Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread, the Big 9 Conference......

I have not had time to review the Big Nine teams, but I have to assume the Big three (Science Hill, DB, and TN High) will make a push for the top three spots again this year. Central also has a good program year in and year out. There was a correct post by FloorGeneral a couple of weeks ago, we (Volunteer) will upset some teams this year and will probably lose to some we should have won. That's what you get with a young team as we have. As for the other teams, I do not know how they stack up this year due to my busy schedule so I can not predict where they will end up. If anyone sees Dionte Grey, tell him to come see me at the LC. I haven't seen him since before school started. Anyway, can anyone predict where the nine teams will stack up this year. I love to see predictions and how they unfold by the end of the year. GOD BLESS!!!!

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I better add this from now on.

WARNING: Spelling errors in this message are the product of a poor school system. Pay teachures more than athletes.

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed by the author of this post may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. This post does not necessarily reflect the views of this website, the author??™s mother, father, sister, brother, uncle, aunt, grandparents, cousins, step relations, any other blood relative and the author himself. Reading this post constitutes your unconditional acceptance of agreement with all terms, conditions, conclusions and opinions, either expressed or implied, as interpreted by the author without further clarification. The accuracy, completeness, veracity, honesty, exactitude, factuality and politeness of this post is not guaranteed. Although it may claim otherwise, this post does not provide legal, medical, psychiatric, veterinary, gynecological, archaeological, astronomical, astrological, ontological, paleontological, philosophical, axiological, audiological, bacteriological, mineralogical, criminological, terminological, dermatological, ecclesiastical, campanological, phrenological, phonological, technological, hematological, or any other logical advice. No animals or trees were harmed in the transmission of this post.

If you have any questions about the above disclaimer, please contact your local bar association, law society, neighborhood association of jurists, medical board, county hospital, phone book, online directory, local emergency number in your jurisdiction, mother or Google to find a or obtain a referral to a competent professional. If you do not have reasonable means of contacting an attorney-at-law, lawyer, civil law notary, barrister, solicitor, medical professional, coroner or any other professional in the area of your inquiry, meaning you are an orphaned, computer-illiterate social hazard, please exit this window and get your life in order.

Well I have some information that will probably NOT shock you Smith. I have talked to two players from Volunteer. One from the team last year and one from the team this year. And both said that Coach Whittemore of Volunteer told them to take a certain players legs out on a layup or shot if they got one. I will not reveal the names of the players cause they said not to. Now.... they said that it only happened a few of times, but still............... ONCE is WAY more than enough. There is a difference between playing hard, with heart, physicality, than playing dirty. Just think about that and you will know what I am talking about.

I would love to know who told you that cause I personally know everyone on last years team (I was part of it) and i know everyone on this years team minus the upcoming freshmen so if they can tell you these crazy lies then why can't they stand up behind them with their name?

-Ed Smith

This is info from tricitiessports.com reguarding the jamboree.

The Big 9 boys will have their jamboree on Thursday night at Sullivan East with Cherokee the visiting team for it. This will be strictly play with the coaches and players having met the media at East last Thursday.

Scrimmages will be held of two quarters each and will match the following:

5:45 p.m. -- Tennessee High vs Volunteer

6:30 p.m. -- Sullivan Central vs Science Hill

7:15 p.m. -- Daniel Boone vs Dobyns-Bennett

8:00 p.m. -- Cherokee vs Sullivan South

8:45 p.m. -- Sullivan East vs David Crockett

WARNING: Spelling errors in this message are the product of a poor school system. Pay teachures more than athletes.

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed by the author of this post may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. This post does not necessarily reflect the views of this website, the author's mother, father, sister, brother, uncle, aunt, grandparents, cousins, step relations, any other blood relative and the author himself. Reading this post constitutes your unconditional acceptance of agreement with all terms, conditions, conclusions and opinions, either expressed or implied, as interpreted by the author without further clarification. The accuracy, completeness, veracity, honesty, exactitude, factuality and politeness of this post is not guaranteed. Although it may claim otherwise, this post does not provide legal, medical, psychiatric, veterinary, gynecological, archaeological, astronomical, astrological, ontological, paleontological, philosophical, axiological, audiological, bacteriological, mineralogical, criminological, terminological, dermatological, ecclesiastical, campanological, phrenological, phonological, technological, hematological, or any other logical advice. No animals or trees were harmed in the transmission of this post.

If you have any questions about the above disclaimer, please contact your local bar association, law society, neighborhood association of jurists, medical board, county hospital, phone book, online directory, local emergency number in your jurisdiction, mother or Google to find a or obtain a referral to a competent professional. If you do not have reasonable means of contacting an attorney-at-law, lawyer, civil law notary, barrister, solicitor, medical professional, coroner or any other professional in the area of your inquiry, meaning you are an orphaned, computer-illiterate social hazard, please exit this window and get your life in order.

Excuse me Matlock, but I believe you are incorrect. Might want to check your lawbooks again. Slander and Libel both fall under the catagory of defamation. Slander being oral defamation (meaning speaking it to someone) and libel being published defamation (which includes writing or broadcasting). Can you show me where I have stated such opinions as absolute facts? Anyways, I'm done with this subject. It is time to start talking about meaningful basketball topics asothers have stated. The season is here and whether or not my opinions have merit or not can be judged by others. Once again, congrats on the big win. I'll be rooting for you to get another one next Friday.

As it turns out we both are correct on this. Since this can be considered a 'chat room' it can be construed as both libel and slander. Kind of a gray area the internet created. But anyway, I just wanted to move the conversation on to basketball on the court.

This is by far the dumbest stuff I have ever heard. Who cares what happened in the past? Also who cares what is said on here anyway, everyone has their own opinion and people that might not like someone will post bad things, but who really cares about taking the time to take someone to court over it? thats just ridiculous. I would say that if you have so much legal experience, either you have been in jail alot or your a lawyer, so I would think you would be a little more mature than threatening to take people to court.

This is by far the dumbest stuff I have ever heard. Who cares what happened in the past? Also who cares what is said on here anyway, everyone has their own opinion and people that might not like someone will post bad things, but who really cares about taking the time to take someone to court over it? thats just ridiculous. I would say that if you have so much legal experience, either you have been in jail alot or your a lawyer, so I would think you would be a little more mature than threatening to take people to court.

Well said Cougarfan... and how are those cougars shaping up this season? I usually know and talk to a few cougars each year, but I have been so busy with everything but basketball this year that I haven't had the time or energy to keep up in the know...ya know? Anyways.... Good Luck to your Cougars and see you at the games. GOD BLESS!!!!

Nyah, nyah, na, nyah, nyah.

Well said Cougarfan... and how are those cougars shaping up this season? I usually know and talk to a few cougars each year, but I have been so busy with everything but basketball this year that I haven't had the time or energy to keep up in the know...ya know? Anyways.... Good Luck to your Cougars and see you at the games. GOD BLESS!!!!

Come on Stokomo, where's the love? I figured you thought more of me than that. Hope all is well with you and the family. Oh,.......one more thing...... how about them Irish?!?!?!?

Hey Stokomo, Cougarfan22 isn't a Cougar Fan. I think it's someone from Tennessee High that fell in love with #22 last year at the Cougar Dome. As far as Central, we will have to wait and see. Coach Vaughn does a good job, and they will run and gun all night long. Probably will have our hands full with Cocke County this Friday. Good luck to the Falcons.

Central will be dangerous. You better beat them before they hit their stride though. They can beat anybody on any given night,but could maybe get upset any given night. Their starters will have maybe started a total of 2 games among them,however,they play well together, and once they get some experience and confidence can be scary. They will also be scrappy, and run and gun like someone alluded to earlier. Looking forward to the Volunteer game,should be a pretty exciting matchup with a little added incentive on both sides now after Volunteer ending our season last year.

Best of luck to all /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />