every second of the game I was in and I and everyone on the team did so. Everyone states DB SH has all this talent but yet they play volunteer and dirty play comes out well there is a difference in competing and not backing down its alot different then playing dirty.

Well I have some information that will probably NOT shock you Smith. I have talked to two players from Volunteer. One from the team last year and one from the team this year. And both said that Coach Whittemore of Volunteer told them to take a certain players legs out on a layup or shot if they got one. I will not reveal the names of the players cause they said not to. Now.... they said that it only happened a few of times, but still............... ONCE is WAY more than enough. There is a difference between playing hard, with heart, physicality, than playing dirty. Just think about that and you will know what I am talking about.

Well I have some information that will probably NOT shock you Smith. I have talked to two players from Volunteer. One from the team last year and one from the team this year. And both said that Coach Whittemore of Volunteer told them to take a certain players legs out on a layup or shot if they got one. I will not reveal the names of the players cause they said not to. Now.... they said that it only happened a few of times, but still............... ONCE is WAY more than enough. There is a difference between playing hard, with heart, physicality, than playing dirty. Just think about that and you will know what I am talking about.

Hmmm Interesting.

Thats not something you'd want to believe, stepping in the shoes of an opposing player, or Coach.

If this is True, what i dont understand is why tell Teenagers to do that?

This is Highschool Ball, its not the Olympics USA vs Germany team. Its not the end of the world if you get a Layup or Jumper scored on you.... holy cow. What that kind of action could mean is Destroying a kids Dreams, Permanent Injury, ect. This is Highschool Basketball, Lets Get Real. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

If thats the truth, its sad. and i FOR 1, am Hoping that Garbage style of Play is stopped.

Makes Us as East Tennesse look bad, and Individual schools who do it also.

BUT that is, if thats Truth.

And From watching Volunteer ever since they joined up in our Conference, I'd Believe it too..... /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

FanoFall you sir, are an idiot. You actually want people to believe that, but without revealing their names. I know for a fact Whitt has never said that crap. I DO, however, know that you now could very well get yourself into some hot water. I'm sure you've read the forum and seen all of the lawsuit stuff. You are specifically citing references, and claiming to have directly heard these Accusations on coach whitt. IF you are going to make these direct quotes you received from former volunteer players public, then you better be 100% sure they're true. Also, these so-called former players could very have not been on good terms with Coach Whitt, and saw this as an opportunity to get him back. If thats the case then they will be in serious trouble, as could you for taking their false information and making it public. My greatest suggestion to both you, and FloorGeneral22, is to stop posting information you have no way of ever proving or knowing is true about Coach Whitt.

If you think I'm just spinning you're wheels, and have no legal experience, think again. If you're around any of the judicial sites, usually Kingsport, Greeneville, or Rogersille, then you very well may know me. Good Luck on guessing /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Let me clear the air since I have not posted on here in a while and many may not remember who I am. I am one of the assistant coaches of Volunteer. I attend many practices, games, and trips taken to play the games. I can honestly say that I have NEVER witnessed or heard at ANYTIME where Coach Whittemore has given players instructions to take out ANY player. Many people who know me, know that I would not stand for such actions and would walk out of a game or practice and never return. I do not condone or allow such things to happen. So to all of you who do not like Coach Whittemore or the Volunteer program, your comments are just comments of opinion. I have the facts. If you read my previous posts or my quotes at the end of any post I make, then you would know how I am and what I stand for. This site is a powerful tool, if used the right way. Some posts on here such as Fanofall and FloorGenreal22 show that it is also dangerous to throw accusations around without merit. If there are concerns for any misconduct by a coach or player, this is NOT the place to do it. Put your requests to the TSSAA website. Oh yeah, you have to use your real name there. I truly beleive that all kids that play this game love it and do so because they love their particular program. Some fans on here should support their teams and leave it at that. You don't realize how dangerous any accusation is against a coach, or maybe you do and do not care to damage someone's reputation. Whatever you believe know this....... I will not stand for ANY cheating or "dirty" play by a player or a coach. I do not have to coach; I do it because I want to give back to the game what it has given me over my career as a player and a coach. I have coached just about every big name player from this area from 1993-2003 in AAU. You will not find ONE player that will say that I have ever stood for cheating or "dirty" play, and I will not stand for it now. Again... Good luck to ALL Big Nine teams, players, and coaches. GOD BLESS!!!!!