Big 9 Confrence

iamtheboonenation

And on a side not I hope that East has a very good season and wins the rest of the game they play this year (except for us). I got to see them play against TN High and rooted for them the whole time. I have especially been rooting for Dylan and Isaac since my brother has played with and against them since they were in pee wees. I also hope that Jordan Cross has a great season/career. I don't want to come of like that. My only problem is that I don't think it is fair to the other guys who are the top players to put him up there with them right now.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 i have never said top 5 players you have me confused with someone else and thats ok and i have never talked anyone up and i havent taken anything wrong i cut and pasted what you say how can that be misunderstood but hey i might be wrong i was one time but that was 1998 lol and your bro did play a great game but............ dont talk crap before you think maybe its the chemicals ya breath at work and i dont fault you its your job and look im not on here starting crap i just wanting to state facts and not down a kid before we see what the out come may be and you are cool with me no harm no foul like i said before

uh oh Volunteer beat TN High.. Get ready for FloorGeneral22 to get on here and whine and cry about our physical style of play.

lol Just cannot stand it can you? Just had to throw some bait out there, right? lol And I'm the one that gets accused of starting trouble. Well, I'll leave the comments to others for now. What say you CAP? Whats your opinion on this matter? Oh, and CAP, your comments on the Vikings defense and Cradic seemed to play out.

I think the Cougars are just THAT BAD. Not much talent or depth there this year. I think it was you Cap who said they're on the downhill slide after 04. I concur. Nothing coming from the middle schools either and the coaching at one of them is a joke. Fox is outstanding and an excellent basketball teacher. The other guy..............well...........no comment. I imagine Central will be much quieter this year. Give their fans time to "reflect". LOL

Blackjack54 I would like to ask you what facts you base this quote on? Nothing against Fox, but in the last few years, how many Area 1 State Championships has he won? How many has Harrison won at Holston? Do you know how many of the 15 players on the Varsity squad at Central are from Blountville? 5 is the answer. The other 10 are from Holston. Harrison won Back to Back Championships with the Junior and Seniors on the team now. So how can you not comment on his coaching ability? Maybe your son didn't make his team one year or better yet, maybe he outplayed you in High School and you still hold a grudge. Anyways Coach Harrison is a great coach and if given a chance at Central he would do a great job there also. Coach Vaughn stil has a few years left and he does have a young team now, but wait until tourney time and see what happens. I'm not saying they'll win the conference tourney or anything but they will surprise some teams. As far as DB and the Hill...... Noone will touch them up here. DB is talented 1-10. Most of which are underclassmen /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" The Hill also has alot of talent. The rest of the big 9 is up for grabs. Central let one slip by last night but hopefully they can build off it.

I see you have all your statistics right in a row there down to the "Area 1 Championship" which I knew would come up sooner or later. To set the record straight for your stats, I've never had a son play for the "coach" nor did I play against him in high school. I was already in the coaching ranks by that time my friend. I'm only stating my opinions here but I think Fox is the better of the two. Just a class act in my book. Good fundamentals, stresses teamwork, stresses academics, and as I expressed to Cap1, touches every facet of the athlete in the Dickie Warren, Buck Van Huss style. Your high school coaches will tell you that your little area 1 deal doesn't mean squat in high school. High School ball is a different animal. Competiting at that level does require some talent which I personally think Mr. Fox has. I agree that Coach Vaughn is an excellent coach and will glean every bit of talent from the boys that he can find. I just can't see Harrison filling the coaching duties like a Coach Witcher, or Dale Burns, or George Pitts that WCJC mentioned a few posts back. I had forgotten he was back in the area. Burns and Pitts..............now there are two legends. My comments are based on what his colleagues tell me and what I've seen his former players do. On the team/bench and on the floor are two entirely different things futurecougardad. It's my opinion that the boys from Blountville can outplay the Holston boys at the high school level. That Brown kid is a prime example. He's a real athlete. I did state that Albright and DeVault will get a lot of playing time. Just my opinion but observations are priceless and in this business actions speak a lot louder than words.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The Church Hill board of Mayor and Alterman meet Monday to discuse the anexation of Bristol, as they already own the "Stoned Castle" & "Viking Haw" /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The Church Hill board of Mayor and Alterman meet Monday to discuse the anexation of Bristol, as they already own the "Stoned Castle" & "Viking Haw" /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

WaCoJaCo, just wondering if you're a Volunteer fan? I think from your posts you might be. I have a question for you. Is Mr. Dykes still the Principal down there? Jim I think it is. Now there was an athlete back in the day! Best of my recollection, he was named Principal down there a few years ago. Nice fellow. Your fans are outstanding too. They really support that Falcon team. The Cradic kid is quite an athlete. What are his plans for college? I think that boy could go on either a football OR basketball ride.